S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old August 3rd, 2008, 03:36 AM   #241
Ancient1

Hi John the former Lurker and now active member,

Glad you joined. Nice to see another Floridian here. Out of what city do you skate? It's nice to see young people getting into skating. There are a few other teens here as well. Do you have a coach? Best of luck to you.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 03:55 AM   #242
JwcSk8r

i skate out of kissimmee fl
my coaches are vickie bateman and curtis schultheis
I just got back from nationals
JwcSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2008, 04:15 AM   #243
Ancient1

John,
We are almost next door neighbors. I skate out of Ocala (Skate Mania). Who knows, one day we might meet.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 04:25 AM   #244
JwcSk8r

Do you still skate meets and stuff like that
Old August 3rd, 2008, 04:30 AM   #245
Ancient1

John,
My last meet was in 1979. I stopped skating that year and only started back about 6 months ago. I use to love competition, but I didn't have much time (family and work). Darn, life is tough when you have responsibilities...
For now I have no desire to compete. I am considering coaching, but that is a bit down the road. For now I'm losing all this fat I have gained over the years and I am getting my skills back. It's a bit funny to see this old fat man trying to do freestyle, bit I will work at it till I get my doubles back. I also want to get my dances back as good as they were when I was younger. I believe that will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JwcSk8r View Post
Do you still skate meets and stuff like that
Old August 3rd, 2008, 04:35 AM   #246
JwcSk8r

well thats very good. Good luck to you
I am Skating more than ever right now cause this year i made the junior world team
Old August 3rd, 2008, 04:46 AM   #247
Ancient1

John,
Congrats! That is a great accomplishment for anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JwcSk8r View Post
well thats very good. Good luck to you
I am Skating more than ever right now cause this year i made the junior world team
Old August 3rd, 2008, 05:05 AM   #248
JwcSk8r

Thank you now its just alot of hardwork and fundraising to get there 3100 dollars : )
Old August 3rd, 2008, 05:24 AM   #249
Ancient1

John,
Darn! that's a big chunk of change. I had no idea. But then again, I have been out of touch for a long time.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 05:25 PM   #250
rwsz

welcome to the forum jwc,,,,good luck at worlds also. feel free to post and add comments and ask questions. the folks here will try to help you to the best of their abilitys.
Old August 5th, 2008, 03:14 PM   #251
Rerunsk8s

Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
Jess i know what you mean, Heath, what a skater and what a squeaky voice lol. what a nice skate it would be to get the sunday nite crew together again, too many spread all over the country though lol. John Lorette is in New York, Tara is in san diego area, lisa friday is in texas, Tim Pattern is in north carolina or one of those states lol. but of course we liked all the young single skaters, you , Sarah, Derick, Nikki, Audrey, John, Keven, Jenn, Robin, Josh, Tyler, Joey when he did singles, the wilson girls, wow, and so many more i cant think of right now, getting old you know lol. I am so happy that you are doing well, never know i might need your services one day lol.

I haven't heard some of these names in a long time. I used to go to OTC. Ray helped me learn a great inverted and worked with me on my triples. I used to talk to John on AIM every once in awhile, but that's fizzled out. I wonder if Tyler had to go to Iraq. He joined the military right?
Rerunsk8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 03:36 PM   #252
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerunsk8s View Post
I haven't heard some of these names in a long time. I used to go to OTC. Ray helped me learn a great inverted and worked with me on my triples. I used to talk to John on AIM every once in awhile, but that's fizzled out. I wonder if Tyler had to go to Iraq. He joined the military right?

Reanon let me update you where i can. Ray is retired but still kicking. good coach for sure, he had good invert skaters with jessica, nicole thomas and jess's sister sarah. John is still in nyc and doing well, talk to him on either facebook or myspace. yes Tyler joined the Marine corps, he is out now and living in springfield missouri with his dad. i think he is working with him in real estate and going to school. he went to Iraq and did 2 tours there. he was fairly lucky in a way because he repaired electronic boxes on the harrier airplane so spent much of his time on navy ships with them. he did go in country also a couple of times as far as i know. i dont know the details as i havent seen him in over 3 years. i might add also he came out healthy and in good shape and one piece. hoped that helped.
Old August 6th, 2008, 02:46 PM   #253
Rerunsk8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
Reanon let me update you where i can. Ray is retired but still kicking. good coach for sure, he had good invert skaters with jessica, nicole thomas and jess's sister sarah. John is still in nyc and doing well, talk to him on either facebook or myspace. yes Tyler joined the Marine corps, he is out now and living in springfield missouri with his dad. i think he is working with him in real estate and going to school. he went to Iraq and did 2 tours there. he was fairly lucky in a way because he repaired electronic boxes on the harrier airplane so spent much of his time on navy ships with them. he did go in country also a couple of times as far as i know. i dont know the details as i havent seen him in over 3 years. i might add also he came out healthy and in good shape and one piece. hoped that helped.

