S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Hockey and Other Roller Games
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hockey and Other Roller Games Discussions about hockey played on inline skates, quad roller skates, and ice skates. Also includes discussions about other games played on skates such as roller basketball and rollersoccer.

Old August 17th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #1
AwkwardTurtle

Question Need help identifying old skates

Hello, I'm pretty new and haven't had a chance of introducing myself on the self-introduction thread, due to not knowing what type of skates I currently use. (This is from the Slalom forums, I've come here for the experts involving hockey skates. Since I use them for Slalom, and free ride.) This also is pretty much a copy and paste from my original thread, if you don't mind the slalom-related statements included. Thanks!

The only thing I know is that they are CCM Hockey skates, but they're more than 10 years old. I'm curious on what they are.

Background information: I've inherited these skates from my older brother who is 10 years older than me. When I was younger, I wore them (they were big) and from comparing the wheels to my roller blades.. I was shocked to see how soft they were. Also it didn't have a heel brake, like my old roller blades have. The problem was, I didn't know how to stop then yah.. casualties.

Not only do I want to know the identity of the skates but I'm wondering if anyone who transitioned from hockey skates to Slalom skates can explain the difference. The thing is, I have my eye on Seba High Deluxes, yet I'm a beginner. I can't guarantee that I'll be skating on a daily basis, but if that is the case, I wouldn't run the quality down on them anytime soon when I do. Though I'd want to be able to free skate like I have in my current skates and be able to transit to slaloming. So I've heard that Seba FR1's can do the trick, but I'm attracted to Seba High's design and you could say I do have narrow feet.

Onto the main dish, here are some pictures I took 10 minutes ago:

http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/a...tified%20CCMs/

If you could identify them, I'd be more than glad!
Again, thanks for viewing this thread and an extra thanks for those who can solve this mystery!

-AwkwardTurtle
AwkwardTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:22 AM   #2
Elysarian
Ex-Pat Wiganer

The skates have all the identification you need on them

They are a pair of CCM Tacks 455 boots, CCM still make the Tacks range of boots and newer ones bear more than a passing resemblance to yours.

Unfortunately I can't expand any further on this subject as I'm not an in-line skater - I'm a quad skater.

I have some knowledge on hockey boots though as they form the basis of the majority of the skates I have experience with (here in the UK most quad skates are based on ice hockey or in-line hockey boots including my own current pair of converted Bauer RX-05's and my old pair of converted Bauer Turbos)

Now with added Daughter!
Elysarian is offline   Reply With Quote