S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum > Buying Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Buying Skates Tips and advice about buying aggressive skates plus information and opinions about all of the different aggressive skate models.

Old December 11th, 2007, 02:12 PM   #1
joku

Default Can i get an interchangeable Rec./Hockey frame on Agg. skate?

Hey guys,

I've been out of the aggressive skating scene for about 9-10yrs i think (it was around the time 5th elements first came to market...whenever that was). I still use my skates now and then, but I've been living under a rock when it comes to knowing whats changed in that time. I have a pair of majestic 12's and a pair of 5th elements...original types.

I'm now planning on doing some recreation skating with a group occasionally, but i still visit the skatepark/halfpipe now and then too. Am I able to buy some "universal frame size" aggressive skates and a larger (rec./hockey) wheel size frame to interchange with them? If so can you point me to some options for buying a larger wheel UFS frame? and are these frames easy enough to interchange to do it once every week or few?

Basically I want a skate thats a bit more friendly for cruising around than what i own. But it'd be nice to get a new aggressive skate to play with too if possible.. plus good quality 2nd hand aggressive skates seem to go cheaper here than low end 2nd hand recreational skates. Maybe the lighter weight of a new aggressive skate would be enough by itself I'm not sure..this recreational group aren't exactly speed demons and its not like I'm doing a marathon... I just get the sh!ts with my 5th elements beyond short distance. BTW I see theres skates like frontmans, but I don't want to cut corners on the aggressive side.

Also, anyone able to tell me what model USD skate this is, is it anygood?
joku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 08:06 PM   #2
joku

Well I've looked around and all I can find is this one:

Salomon - FSK 237 UFS Frame (80mm wheels)

but its AUS$249.00
Old December 13th, 2007, 08:16 PM   #3
ncsk8rgirl
Discovered SEDS on 1/1/08

http://skating.thierstein.net/Viper/...FSK_Frames.sav

check this out - look at the 1st frame listed -

Old December 19th, 2007, 12:15 PM   #4
joku

hey thanks thats the type of thing im lookin for but still pretty pricey, i was hopin there would be somethin cheap... will give up on the idea for now
Old April 6th, 2008, 01:00 PM   #5
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

Old November 13th, 2009, 06:13 AM   #6
afs824

Default more frames

I found a couple of frames (pre-assembled--price includes wheels and bearings) for $200-$250 Canadian (about $180-$235 American) on shop-task.

The first two frames in this link are UFS frames that fit on aggro skates but should ride like rec frames
afs824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:22 PM   #7
afs824

Default Found more frames!

This site has several ufs frames that fit larger wheels:
http://www.inerciaonline.com/patines...asis-freeskate
unfortunately, it is in Spanish. This could be a good resource to find a frame and then see if it's sold anywhere more local than spain
afs824 is offline   Reply With Quote