S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2018, 12:56 PM   #1
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 3,143
Default Blue Tsunami

What a pleasure to watch.
It, like most tsunamis, started slow, and was a low wave, it came ashore slowly, and kept coming in, and spreading out, and increasing speed.

In 16' 3 million more people voted for the Democtatic candidate than the Republican candidate.

In the 18' midterm, so far 6 million more people voted Democratic then Republican.

Trump lies more every day, right now he's in France meeting Putin, his handler, his new AG will soon be under indictment by the FBI for fraud, yes he is the person overseeing the FBI, but he can't legally do anything official, he can't legally make the FBI drop the case against him, he's as much of a shyster as Trump, but he has no official power, Trump now has oversight, soon Congress will make Trump stop inciting violence, soon Congress will subpoena trumps taxes, all his lies will unfold, only the most moronic Trump followers will remain loyal, as it stands, the intelligent Trump followers are falling away, what a circus.

Facts Matter.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 03:18 PM   #2
bjvircks
Major Trouble
 
bjvircks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
.... right now he's in France meeting Putin, his handler...
Before I retired I got a formal yearly performance evaluation as did everyone as a matter of our company's standard practice. We also all got a less formal mid-year review.

When I saw on the news that the U.S. media found out from Russian media about the scheduled Trump-Putin meeting in Paris my first thought was "Hmmm... sounds like Trump is getting his mid-term review. I wonder if he'll get to keep his job."
__________________
Quando omni flunkus, moritati
bjvircks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 09:40 PM   #3
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio Tx
Posts: 6,668
Default

Being a Nationalist is being a Nationalist.
It does not mean being a Russianalist.
How is Russia riding high off the Trump Presidency?
(Awww SH*T, a rational question. Quick, start calling Rufus a racist, or mysogynist, or SOMETHING)
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:28 PM   #4
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 3,143
Default

Trying to redirect the crushing defeat in the midterms, cant blame you, Trump is just a rolling sack of dung, sinking anything and everything he touches.

By Nationalist, you naturally mean White Nationalist, as in Nazi.

Trump has made Two failing nations world powers in the last two years, Russia and North Korea, how is Russia riding on Trump's back, open your eyes, err, or not.

A rational question, no, just more trolling by you, and BTW, you, as you admit, are a mysogynist, and yes, an admitted racist.

Suprisngly, you haven't attacked the Native American woman or the two Muslem woman or the other hundred or so just elected, I'm guessing you're just to dim to realize their presence in the world of national politics.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 02:37 AM   #5
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio Tx
Posts: 6,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post

Look. A SHORT and predictably stupid response.

Trying to redirect the crushing defeat in the midterms, cant blame you, Trump is just a rolling sack of dung, sinking anything and everything he touches.

Talk about redirecting? I ask him how Russia is benefiting and useless has to CHANGE THE SUBJECT. Mr all facts all the time has to hide from the question.


By Nationalist, you naturally mean White Nationalist, as in Nazi.

And then proceed to name calling..... BTW, it would not matter if Trump was a white nationalist, which he isn't. It still does NOTHING to explain how Russia benefits.


Trump has made Two failing nations world powers in the last two years, Russia and North Korea, how is Russia riding on Trump's back, open your eyes, err, or not.

??? WTF hardly covers that last one.


A rational question, no, just more trolling by you, and BTW, you, as you admit, are a mysogynist, and yes, an admitted racist.

Making up facts again. Yawn.


Suprisngly, you haven't attacked the Native American woman or the two Muslem woman or the other hundred or so just elected, I'm guessing you're just to dim to realize their presence in the world of national politics.
As for the blue wave, it seems if we check the butthurt-o-meter, it is still the Dims that are squealing.
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 01:42 PM   #6
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
As for the blue wave, it seems if we check the butthurt-o-meter, it is still the Dims that are squealing.
Seems like a "wave" of illegal votes in Florida have been found.... lots of boxes of them...
__________________
"Liberal Logic", a phrase in conflict with itself.... dims = it's OK to kill babies.. real logic there..
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 02:13 PM   #7
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 3,143
Default

Obviously, never argue with a fool, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experence....

