S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum > Inline Artistic
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inline Artistic Discussions about artistic skating on inline figure skates.

Old October 14th, 2006, 01:03 PM   #1
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Default PIC vs. SnowWhite Artistic Inline Frames

Hi List,

I really need some advices and suggestions.

Could someone tell me the difference between PIC and Snowwhite frames?

Anyway... Ive seen the snowwhite videos but the spins have no speed...indeed only camel and travelling camels could be performed... how about PIC? Havent seen the videos to compare them... but a woman skating outdoor and doing some toe spins and other acrobatic stuffs.. no axels, no toe loops...

Which one has a better figure perfomance and is closer to ice skating?
PIC has 4 wheels and Snowhite has 3... it means...PIC is heavier... any comment about it? Snowwhite is also cheaper.

One more thing..I wanna use them indoors and outdors...would it be ok?

Any input will be highly appreciated. Thanks indeed.
zerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 01:40 PM   #2
Spins

Default o-o-o-o OR o-o-o?

Zerio,

o-o-o-o or o-o-o?

This must be an inline skate post.

Gary
o-o

Old October 14th, 2006, 01:43 PM   #3
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spins View Post
Zerio,

o-o-o-o or o-o-o?

This must be an inline skate post.

Gary
o-o

Ok..but Id thought that since the topic is regarded inline frames this would be the proper forum....

Id be thankful if ther ADM could come up with some hint then.
Thanks.

BTW, your AVATAR is QUAD.
Old October 14th, 2006, 01:46 PM   #4
Spins

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerio View Post
Thanks... but so are those frames....
You might have a more easily found post by "inliners" and answer if you go to the inline forum area.

Kind regards,

Gary
o-o

Old October 14th, 2006, 03:49 PM   #5
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Actually, this Artistic Skating Forum covers all kinds of artistic roller skating including quad artistic and inline figure skating, so discussions about PIC frames are very appropriate. We do have a quad-only forum, but that one is typically used for discussions not specifically related to artistic, hockey, speed, rollerdancing, etc. And now that I think about it... none of our forums are restricted to inline-only discussions. Even the main forum includes many threads that will interest both quad and inline skaters.

- Kathie
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 04:02 PM   #6
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Thanks Kathie

I was getting confused and I could not find a way to delete it.

I truly need soem help regarding those frames( SNOW WHITE and PIC) because I could only find the comparison between the PIC and TRIAX.

I would like an alternative for ice skating and to be able to join nite inline street parties, inline artistic street and to support this practice ...

I have found a very high quality customer service in all the manufacturer but Id like to hear from the skaters who are indeed into them... as well as the boots they have mounted ...Id liek to hear about GRAF, WINNERS and BELATI...maybe I shouldpost another thread regarding boots only.

Again thanks a lot.. I was sorta feeling a strange in the nest...

Thanks and to you and everyone else

Greetings from Rio de Janeiro...

Been trying catch up the skating developments, the new products etc.. things have changed so very much... and I believe that the new generations mind is much more openned and with less prejudice as well as more informed about everything...well..after all..the internet is right in front of eyes,,isnt it?

Tchau.
Old October 14th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #7
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerio View Post
Hi List,

I really need some advices and suggestions.

Could someone tell me the difference between PIC and Snowwhite frames?

Anyway... Ive seen the snowwhite videos but the spins have no speed...indeed only camel and travelling camels could be performed... how about PIC? Havent seen the videos to compare them... but a woman skating outdoor and doing some toe spins and other acrobatic stuffs.. no axels, no toe loops...

Which one has a better figure perfomance and is closer to ice skating?
PIC has 4 wheels and Snowhite has 3... it means...PIC is heavier... any comment about it? Snowwhite is also cheaper.

One more thing..I wanna use them indoors and outdors...would it be ok?

Any input will be highly appreciated. Thanks indeed.
zerio,
Welcome to the forum. Are you a Artistic Skater? if so you are in the right place.

Pic vs Snow White,? If you, can try both!

Why do you ask which is more like ice? If you skate ice, you might prefer the Pic skate. I've seen many ice skaters on the Pic frame.

