S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum > Inline Artistic
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inline Artistic Discussions about artistic skating on inline figure skates.

Old November 7th, 2006, 05:50 PM   #1
sktgirl

Talking inline skates with a toe stop

As seen on the video "Jesus can't skate", where can I find the new style inline skate, with the ice skaters boot and toe stop and our beloved 4 inline wheels? Please email me at: sktgirl@netzero.com
sktgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 06:24 AM   #2
artisan555

those are pic skates. google pic skates the website should be there. they run about $300 depending on which boot you want.

the inline dance skate with the conventional toe stop is the triax skate. they are rather more expensive; i think they run about $700. . .
artisan555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 03:28 PM   #3
Bill

The skates in the movie were probablly Edea fly boots and Custom inline plates. The boot is very siff and the frame has 3 wheels with adjustable rocker. 3 wheel frames are popular with competitive inline skaters. Other brands are Snyder, and SnowWhite. They make 3 wheel inline frames that are popular.

The PicSkate has a different style frame. it has 4 wheels, is rockered, and has a "pic". It's come close to an ice blade in length and toe pic position. It's more popular with skaters that have skated ice. The only other 4 wheel inline I'm aware of is the inexpensive Snowwhite skate that comes with a plastic boot and frame and roller type toe stop.

The Artistic inlines are different from regular inlines as they have a toe pic/stop and the fron wheeel is placed under the ball of the foot. they typically have a 76mm max wheel size. They are better then regular roller skates for outdoors, but are best for flat smooth areas, and not for street skating. Most of the competitive inline skaters I know have done most of their skating on regular quad skates or ice skates.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 08:08 AM   #4
tguido56

Don't forget the Italian Pro Skate frames and boots.
They were used by the Italian athletes in the past World Championships for artistic inline. Geometry is much like the Snyder Triax, i.e. a flat wheel setup. Rocker can be built using a smaller front wheel.
The skate frame is awesome, have a look: http://www.prosk8.it/productos/PFG800BG3546.jpg
The wheels seems to be from Labeda (made in US)
tguido56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 01:24 PM   #5
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by tguido56 View Post
They were used by the Italian athletes in the past World Championships for artistic inline. Geometry is much like the Snyder Triax, i.e. a flat wheel setup. Rocker can be built using a smaller front wheel.
The skate frame is awesome, have a look: http://www.prosk8.it/productos/PFG800BG3546.jpg
Nice looking setup!
One of the girls in the skate club skates on that frame and likes it.
What boot is that?

Bill
Old November 11th, 2006, 09:48 PM   #6
Malcolm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
The only other 4 wheel inline I'm aware of is the inexpensive Snowwhite skate that comes with a plastic boot and frame and roller type toe stop.
Bill
The Snowwhite frame has only 3 wheels. Essentially it is the same as the Custom V1 frames however it does not have the adjustable rocker. You should be able to mount any boot onto this frame.
see this link. http://www.custominlines.com/

Mal.
Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 03:10 AM   #7
Arthur Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
The Snowwhite frame has only 3 wheels. Essentially it is the same as the Custom V1 frames however it does not have the adjustable rocker. You should be able to mount any boot onto this frame.

Mal.
Rocker wheel configuration is built in Snow White frame already.

Arthur Lee
Arthur Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 01:20 AM   #8
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post

Mal.
I was refering to their entry level skate
http://www.inlinefigure.com/products-EL.htm

Their more well known skate frame
http://www.inlinefigure.com/products-SW.htm
has 3 wheels and s fixed rocker. It one of the more popular inline skates.

Bill
Old November 23rd, 2006, 12:03 AM   #9
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tguido56 View Post
Hi tguido,

After several months of research I stick to Snowwhites that caught my eyes for compettive price , soberb quality and the glossy shinny luxury aluminium frame..the result: IMHO the unbeatable artistic inline frame.. Tchau, Zerio
zerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 02:36 AM   #10
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerio View Post
Hi tguido,

After several months of research I stick to Snowwhites that caught my eyes for compettive price , soberb quality and the glossy shinny luxury aluminium frame..the result: IMHO the unbeatable artistic inline frame.. Tchau, Zerio
Zerio good luck with the skates, let us know how they work out for you.

Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #11
tguido56

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerio View Post
Hi tguido,

I agree with you. Even in Italy the SnowWhites have competitiva price and are easily available on several skates shops. The same cannot be told for the few other brands.

I just wanted to point out that there is at least another manufacturer besides the always cited PIC, Snow White, Custom V1 (and Snyder Triax + Risport Galaxies of the past). In addition to my previous posting I have to say that Lestelskates.com Barcelona - Spain still sells vintage Atlas inline plates. So, to be complete, a survey of all the models does not stops to a mere 3 in all the planet.

Since artistic inline skating stays in a ever-lasting experimantal phase, I think it is a good new to know that there are other brands on the market. Hopefully this could contribute to lower equipment costs, or at least to keep them at reasonable price.

Unfortunately there is no reason explaining why a fairly good quality quad plate (e.g. a Roll-Line Variant M) should cost much less than an inline plate. Common sense dictates that a quad should be much more expensive in terms of quantity of parts, workshop machinery work and assembly. But the contrary occours. Such high costs, particularly for tods that grow up quickly, are one of the dampening factors for the development of artistic inline skating. Not to mention the lack of coaches.

The sad result is that there is no market (except niche) and no serious effort to ameliorate the products.
Inline speed skaters have a huge choice of wheels, frames and boots, but there aren't specialized wheels for artistic inline (except a couple of models of 10 years ago) nor toe stops smaller than those for quads.
I believe that equipment development could occour, but with no demand it remains at a standstill.

For the frames alone I really don't know if a debate on X versus Y is worthwhile: the weigth can change by few tens of grams, the strength and stiffness are always good (it is Alu alloy, isn't it?), rockering can be pre-built or "hacked" putting a smaller wheel in front in a flat frame, three wheels seems to be an acceptable compromise between lightness and maneuvrability. At the end what really matters are boots, wheels, toe stop, pavement and... the skater.
tguido56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 03:21 PM   #12
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Hi tguido Ive just pmed u
Zerio
Old November 28th, 2006, 03:26 PM   #13
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan555 View Post
those are pic skates. google pic skates the website should be there. they run about $300 depending on which boot you want.

the inline dance skate with the conventional toe stop is the triax skate. they are rather more expensive; i think they run about $700. . .
In US you can get a terrific snowwhite set with Belati Piuma boots...
for less than 600USD...
http://shopskategear.com/ better than this...only if brought for free by Santa Claus
Also visit http://www.belatiskates.com/