S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old May 15th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #1
re-verse

Default best laptop bag for skating

A lot of nights after work I will skate, sometimes more than 10km. Does anyone have a laptop bag they feel especially comfortable with in cases like this? Bonus points if it can carry an slr camera and a couple lenses.
re-verse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 01:54 AM   #2
E. Chu Folunch

i don't have such a bag, but i would suggest b&h photo. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
they've got it all.
E. Chu Folunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 02:39 AM   #3
Demolishun
Aggro Member

Ummm, if it is a "laptop" bag or "camera" bag it says, "Please Steal Me" all over it. Something to consider. I think it is best to not paint a target on your back. A good compromise is a plain jane backpack with a laptop liner inside to protect whatever you are carrying.
Demolishun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 03:00 AM   #4
ncspeed
trouble maker :)

The luigino bag has plenty of room for a lap top they even have a special area for that and trust me this bag is a freaking house
ncspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 03:00 AM   #5
online inline

i've got a very cool bike messanger bag i use as a work briefcase, and of course, it would suffice very nicely on the trail as it has both a shoulder strap and a waist strap.

It's this really nice tangerine orange, made by Trager, and i got it through an online company that i can't remember the name of right now.

If you want more info, i could probably photo the bag or dig up the co. name.
online inline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:29 AM   #6
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

My wife and I both have High Sierra laptop backpacks, which look like average backpacks, so there's no "steal me" issue. They're comfortable, since they have shock-absorbing shoulder straps.

You can find all kinds of laptop bags and laptops at http://www.ebags.com. They usually have great sales too.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 08:16 PM   #7
re-verse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolishun View Post
Ummm, if it is a "laptop" bag or "camera" bag it says, "Please Steal Me" all over it. Something to consider. I think it is best to not paint a target on your back. A good compromise is a plain jane backpack with a laptop liner inside to protect whatever you are carrying.
I'm not too worried about that - seeing me in the middle of the night, i'm not the first person you'd like to think about robbing.
Old May 19th, 2007, 05:49 AM   #8
Demolishun
Aggro Member

Yah, with the bolts in my neck and awkward gait nobody bugs me either.
Demolishun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #9
Bryan
Dances with Short Buses

You’re willing to skate with an SLR and lenses? You are far braver than I. As much as I would love to get some pictures when we’re out skating, I’m always nervous about skating with what I affectionately refer to as the “bag of glass.”
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:03 PM   #10
re-verse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
You’re willing to skate with an SLR and lenses? You are far braver than I. As much as I would love to get some pictures when we’re out skating, I’m always nervous about skating with what I affectionately refer to as the “bag of glass.”
Yeah, same. I use pretty good padding on my current bag, and I'd happily use my body as a cushion to keep my hasselblad from hitting the ground. Riding with my cam gives me a lot of changes to take shots i might normally otherwise see.