S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 22nd, 2009, 07:22 AM   #16
Randy Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretMan View Post
Randy, what you are describing- the "double pump" with both front wheels of the trailing foot staying on the floor- was pretty much the norm at my rink "back in the day" (mid-70's to mid-80's) and we generally referred to it as "boogie skating".

The more upright style of shuffle skating seemed to become popular as the bigger (62 mm) wheels came into style in the 80's- the older style of skating just seemed like it was better suited to the smaller wheels.

I know that I used to run smaller wheels and my front trucks as loose as they'd go, and that would let your trail foot not just "double pump", but also go side-to-side while keeping the front wheels on the ground.

With the big speed wheels and tight trucks I use now, you just don't seem to be able to get the same action from the trailing foot. Or, maybe it's just because I'm 20 years older than I was back then...

Brett yes the trailing front two wheels but instead of just bringing them back you pump twice sort of like what a dj does when he is scratching (for lack of better description) ...The girls shuffled and the guys boogie bounced here but only 3 got the dble pump down pat ( in our rink) and i have seen two others since able to do it Andy @ zoomers and Marlon @ kettering ...being old school and watching others skate nowadays I cant get past the 'they skate like the girls did back in the day" thinking..lol BUT whatever! as long as people are skating does it matter ?....lol
Randy Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote