S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About This Forum Forum announcements plus how to do things like editing your user profile and dealing with images.

Old September 7th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #61
Bastinlight

Default Question

I have spent a ton of time searching the f/s threads because I love finding different stuff. This has become my hobby along with skating. Please don't take away the option for those of us that are into collecting the perfect item.

I do have boots and boots and plates f/s but i'm wondering why we should not be able to repost something or bump as how many people actually look at the entire amount of pages available for us to buy/sell? I look at new posts everyday, what does it matter if we see the same item more than once?

I'm not in it for the money but it sure is nice to get money back, so one can find more swag. if I find something I think can use than can't, it's awsome to find someone else that may be able to use it. I love this option on SLF. If there are as many people on this forum as the numbers read than people could have missed the item the first post and missed a deal on something they can use. Why should we not be able to Repost after an amount of time?
Bastinlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #62
!BEN_HER
VENTURA REXXXING SOCIETAS

Exclamation Disable

(keep it simple)
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #63
Big Nick
Straight 'outta Coburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by swolltitan View Post
Nick I wasn't trying to call you out. Kathie saw your post and repeated it stating this seems to be how the majority of the people feels. I was just trying to state that you had been thr only person to point that issue out, and not the majority of everyone. I hope you don't think I am making a personal attack with my response, I just wanted to clarify.
All good mate, and you make a fair point.

Randy, if you think I don't know what hard times are, you really don't know anything about me.
I understand that times are tough, but that isn't my fault! I've bought stuff from you most of it I didn't want, just to help you out because I know what it's like.

Kathie, is it possible to make the sales forums a separate sub forum that you have to log into?
That way you could log in once or twice and have a quick look to see if there is anything new, but posts wouldn't appear in the regular skatelog forum?
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #64
the california kid

Default Nick my post was not just for your eyes but to explain

to others that needed to understand what reality is......A few just cannot see that nothing is as safe as you hope....you can loose your job.....get sick.....and fall on hard times over night.....

For myself Nick my friend you have helped more than once here......every time I have asked you to donate to others you did.....over and over.....and you have bought many things I am sure you never needed.....from I as others......just to put coin in their pockets......I just wanted those that see it another way to see it through the eyes of us that have hard times.
the california kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 12:27 AM   #65
CanadianCowbell

To be honest, the buy and sell were a main reason I actually signed up on here as opposed to just lurking. I might not be a big poster yet but I can assure you that I would not be a member right now if it wasn't for the buy and sell section. I can't believe I am the only one like this.

As far as options...

-Is it possible to make a new member level or member group and then open the buy and sell forum for only that member level? Add a new mod or two who can change the member level (message *mod* if you want access to the buy and sell kind of thing). This has worked well on another forum I visit where we have a debate section that not everyone wants to participate in (or even see the thread titles).

-Another option is to change the rules so that the people who sell lots of stuff at once have one thread that they can edit to add and remove what they are selling. They can change the date in the title so people know the thread has changed and limit how often the title can be changed. So once a week (or every two weeks) a seller can update the title to show that new stuff has been added but allow them to remove sold items as they are sold.

-Make the buy and sell section one where members can't reply to threads. No bumps or anything like that either. If people want to buy the item then they can do it through PMs. Buyer can request from the seller that the thread is not deleted until the entire transaction is completed if they so wish but no more seller replies of "sold" ect.

-As it stands now the buy and sell is buyer beware. We all know this but still problems still seem to come up. So staff should take the line that if a complaint regarding anything with the buy and sell comes to them then it should just be deleted (or have a stock reply of "buy and sell is a buyer beware and staff do not get involved with any problems that may arise"). If complaints are moved to public threads then it is an automatic 30 day ban and if problems continue after the fact then it is a permanent ban from the forum. Make it clear to everyone from the start and follow it to the letter.

People need to remember that none of us are owed membership on this site (or any site in fact). The staff/owners are doing us a favor by having this place up and running and if we as the members have a problem with how this is handed then we are more than welcome to take our membership elsewhere.
Old September 10th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #66
swolltitan
Getting Back Into It

Well there are many lurkers (I've gotten more emails than pms for items) who view the for sale thread. Now that it cant be viewed by non members... well, lets just say I'm happy we are keeping it.
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #67
phatnsassy
Living on my EDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubask8tr View Post
Keep the for sale section, boot the members that dont follow the rules and included stickys. Simple.
This thread isnt helping anyone who wants to keep it.
Hi Kathie. You on holidays or something? Havent heard this much from you ever!!
+1
I like the for sale -- I know it has pros and cons. But if folks can just follow the rules or get booted...seems simple.
phatnsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #68
phatnsassy
Living on my EDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathie Fry View Post
Isn't NetRacing an online skate shop? Can people really sell their own stuff on that Web site?

- Kathie
I've both bought and sold on NetRacing. No problems.

Same for SLF!
phatnsassy is offline   Reply With Quote