The 3 wheel frames are more popular with Quad skaters who switch over to inlines. Most of the skaters at worlds skated on 3 wheel inlines. The inline skaters I've seen spen a lot of time practicine on their quad skates. The Snow White frame is a popular 3 wheel frame.

Jayson Sutcliffe visits this forum often and is a 3 time World champion skating both inlines and quad skates. You might be able to find more information on his site. He had a few video clips of skaters on custom inline frames, which are similar to the Snow Whites.

http://www.jaysonsutcliffe.com/

Bill

*edit* wow I can't even eat breakfast with out getting behind on my post!
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #8
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Hi Bill

Thanks a lot..

I used to be a vigorous skater , had been coached in the us in 77...used not to compete though.. but that was in QUAD using the incredible Snydersplates and old riedel boots... rannali wheels..probably I am the grandpa here... in the early 80s I changed to ice..few years later ..I stopped skating seriously and now I wanna go back... I used to do some doubles, camels etc..travelling camels...and was able to do the triple salchow very few times..had always problems with lutz thoug... anyway...Id like to come back to skating , use it as an artistic skate, outdoor skates to join in street events and naturally to be in shape.. We have a great weather down in Rio and because inline is getting more popular... not to mention that inline agressive competitions and skateboardings are also very pop... but I want to bring synchro to the artistic inline too... but a synchro with men also... I dont think all the moviments are ok for a men...men and women must skate differently and explore those differences..after all , the differences are the most important issue...thats when we can learn most and exchange.

Unfortunetely, I dont live in a country where you have everything easioly accessible... you guys in US should be thankful for the facilities , no importing tax,numerous rinks etc etc... so all I can do is to trust on our camarades opinions and then to make my decision...

Another issue is the boots..but I am more inclinated to get a PRIUMA BELATI. The best value indeed.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by zerio; November 6th, 2007 at 02:56 PM.
Old October 14th, 2006, 04:52 PM   #9
Spins

Default o-o-o-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieFry View Post
Actually, this Artistic Skating Forum covers all kinds of artistic roller skating including quad artistic and inline figure skating, so discussions about PIC frames are very appropriate. We do have a quad-only forum, but that one is typically used for discussions not specifically related to artistic, hockey, speed, rollerdancing, etc. And now that I think about it... none of our forums are restricted to inline-only discussions. Even the main forum includes many threads that will interest both quad and inline skaters.

- Kathie
See, this is the interesting part of my thinking which is I've never thought of inline skating, nor do I now, in the artistic realm. True that I've see a post or two about inliners doing an axle but that seems outside of artistic skating as I've always known it to be.

Could it be inliners do the same competitive skating that those on quads are acustomed to doing? You mean like ice skating?

Gary
o-o

Old October 14th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #10
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Oh Yeah.. Definitely,...

And this has been my research because I know some Brazilians ,US, Australian, Chinese and Europeans have been jumping justlike in in quad... and ice...but what about the feeling? IE we doknow its possible but which is one most suitable Snow white which is also known as V1 in AU or PIC? ( Note am not considering Triax because of price and that the comments are unanimous about it..they have nothing to do with ice at all...

BUT..Ive seen snow white skate videos only and If I could find PIC..itwould be great... the videos I saw it was unbelievable to see they can jump more ewsily but they loose speed drastically!!! Sometimes they jump on the same place and forget that they are skating... and the spins... are a tremendous frustration....I could only see camels... dont even think about jump sit spins,or sit spins..maybe a toe spin... IE...I am hoping to see some good spins and to see the jumps and to be able to compare.. but no luck... no videos about PICs... you ought to buy the lesson videos ...I guess.

Still hope to find some good hints.. BTW, please let me know what boots youve been wearing... OK?

Again THANKS...
Old October 14th, 2006, 09:20 PM   #11
rwsz

Quote:
See, this is the interesting part of my thinking which is I've never thought of inline skating, nor do I now, in the artistic realm. True that I've see a post or two about inliners doing an axle but that seems outside of artistic skating as I've always known it to be.

Could it be inliners do the same competitive skating that those on quads are acustomed to doing? You mean like ice skating?

Gary
o-o

Gary u might find it interesting but in quads nationals we also have inline events, creative solo and also singles,,,,,,there is also a world class inline event that is also held at worlds. they do the same thing, even saw a heel spin on one wheel.

Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 06:15 AM   #12
Bill

E-sk8r.com has some great video's of the 2004 Worlds in Fresno

www.e-sk8r.com

Go to the bottom of the page and scroll all the way to the right for the Men inline skaters. You'll see Gustavo Casado from Brazil skating. He won Silver that year.

From what you discribe, Ice skater, wanting to skate outdoors, and on the street, the Pic frame sounds like it might be a match. If you were a Quad skater, and interested in comepetition, one of the 3 wheel skates might be a better choice.

I hope you enjoy the videos. I did!
Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 09:53 AM   #13
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

Ok.. here's a few clips for those who have not seen any inline figure skating.. just to show you that yes, we do what they do on quad and ice..

Tammy Bryant doing an awesome 7 rotations Heel camel change sit, change catch camel spin..

Some TRIPLE jumps

Double Axels by Tammy, Jayson & Kristen

TRIPLE FLIP - and at 35yrs of age I guess that aint too bad.. hahaha...

US Team member 2006 Patrick
rolaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 12:03 PM   #14
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolaboi View Post
Gary these are some very good video clips and will show you proper technique and what a spin and jump should look like on takeoff, in the air and on the landing. Jayson is a very established, quad and inline skater, an elite skater at that. 2 time world champion on quads and 3 times i think on inline.

Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #15
Spins

Default o-o

Hey Everyone,

This sounds overwhelming...

I'm going to get a look but for some reason I have to download to view anything.

Must be my modem connection.

Gary
o-o

P.S.--My PC doesn't recognise .WMV files but likes .MPEGs. Too bad for me.

Last edited by Spins; October 15th, 2006 at 01:43 PM.
Spins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #16
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolaboi View Post
Yup...very nice jumps, camels ...and finally sit spins

I am confused... I believe they are using V1 aka Snow White...they are not using PIC skates, are they??? Please let us know...

Still looking forward to hearing reviews comparing both frames...and pls .... let me know the boots youve been using... Ok.

Thank yall
Old October 15th, 2006, 05:45 PM   #17
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
E-sk8r.com has some great video's of the 2004 Worlds in Fresno

www.e-sk8r.com

Go to the bottom of the page and scroll all the way to the right for the Men inline skaters. You'll see Gustavo Casado from Brazil skating. He won Silver that year.

From what you discribe, Ice skater, wanting to skate outdoors, and on the street, the Pic frame sounds like it might be a match. If you were a Quad skater, and interested in comepetition, one of the 3 wheel skates might be a better choice.

I hope you enjoy the videos. I did!
Bill
Thanks Bill. Actually Ive already checked that out but again.. all those posting are in regard to V1 aka Snowwhite... none of them shows PIC skates , on the top.. PIC skates for my size are only available with FOUR wheels...I dont know any other inline figure skates with 3 wheels but Triax but Triax doesnt seem to have the rocked wheels...

Thanks indeed.
Old October 15th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #18
Spins

Bill,

"No combination of files could be found to render the stream" error which probably has more to do with my old operating system.

Gary
o-o

Old October 15th, 2006, 09:47 PM   #19
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Quote:
Bill,

"No combination of files could be found to render the stream" error which probably has more to do with my old operating system.
Hi Gary

Yup, malheuresement, you have a problem with the OS because there should be no problem to watch them..you might want to check it out in another PC then... you cannot miss the files.

Tchau

June2007, PANAM Games in Rio, Quad Sk8rs willl compete.
Old October 15th, 2006, 10:34 PM   #20
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

Ummm, just to clarify.. V1 is NOT aka Snow White.. they have nothing to do with each other... V1 is an Australian brand and Snow white is made in Taiwan... they are completely different... V1 is a 3wheel 'rockered' frame with adjustable toe stop.. just to add some info there... details on the V1 are Here

thanks for all the comments regarding the jumps etc... for me, inline was extremely difficult to jump and spin.. while yes, I did do every jump on inline I did do on roller (including triple loop), it took 20x as much effort... and the risk factor - lets not even go there!!! As for Tammy spinning, boy - just amazing and absolutely the BEST in the entire world.. no one can spin like her on INLINE.... Its a shame she has retired...
rolaboi is offline   Reply With Quote