S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum > Buying Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Buying Skates Tips and advice about buying aggressive skates plus information and opinions about all of the different aggressive skate models.

Old August 16th, 2006, 09:58 PM   #1
juzern

Default i am trying to buy new skates

wassup

aight i am trying to buy my first aggressive i have been skating with normal skates and i have been trying to find a cheap pair that are preatty gud so i found TRS ALPHA Aggressive Inline Skates
http://www.skateaggressive.com/item.php?ref_no=35856
Rollerblade TRS ALPHA Aggressive Inline Skates
which are preatty gud but if u can give me any suggestions it would help
juzern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:32 AM   #2
Amy's_Keeper
former mr4tc bd racer

For the price, the Alphas can't be beat. If you tell me your size I can give you a few suggestions. or just go here http://secure.rollerwarehouse.com/orstore/default.aspx they are my favorite place to shop online, everyone there is a skater and can most likely help you with most of your questions, they have a forum if you cant get the answer you were looking for or just dont want to call.
Old August 17th, 2006, 02:14 PM   #3
Mouse
Motion Blader

Wink My thoughts

Rollerblade are a great make they are smoth to skate and they are light too. My whole skate team skate them because of this. I have a pair of TRS alpha 6. the best thing about the rollerblade range is that they are not ugly like some other skate makes.

Dont rollerblade, do freestyle rolling.

Team Site:
[url]www.Motion-Generation.co.uk[/url]
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 03:13 AM   #4
back and to the left

It also always makes sense to check pages like www.rollerwarehouse.com and www.skatepile.com for their NOS and closeout models. It never hurts to get a well-made skate, even if you're just starting, and some of the prices beat those of newer, beginner series skates.
back and to the left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #5
juzern

thx everyone for posting and helping but if anyone can suggest one pair of skates that would be great and my size is 11 please contact as quick as possible
juzern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 07:55 PM   #6
cbeck

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=TBO

I'm an 11 and bought these in 11.5, the fit was just about right. Of course, they had the whole skate at the time... you would need to buy frame and wheels... and may want to call about availability as they are listed "due" in one day...

I have a wide foot and tried the TRS downtown and was in agony after the first day.

I make my suggestion assuming you are looking for great and cheap. there are alot that are great and expensive, and at that point, I think it is really a matter of "Fit" and "Preference".

The Salomons have proven very durable as I slide down stairs and accross parkinglots/sidewalks quite frequently.