S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Speed Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Events Announcements, reports, results, photos, and discussions about all types of speed skating events.

Old December 1st, 2017, 03:53 PM   #1
sommemi
Evn my Redbloodcells roll

Question 2018 Outdoor Speed Races - planning ahead

Hey all - so I'm trying to work on planning further ahead in my schedule with next year's Park 'n Roll Festival/race and I wanted to make sure I was aware of all the races there are for 2018 (so I can make sure I'm not conflicting with anyone else). I know they might not all be announced yet, and I can search for the 2018 dates to update my event page...

BUT HERE IS WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP:
Are there any races that you know of that are NOT on this list?? I'm focusing on US races at this time, but I'm happy to make a list of international ones as well if anyone else wants me to.

Please let me know if you know about any outdoor things going on that I'm not aware of! Thanks!

THIS WAS THE 2017 SCHEDULE THAT I KNEW OF:
Jan 1 - Under the Dome Velodrome banked track race in Colorado Springs, CO
Feb 9-12 - World Inline Grand Prix in Seattle, WA (indoor flat track)
Feb 19 - Squiggy Classic Inline in Tampa, FL
May 27 - Eastern Seaboard Series in Trexlertown, PA
April XX - Menifee Half Marathon in Menifee, CA (cancelled)
April 22 - Salt Lake City Marathon in Salt Lake City, UT (half and 5K)
June 14-23- USARS Outdoor Nationals and Team USA trials in Colorado Springs, CO
June 17 - Apostle Islands Inline Race and Marathon in Ashland, WI
June 30 - July 1 - Skate of the Union in Washington DC
July 08 - Eastern Seaboard Series in Trexlertown, PA
July 09 - Marathon de Laval in Ottawa, Canada
July 07-09- Barbary Coast Roller Marathon/Half Marathon in San Francisco, CA
July 23 - Chicagoland Inline Marathon in Chicago, IL
August 05- Minnesota Half Marathon in St. Paul, MN
August 12 - Eastern Seaboard Series in Trexlertown, PA (was rescheduled to Aug 19th)
AUGUST 19, 2017 - Park 'n Roll Skate and Cookie Festival and Half-marathon/5K in Munroe Falls, OH
Sept 16 - Eastern Seaboard Series in Trexlertown, PA
Sept 16-17- Montreal 24-hour inline marathon in Montreal, Quebec
Sept 16 - Northshore Inline Marathon in Duluth, MN
Sept 23 - Berlin Marathon in Berlin, Germany
Sept 30 - NYC inline marathon in New York, NY
Oct 01-02- Miles for Freedom "Try Inline Skating" session at Eastwood Metropark in Dayton, OHIO benefiting the Oasis House
Oct 08 - A2A Athens to Atlanta Road Skate, in Athens, GA
Oct 22 - Saguaro Sunrise bike and skate in Oro Valley, AZ (42K, 21K, 5K)
Oct 29 - Battle at Bear Creek in Houston, TX
Nov 12 - SilverStrand Half Marathon in Coronado, CA
Old December 1st, 2017, 07:17 PM   #2
ese002

August 25 - Rollin' on the River Marathon, Grand Forks ND https://gfinline.com/

Battle of Bear Creek was postponed. The website says they are expecting an event sometime in Spring 2018.

There is chatter about bringing back the race in Hemmet, CA which was last held ( I think) in December 2013.
ese002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2017, 08:09 PM   #3
gopherfan

Default Skate of the Union (Washington, DC) 2018

Skate of the Union (Washington, DC) 2018 is scheduled for June 22-24, 2018. This is one of the best remaining outdoor races left so I hope more people consider coming to DC in 2018.

The Eastern Seaboard Series dates move around year to year based on track availability. They also will (rarely) move a race to a day or week later just before the race date based on the forecast (the pavement coating is just too slick to skate wet).

The Eastern Seaboard Series typically has a June race as well. Last year the Connecticut Outdoor Challenge filled in on this missing race date of June 10, 2017.

Montreal 24 relay date is at the mercy of track availability. Last year was later than they wanted. 2018 will likely be late August or early September based on previous year race dates.

Squiggy is permanently cancelled. A fun skating weekend is going to be held instead February 9-11, 2018.

Thank you for making the effort to avoid race date conflicts. Admittedly, there isn't a ton of potential participation overlap, but in years past we've had two and even three major races on the same weekend. Of course, a Saturday/Sunday doubleheader can be fun if the locations are close enough. One of my most memorable weekends involved Eastern Seaboard Series on Saturday, a drive to BWI, a flight to SFO, sleeping a few hours in the back of a rental car, then a third place finish in Napa racing with Andy Kostka (RIP).
gopherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2017, 08:10 PM   #4
sommemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ese002 View Post
August 25 - Rollin' on the River Marathon, Grand Forks ND https://gfinline.com/

Battle of Bear Creek was postponed. The website says they are expecting an event sometime in Spring 2018.

There is chatter about bringing back the race in Hemmet, CA which was last held ( I think) in December 2013.
aw crap - that's the date I had reserved for the Park 'n Roll already. I just knew that one day there would be a conflict. Well... I wonder if ND is far enough away that we could get good turnout at both?
Old December 1st, 2017, 08:12 PM   #5
sommemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherfan View Post
Skate of the Union (Washington, DC) 2018 is scheduled for June 22-24, 2018. This is one of the best remaining outdoor races left so I hope more people consider coming to DC in 2018.

The Eastern Seaboard Series dates move around year to year based on track availability. They also will (rarely) move a race to a day or week later just before the race date based on the forecast (the pavement coating is just too slick to skate wet).

The Eastern Seaboard Series typically has a June race as well. Last year the Connecticut Outdoor Challenge filled in on this missing race date of June 10, 2017.

Montreal 24 relay date is at the mercy of track availability. Last year was later than they wanted. 2018 will likely be late August or early September based on previous year race dates.

Squiggy is permanently cancelled. A fun skating weekend is going to be held instead the weekend of February 9-11, 2018.

Thank you for making the effort to avoid race date conflicts. Admittedly, there isn't a ton of potential participation overlap, but in years past we've had two and even three major races on the same weekend. Of course, a Saturday/Sunday doubleheader can be fun if the locations are close enough. One of my most memorable weekends involved Eastern Seaboard Series on Saturday, a drive to BWI, a flight to SFO, sleeping a few hours in the back of a rental car, then a third place finish in Napa racing with Andy Kostka (RIP).
Holy catoly... that's a lot in one weekend! But man, I used to live for that stuff. Harder to travel with my personal commitments right now, but hopefully will have more flexibility to do that in the future! I think my favorite part is when there is enough time in between stuff to go tour around with the family and take the whole fan-damily with me as a skate-cation. :-)

AND THANK YOU!!! for the reply. I appreciate it! I'll make sure those are added to my 2018 list.

Tags
2018, calendar, races, schedule