S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Quad Speed
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Speed Discussions about speed skating in quad roller skates.

Old May 26th, 2008, 02:21 PM   #21
quadbob

Cool missed ya

hey splitwoods we've missed you. haven't heard much from ya in a while! are you still going to nationals to watch!

bob.
quadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 09:26 PM   #22
splitwoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbob View Post
hey splitwoods we've missed you. haven't heard much from ya in a while! are you still going to nationals to watch!

bob.

HiyaBob!

Hope you and my other friends here have been training hard for Nationals!

Been fairly busy workwise for the past few months.....

Yes, I am going to try and make it this year to watch, if I can get some coverage on some of our construction projects....a few of them will be in full swing when Nationals is in progress...it will have to be a last minute kinda thing but I am planning on trying to attend....

Splitwoods
splitwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 09:39 PM   #23
quadbob

Cool cool

good luck with work. nowawdays you better get while you can! but i hope you can make it. look forward to meeting you and all the real skaters from the good days,lol

bob.
Old May 27th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #24
Spartan
.45 Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbob View Post
thanks hows he doing. i hope good. the rink is probably the same as always. is there a speed team at terry hall anymore ? so he new who i was after you said i used to skate speed there, thats funny! thanks again for saying hi for me. next time mention dan storto! he was my 2 man. he passed away a few years ago. that was the last time i saw doug. at dans funeral. him and i used to run a 2 man against the inliners and kick there butts. lol. man getting old sucks!
He's doing real good, the meds are really helping. Just kidding. I don't know what happened, but he is happy all the time now. It weirds me out a little. The only reason I wasn't permanently kicked out of Tarry Hall is because both of my parents worked there So I got used to him glaring at me all the time. Now he's, like...friendly.

The floor, unfortunatly, isn't fairing as well as Doug is. They poured concrete over the wood a few years ago, and it has high and low spots. Someone did a poor job. And that concrete picks up sooo much dust. I used to skate Orange Labeda Turbo's on that floor, now I need blue cannibals. Such a shame. No, there is no speed team anymore, but Doug just took over operations again, so maybe in the future? I don't know if anyone will want to do speed practice on that floor, though. Such a shame.
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 08:32 PM   #25
quadbob

Thumbs down that sucks

that really sucks that was a small floor but it was always in really good shape. it must have gotten wet or something! it's to bad!
Old May 27th, 2008, 08:52 PM   #26
Spartan
.45 Magnum

Yeah, about 15 years ago the roof partially collapsed and soaked the floor, warping it in several areas. They tried all kinds of things to get it to pay flat again and were never successful. I guess they hoped concrete would fill the rolls, but it is even worse now.
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2008, 02:26 PM   #27
Jukando

Way back (79) in the day there was a good speed team out of Indiana, the rink was called “Fox”, and they had a very small floor. I was at a speed meet and that night we visited their rink, and if I remember correctly you had to walk up stairs in an old building to get there. Well anyways they had some good skaters, especially a cute girl named Lisa, I do believe I had a crush, you know preteen hormones, sorry for digressing.

I believe if one has the desire to get good at anything and they put forth the effort they will succeed however if you compete you may have to visit large rinks from time to time to get your strategy, and form accustomed to the difference, just my two cents…
Jukando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #28
quadlover
80's Speed

Default Floor size

I have skated on all sized fllors with quads and really did not have any issues adjusting to different sizes. I practiced on a relitively small floor and I do agree that you have an advantage cornering if you are used to a smaller floor. I never really noticed any difference skating meets on a larger floor. A few more cross overs in the corners maybe. If anything I feel you are probably at an advantage if you practice on the smaller floor with the better cornering skills youve learned. The majority of the in race action happens at or close to turns anyways. So any advantage there helps.
quadlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #29
quadlover
80's Speed

Default Nationals

When are nationals to be held? They are in Fort Wayne, IN this year aren't they? I wouldnt mind checking out the final day when the quad events are held. Fort Wayne isnt too far of a drive for me.
quadlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #30
quadbob

Cool nats

nationals is july 17 through the 23rd. quads will be done on the last day. unless something is goofy. but i haven't heard anything. inlines will be sunday the 17th through friday the 22nd and and quads should be on saturday the 23rd.

bob.
Old January 27th, 2011, 12:21 AM   #31
Stormi
Join the Quad Squad!

This my small local rink. They do beginner speed training here, and I know the quad skaters do practice here, too. The video is just a session speed skate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sjonJ5RvZ8&sns=em
Oh, just realised this is a resurrected thread. Never mind.
Stormi is offline   Reply With Quote