S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice)
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice) This forum is different then the other SkateLog forums in that it is not a discussion forum, but rather a place you can ask skate building expert Fred "DocSk8" Benjamin about building and repairing indoor speed, derby, and jamskate quad roller skates. Please start a new thread for each new question.

Old September 26th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #1
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!

Default Whats the difference ...

... between a green Vanguard Jumbo Jet and a green Vanguard Graphic Speed? Are these 2 wheels virtually the same wheel and changed their name to protect the innocent (lol)? Or differing duros and urethanes?
Old September 27th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #2
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default Whats the difference ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsk8s View Post
... between a green Vanguard Jumbo Jet and a green Vanguard Graphic Speed? Are these 2 wheels virtually the same wheel and changed their name to protect the innocent (lol)? Or differing duros and urethanes?
Early or late Jumbo Jet? I have never seen a green one.. Only black and orange... Green Graphic Speed, I have never sk8ed a set..

Now, I have a question.. Does it really matter?? It's not like you are standing at the counter with the option to buy either set of wheels new in the wrap.... and can only afford one.... If you actually have an opportunity to choose, and both are in good shape, buy 'em both and then you can tell us.
Old September 27th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #3
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
Early or late Jumbo Jet?
Not sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docsk8
I have never seen a green one..
Only black and orange...
Here ya go:

Quote:
Green Graphic Speed, I have never sk8ed a set..
Me neither
Quote:
Now, I have a question.. Does it really matter??
In a way, yes it does. If they`re close to the same in every way, function and form I can use the Graphic Speeds as a replacement wheel, 1 by 1, for the JJ`s
Quote:
It's not like you are standing at the counter with the option to buy either set of wheels new in the wrap.... and can only afford one.... If you actually have an opportunity to choose, and both are in good shape, buy 'em both and then you can tell us.
So true, I am not at the counter BUT, I do have both.

My GS`s are in need of regrooving as is the JJ`s but only 6 of the GS`s are worth fooling with. Reason for me asking was, as I already stated, was for replacements only. Should I ever wear out a Jumbo Jet I could then pop on a Graphic Speed and be done with. I`m not one to ride 2 different wheels if I can help it. Call it what ya want but thats how I am. Thanks for your help
Old September 27th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #4
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:

My GS`s are in need of regrooving as is the JJ`s but only 6 of the GS`s are worth fooling with. Reason for me asking was, as I already stated, was for replacements only. Should I ever wear out a Jumbo Jet I could then pop on a Graphic Speed and be done with. I`m not one to ride 2 different wheels if I can help it. Call it what ya want but thats how I am. Thanks for your help
Well, they look different.. Put 4 Graphics on one sk8 and 4 Jumbos on the other.. That should give a much clearer picture..
Old January 10th, 2016, 04:13 PM   #5
Still at it

Talking Green jumbo jets

Have a like new set of green jumbo jets but don't know how to post a picture of them . Think the green ones are rare !
I'm going to skate on them today see if I like them or not !
Been skating on a set of Hyper Canibals orange so will see .
I will let you know what I think of them later
It says I may not post attachments?

Last edited by Still at it; January 17th, 2016 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Try to add picture
Still at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2016, 03:49 PM   #6
Still at it

Quote:
Not sure

Here ya go:

Me neither

In a way, yes it does. If they`re close to the same in every way, function and form I can use the Graphic Speeds as a replacement wheel, 1 by 1, for the JJ`s

So true, I am not at the counter BUT, I do have both.

I'm with you on not mix matching wheels & my JJ's look like yours Green & like new !
My son is riding on a set of regroov, Red vanguard FJ's he loves them he is 14
Old January 17th, 2016, 10:17 PM   #7
Still at it

Default Green jumbo jets

Skated them today and they performed very well think I like them couple more sessions and I will know if they will replace my Hyper Canibals or not if they was red or orange I would say yes already lol it's the green thing I guess but honestly I have no complaints on the JJ's other than the color (Green)
Old January 20th, 2016, 04:05 PM   #8
Fancy-Kerrigan

Dye them black
Fancy-Kerrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2016, 03:27 PM   #9
FanJet8
Shadow Sk8r

My Green Graphic Speeds are around 98A..... All of the Jumbo Jets that I have owned which were Black, Yellow and Orange were around 95A to 96A. Never had a set of Green ones.
FanJet8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 01:41 PM   #10
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!

I now no longer have the green Jumbo Jets either sold em but can't remember who too