S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Quad Speed
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Speed Discussions about speed skating in quad roller skates.

Old February 21st, 2008, 01:41 PM   #1
oldnslow
Listen to DaMan

Default Roll-Line Micro bearings

Anybody try the Roll-line micro bearings yet?
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:49 PM   #2
quadbob

Default bearings

hey tracy i have some bont mini's and there ok. they work good. not sure about roll lines but there plate quality is real good. so i can imagine there bearings would be also. my problem with mini's is the hubs. harder to get wheels. and you have to use the inserts on wheels with normal hubs. to much to mess with for me. i think my bsb and bones swiss are just as good and really not any heavier!
bob.
quadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 05:08 PM   #3
raggedjim
I hate my avatar...

Doc has some.

Rg
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #4
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

They sure seem small--what is their advantage???
Old February 26th, 2008, 09:56 PM   #5
Daddy-O
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
They sure seem small--what is their advantage???

More profits for the skate companies cause you end up having to buy all new bearings if you end up with a set of micro wheels.

Actually, I thought lighter weight was supposed to be one of the advantages. Something like 5-10 grams per wheel is what I read.
Daddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 10:36 PM   #6
quadbob

Default lighter

lighter maybe, but buy the time you add the sizing spacers so you can run any of the good wheels you've lost the weight advantage, ie about same and more crap to mess with. i had some synergy 9 ball ceramic bearings and they were awesome. until you had to change wheels and it took you all day because you had parts and crap everywhere! kinda like the old german 2 piece bearings. good stuff in it's day. but a pian to work with buy todays standards. the micro bearings have been around long enough now that if they were really better everyone would be using them. most folks are skating 100's or 110's. because there better. i think the bearings speak for them selfs. there good but there not any better!
quadbob.
quadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 07:22 AM   #7
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

That is the way I see them--I don't sell em at all.--- If anything, I'd like to see bigger Bearings,( but lighter) not smaller.
Old April 21st, 2008, 12:46 AM   #8
Armadillo

Default Bearings less than 22mm

My everyday skates for outdoor on the Chicago lakefriont path use PACER Velocity Race 65mm x 35mm wheels. These wheels are very fast. Only the more serious inline skaters go by me. These came with the odd "mini" size bearings installed: 19mm x 8mm, but the nylon hubs are also 19mm - so the 698 bearings match the hub. Too bad my axles are 7mm, because the 7x8mm sleeves are terrible. On top of that the axle bearing spacers I got are too short. Combine all this and what I have is loose and sloppy wheels!

Despite this, they have worked out well for long distance and speed outdoors. These wheels are also very light weight, with just about the thinnest layer of urethane I have seen on a wheel. Well today I finally ordered the proper size 607 bearings 19mm x 7mm (after DOC offered a much appreciated heads up on what I needed). I also have new 7mm axle spacers arriving, which I can only hope are longer this time.

It was not easy to find the 607 bearings - no online skate merchant seemed to carry them. I ended up going to the E-bay bearing store to find them. I was also looking at the "micro" size (16mm) bearings from Ninja, but there spacer scheme was geared for 22mm hubs. Maybe they do a different kit for inlines that use 19mm bearings too? Quadbob -- are the Sinergy 9-ball ceramics still made and available? Were they only in 22mm size?

I will make a post after it all comes together and report on the results.
-Armadillo

Last edited by Armadillo; April 24th, 2008 at 11:41 PM.
Armadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:27 PM   #9
Gle8
I'm Contrary. Moo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
My everyday skates for outddor on the Chicago lakefriont path use PACER Velocity Race 65mm x 35mm wheels. These wheels are very fast. Only the more serious inline skaters go by me. These came with the odd "mini" size bearings installed: 19mm x 8mm, but the nylon hubs are also 19mm - so the 698 bearings match the hub. Too bad my axles are 7mm, because the 7x8mm sleeves are terrible. On top of that the axle bearing spacers I got are too short. Combine all this and what I have is loose and sloppy wheels!

Despite this, they have worked out well for long distance and speed outdoors. These wheels are also very light weight, with just about the thinnest layer of urethane I have seen on a wheel. Well today I finally ordered the proper size 607 bearings 19mm x 7mm (after DOC offered a much appreciated heads up on what I needed). I also have new 7mm axle spacers arriving, which I can only hope are longer this time.

It was not easy to find the 607 bearings - no online skate merchant seemed to carry them. I ended up going to the E-bay bearing store to find them. I was also looking at the "micro" size (16mm) bearings from Ninja, but there spacer scheme was geared for 22mm hubs. Maybe they do a different kit for inlines that use 19mm bearings too? Quadbob -- are the Sinergy 9-ball ceramics still made and available? Were they only in 22mm size?

I will make a post after it all comes together and report on the results.
-Armadillo
I got my Velocity 70mm from doc, and he had already swapped in the appropriate bearings for 7mm axles. They work like a champ!
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:48 PM   #10
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default He didn't ask....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gle8 View Post
I got my Velocity 70mm from doc, and he had already swapped in the appropriate bearings for 7mm axles. They work like a champ!
Good job on finding 607s.... I have a zillion....
Old April 23rd, 2008, 01:03 AM   #11
Armadillo

Default A Zillion 607's - what uses them that U need so many?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
Good job on finding 607s.... I have a zillion....
How did you end up with a zillion 607's? What were/are you using them with?
Are any of them ceramic, or all normal steel?
They don't really match up with many of the currently available Quad wheels - do they?
It's only because I like the PACER Velocity wheels so much that I'm dealing with this weird mini bearing size. If I could find some other wheels that used 607's, I would buy them to experiment a little. The Velocity wheels are kind of a unique design, and I need to try out some other styles. But I would rather not invest in wheel sets that use different sized bearings.

-Armadillo
Old April 23rd, 2008, 07:36 PM   #12
Tremor
I tastes like chicken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbob View Post
kinda like the old german 2 piece bearings. good stuff in it's day. but a pian to work with buy todays standards.
BeTcH! Leave my German 2 piece bearings alone!
Old April 26th, 2008, 04:00 AM   #13
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default 607s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
How did you end up with a zillion 607's?

Bought 'em surplus....

What were/are you using them with?

Putting them in Velocity Race wheels..... what else.... I sold a boat load of 'em...

Are any of them ceramic, or all normal steel?

Steel NMBs

They don't really match up with many of the currently available Quad wheels - do they?

Nope, just the Velocity wheels...unless you find some of the very early Crossfires....

It's only because I like the PACER Velocity wheels so much that I'm dealing with this weird mini bearing size. If I could find some other wheels that used 607's, I would buy them to experiment a little. The Velocity wheels are kind of a unique design, and I need to try out some other styles. But I would rather not invest in wheel sets that use different sized bearings.

The later Crossfires take 608 /627s...NO none of mine are for sale....
Different bearings....That's what it is all about... How do ya know what works until you try?? So for non conventional bearings....I have Bont Samurai bearings, 6900s (the Sin System design) ceramic 688s for my R-Tecs and SN8KS. 607s for my Velocity wheels....20 and 18 ball 2 row self aligning bearings and probably on or 2 other types I'm not remembering right now.... Some of these take adapters.

I'm gonna have to weight the Roll Line micro bearings.... I know they are substantially lighter than a regular 627...

Yeah I got some of Bosco's 2 piece bearings too...