S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice)
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice) This forum is different then the other SkateLog forums in that it is not a discussion forum, but rather a place you can ask skate building expert Fred "DocSk8" Benjamin about building and repairing indoor speed, derby, and jamskate quad roller skates. Please start a new thread for each new question.

Old August 14th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #1
kzsteve
Not your average Asian.

Default Reverse kingpin for Century plate?

Doc,

Is there a drop in reverse kingpin for a stock SG Century plate?
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #2
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzsteve View Post
Doc,

Is there a drop in reverse kingpin for a stock SG Century plate?
Harry's stud... Same thing used in the DA45s.. Actually it fits in all the aluminum SG plates and there is absolutely no reason not to switch..
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:32 PM   #3
kzsteve
Not your average Asian.

Default Roger that.

Would I obtain those from ... Sure Grip ... ?

Also are there replacement delrin pivot cups to replace the rubber ones? And where does one get those if available?
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #4
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzsteve View Post
Would I obtain those from ... Sure Grip ... ?

Well they make them... The are named after Harry Ball who made the originals and then could not figure out how to market them.. A man way head of his time...

Also are there replacement delrin pivot cups to replace the rubber ones? And where does one get those if available?
No.. The Delrin cups are meant for ball pivots.. The Century pivot is rubber bushed and the trucks will not fit in the Delrin cups...

Old September 6th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #5
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
Harry's stud... Same thing used in the DA45s.. Actually it fits in all the aluminum SG plates and there is absolutely no reason not to switch..
Doc, what would I gain by installing a reverse king pin in a SG Classic? I'm clueless.
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #6
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84luv View Post
Doc, what would I gain by installing a reverse king pin in a SG Classic? I'm clueless.
Simpler to adjust the action and much less risk of damaging the hanger by not re-tightening the lock nut after making an adjustment..
Old September 14th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #7
Rinkrat63
Level IV SEDS

Doc and I changed my kingpins on my Snyder Super Deluxes and I love them. When we added the king pins I also had him put the purple urethane cushions on my skates. After some initial and very simple adjustments my skates feel great. Too bad I will be taking them off for a possible repair in the near future due to a cracked hanger and a damaged pivot cup on another hanger.

We also put them on my Chicago Gold Medalist plates that are going back onto my 297's so that the Snyders don't fall apart from under me.

-Jim

Quote:
Simpler to adjust the action and much less risk of damaging the hanger by not re-tightening the lock nut after making an adjustment..
Rinkrat63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 02:06 AM   #8
jcmil2

Cool Nice!

Quote:
Heck, yeah! One-tool adjustment, no more worrying about the locknut! I do presume, not having done much mechanic-ing in a while, that the original locknut holds the new pin in place?
jcmil2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 02:25 PM   #9
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Thumbs up Correct

The original king pin lock nut will hold the stud in place..... unless it has issues of it's own. I would suggest getting new lock nuts too, it's not like 4 of them will break the bank.