Wow, thanks for the news! I'm so glad that Tyler is ok after all of that. I will try to get back in touch with John. Thanks so much.
Old August 6th, 2008, 03:45 PM   #254
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerunsk8s View Post
Wow, thanks for the news! I'm so glad that Tyler is ok after all of that. I will try to get back in touch with John. Thanks so much.

yes you can find John on facebook and myspace also.
Old August 6th, 2008, 09:13 PM   #255
cate

Hi all!

Some of you already know me from the chat room. For those who don't, my name is Cate. I grew up in NY (Ulster County; Catskill mountain region) and NJ (Bergen County), I moved to the DFW area in Texas 10 years ago. I come from a family of skaters - though they never competed on more than a local level. My mom's father spent his younger childhood years in Amsterdam skating on the rivers and continued skating here in the states, he proficiently skated both ice and roller. My dad's parents skated in a rink on Henry Street in Passaic NJ back in the 30's and 40's (Gram doesn't remember the name! Anyone have any ideas?).

Both my parents were avid skaters so we spent a lot of time skating when I was a kid.. During the summer we roller skated and in winter we were on the ice. I've never competed at any level and really have no desire to compete at all, though I truly admire those of you that do! I quit skating about 20 years ago when I started driving.

My husband and I started back to skating a little more than a year ago. The reason: our God-daughter wanted to go ice skating. We convinced her roller skating was a better place to start (over the years I've developed an aversion to the cold!). We now skate at least 5 days a week, and we coach at a local rink one day a week. I started taking art lessons about 4/5 months ago and thanks to my coach and the many suggestions/recommendations on this forum I just recently ordered new skates (Riedell 336 Tributes, Snyder Advantage, Bones Artistic).

As for other hobbies, skating doesn't leave time for much of anything else these days, but I'm a computer geek by day and thoroughly enjoy programming and software development (as long as its back-end stuff). Some of the other things I enjoy are, music, languages, learning (if someone's willing to teach, I'm willing to learn; no matter the topic.), drawing, woodworking, playing guitar, billiards, cooking, genealogy, building model (muscle) cars, writing, and more..

... Are you happy now Rick?

Sempre avanti,
-cate
cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 12:38 AM   #256
rwsz

welcome to the boards Cate, now that wasnt so bad was it. well done too i might add. enjoy on your own name now lol. ,,,,,,,,she can also translate the italian for us.

Ciao
Old August 7th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #257
Rerunsk8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cate View Post
Hi all!

I moved to the DFW area in Texas 10 years ago.
My husband and I started back to skating a little more than a year ago. We now skate at least 5 days a week, and we coach at a local rink one day a week. I started taking art lessons about 4/5 months ago and thanks to my coach and the many suggestions/recommendations on this forum I just recently ordered new skates (Riedell 336 Tributes, Snyder Advantage, Bones Artistic).

-cate

Hey, you are in my neck of the woods! Where are you skating? Who is your coach? I'm Reanon. I coach at Thunderbird in Plano. Nice to see you joined the forum and good luck with your skating.
Old August 7th, 2008, 05:28 PM   #258
cate

Hi There Reanon! Closer than you think, I work in Plano. Thanks for the well wishes.. We skate at Arlington and Holiday Skatiums, Gary Hilliard is my coach.
cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 07:33 PM   #259
Rerunsk8s

Wow, that is close. I know the owner of Arlington Skatium. Very cool hero story about him. Anyway, I hope to see you around.
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:35 PM   #260
thomas.schneider

Default Introduction

Hey guys,

I am an artistic skater representing Brookpark Skateland of Ohio, coached primarily by Judy Smith (nee Hild, Drake). I have been competing for about 12 years primarily in team and solo dance, figures, and precision team. Recently I placed 4th in junior team, solo and figures, and 2nd in senior precision team at the 2008 nationals. Sadly, this is my last competitive season for awhile, as I am moving to Taiwan in a couple of weeks. I will certainly keep an eye out for the skating scene, though, when I check out the rink in Taipei that Kathie Fry mentions (link) and make my rounds at worlds in Kaohsiung, and keep you guys posted about the developments of the sport in Taiwan.

Sincerely,
Thomas Schneider
thomas.schneider is offline   Reply With Quote