S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old January 5th, 2007, 06:26 PM   #21
eduardoritos

Finally, I've skated an hour. I'm totally out of shape after a month of non skating an after christmas meals.

My skates:

Speed skates corner in my dealer's store:

A little video of my, suffering on skates:
El video aqu

The review: I'm not the best skater in the world (as you can see in the video), and I haven't try more than 3 type of skate boot.
In my opinion, this boots are very supportives, stiff in the ankles areas, but, surprisly, vert confortable. The fit is very good. The detail of making, some italian design details (luigino's signature at the end of the laces...).

The movable nuts are few strange for me, and I haven't good setup the rigth frame yet, so my right foot have a little extra pressure.
In the crossover, very good support (I'm skated slowly, but at more speed I think so).

And with this price, the best option for a non pro skater IMO.
eduardoritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:30 PM   #22
mvirtue
Rain Coordinator

I'm glad that you found something that works for you! Nice banked track that you are skating on!
mvirtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:20 AM   #23
ncspeed
trouble maker :)

YA that is a nice track, just get a lil lower bend them knees, and dont turn that right shoulder in when crossing lol
ncspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #24
mikeyb

For a guy who's been off for a while you look pretty smooth to me. Nice track. Wish I had a speed shop near me. Have lots of fun with the new skates.
mikeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #25
eduardoritos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
For a guy who's been off for a while you look pretty smooth to me. Nice track. Wish I had a speed shop near me. Have lots of fun with the new skates.
We have 2 speed shop in my city. Pamplona is pretty small (not more than 250.000 people), but is the city whit more speed skater/m2 in spain, and maybe in europe (we have 6 clubs, and the greater part of spanish selection).

This year in Anyang, two juniors from Pamplona have win medals:
Mikel Goi and Joseba and Joseba Fernandez.
Gari Lerga, from Pamplona too, have win gold medal in europeans, in 10.000 m/relay, in Italy.

20 years ago, all the skaters of spanish national selection were from Pamplona (this is one of the reason for quit skating, I wasn't good enough to compete against this people).
Old January 8th, 2007, 06:19 AM   #26
eduardoritos

Whit the boots:
I've tested the boots without socks, and are very confortables, no one blister in my feet.
Old January 8th, 2007, 03:15 PM   #27
policedutchdog

One of the person's I skate with has been on this boot for a month now and the boot doesn't have the support for large wheel set-ups. He has the Tru-Rev 110 switchblade and the boot flops all over the place. There is little if any carbon fiber in the boot and the ankle area is very soft with a definite lack of support. Nice looking boot but needs improvement.

Scott
policedutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 06:22 AM   #28
eduardoritos

Quote:
Originally Posted by policedutchdog View Post
One of the person's I skate with has been on this boot for a month now and the boot doesn't have the support for large wheel set-ups. He has the Tru-Rev 110 switchblade and the boot flops all over the place. There is little if any carbon fiber in the boot and the ankle area is very soft with a definite lack of support. Nice looking boot but needs improvement.

Scott
Maybe it's my wich have to try more boots. I'm gonna speak with my bank

Last edited by eduardoritos; January 10th, 2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old January 10th, 2007, 12:31 AM   #29
Jsnuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncspeed View Post
Hey mark man you need to come over here to the Roanoke meet, this thing is going to be awsome and rumered to be bigger then nationals it self.
I was looking for a review for the Luigino Victory boot as im looking to get a pair and ran across this, great pics and review so far(minus the english, which wasn't too bad ) only been skating about a year, and have yet to compete, although my coach and one of my teammates will be at the Roanoke meet skating with my coaches old team (Wolverines). The story behind it is the "Philly Challenge" was canceled because the rink was apparently sold off or something, so they moved it to star city in roanoke. I've skated a few times there and its a good worn in floor with curved planking so the speed you get on it is great, looking forward to the meet and reading the rest of the review when its put up, thanks again

***The meet is Feb 16-19th by the way
Jsnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 07:48 AM   #30
eduardoritos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsnuggles View Post
I was looking for a review for the Luigino Victory boot as im looking to get a pair and ran across this, great pics and review so far(minus the english, which wasn't too bad ) only been skating about a year, and have yet to compete, although my coach and one of my teammates will be at the Roanoke meet skating with my coaches old team (Wolverines). The story behind it is the "Philly Challenge" was canceled because the rink was apparently sold off or something, so they moved it to star city in roanoke. I've skated a few times there and its a good worn in floor with curved planking so the speed you get on it is great, looking forward to the meet and reading the rest of the review when its put up, thanks again

***The meet is Feb 16-19th by the way
Thank you. I've teached my self. I'm guitar player, and in Spain there are no many good music books in spanish, and all music software and hardware manuals and istructions were in english (because that, I can't understand english but reading, I can speak and "write" only; an english friend, when she meet me, thought that I was joking).
Old January 15th, 2007, 05:39 PM   #31
eduardoritos

Stings after been molded. Look at the left side of the left ankle. Very good molding.