S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Old August 18th, 2014, 06:26 PM   #1
pauly1971

Default My Inline Skate Log

After going to an indoor skate session yesterday and leaving after an hour because I was bored going round in circles, avoiding wrong way skaters and sweating my nuts off, today I decided to skate outside in the park. The park is a five minute drive for me and doesn't cost 8 to get in so a hell of a lot cheaper. I still sweated my nuts off but that was more to do with wearing a helmet, fully padded up and with small rucksack to hold sandals, water, energy drink. The park is better than indoors because there are a few gradients, cambers, different surfaces, run offs onto grass, dogs, etc.

Anyhow I covered 4.3 kilometres with a top speed of 21.2 kph, not quick and not that far but I have decided outdoor skating cannot be beaten, the only time I will skate indoors again will be when I take my four year old boy, or if it's raining and I am desperate. Oh equipment was a pair of K2 V02 Boas with 90mm 83a wheels. I am fairly new to skating and today my targeted practise was a) when striding bring feet into centerline b) lookin ahead rather than at feet c) heel braking and d) balancing on one foot. I did try some t stops but they nearly had me over.

Anyway, happy skating everyone :-)
pauly1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #2
theDonnybrook
Just trying to keep up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1971 View Post
After going to an indoor skate session yesterday and leaving after an hour because I was bored going round in circles, avoiding wrong way skaters and sweating my nuts off, today I decided to skate outside in the park. The park is a five minute drive for me and doesn't cost 8 to get in so a hell of a lot cheaper. I still sweated my nuts off but that was more to do with wearing a helmet, fully padded up and with small rucksack to hold sandals, water, energy drink. The park is better than indoors because there are a few gradients, cambers, different surfaces, run offs onto grass, dogs, etc.

Anyhow I covered 4.3 kilometres with a top speed of 21.2 kph, not quick and not that far but I have decided outdoor skating cannot be beaten, the only time I will skate indoors again will be when I take my four year old boy, or if it's raining and I am desperate. Oh equipment was a pair of K2 V02 Boas with 90mm 83a wheels. I am fairly new to skating and today my targeted practise was a) when striding bring feet into centerline b) lookin ahead rather than at feet c) heel braking and d) balancing on one foot. I did try some t stops but they nearly had me over.

Anyway, happy skating everyone :-)
Welcome to the wonderful world of outdoor. Once you have been bitten, you will find yourself considering bigger wheeled skates. There are a host of good options from K2, particularly the Radical line of skates. Otherwise, feel free to post your outings with as much detail as you want in the Training Log. We love to hear what you are doing for training.
Old August 18th, 2014, 09:46 PM   #3
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDonnybrook View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of outdoor. Once you have been bitten, you will find yourself considering bigger wheeled skates. There are a host of good options from K2, particularly the Radical line of skates. Otherwise, feel free to post your outings with as much detail as you want in the Training Log. We love to hear what you are doing for training.
Or much smaller.