Obviously, the thread is about the Democrats having the best election results since 1972, the first election after Nixon quit.

Rufus of course entered the thread with a question about Russia, what does Russia have to do with this midterm election?
The answer of course to the question....how is trump helping Russia?

Trump made Russia, a failing country into a world power, simple concise, not understood by rufus, the dim...wit.

THEN rufus got wierder....And garbled the quote abilities of the forum, trying to make sense of the following jumble is possible if it's taken apart and reassembled in a sane way, but then it would take a sane person to understand, something rufus isnt, and wouldn't, but a concise version....

The thread is about the Democratic midterm success, rufus wants to know about Russia, the answer is obvious, (Trump made Russia a tiny, broke, country into a world power, including, btw, North Korea)but rufus doesn't understand, gets frustrated and garbles, and I can only imagine....tries to confuse, or is confused and can't express himself, then after more sensless babble, claims the Democrats are "SQUEELING", Again, surrealistic reality through the eyes of rufus, never argue with a fool, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, fact.


Originally Posted by ursle View Post

Look. A SHORT and predictably stupid response.

Trying to redirect the crushing defeat in the midterms, can't blame you, Trump is just a rolling sack of dung, sinking anything and everything he touches.

Talk about redirecting? I ask him how Russia is benefiting and useless has to CHANGE THE SUBJECT. Mr all facts all the time has to hide from the question.

By Nationalist, you naturally mean White Nationalist, as in Nazi.

And then proceed to name calling..... BTW, it would not matter if Trump was a white nationalist, which he isn't. It still does NOTHING to explain how Russia benefits.
Trump admits he's a Nationalist,(White Nationalist, White Supremest)

Trump has made Two failing nations world powers in the last two years, Russia and North Korea, how is Russia riding on Trump's back, open your eyes, err, or not.

??? WTF hardly covers that last one.
Try to comprehend the conversation, not confuse the conversation, the Russia question was immediately answered, but let me repete, Trump, in his first two years in office has made Russia, a fledgling, poor, country into a world power, and he's done the same thing for North Korea.

A rational question, no, just more trolling by you, and BTW, you, as you admit, are a mysogynist, and yes, an admitted racist.

Making up facts again. Yawn.
Not made up, observed from your constant trolling post's, and Threads that are not fact checkable, hundreds of Threads, btw.

Suprisngly, you haven't attacked the Native American woman or the two Muslem woman or the other hundred or so just elected, I'm guessing you're just to dim to realize their presence in the world of national politics.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
As for the blue wave, it seems if we check the butthurt-o-meter, it is still the Dims that are squealing.
Again, a thread about the Democratic success in the midterms, the best results since 1972, remember Nixon, I thought not...
But a redirect to Russia, the same Russia that has financed the Trump organization since the 80's, the same Russia that hacked into the Democratic party's computers and released that information to the Trump campaign, the same Russia that Mueller is investigation, and locking up or getting guilty pleas from everyone he's questioned, so far, and he's about to start questioning the Trump family, stand by.....yes, I know, you're in denial and don't understand the facts, don't worry, they will be explained to you in detail.

Facts Matter.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2018, 01:39 PM   #8
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 3,143
Default

Wow, the blue tsunami is still building.
Now, the Democratic vote count is 7,300,000 (and growing) larger than the Republican vote count, looks like 38 house seats are going to change parties, 36 already have, looks like a bigger tsunami than the one after Nixon quit.

Meanwhile, Trump is neglecting his duties (not that he ever started them), his failure to appoint people to more then 1/2 of the positions in government that he's required to is starting to take it's toll.

88 thousand veterans aren't receiving monthly checks because of Trump's not making an appointment.


Then look at any appointment Trump did make, Sessions...fired.
The EPA Pruitt fired, Zinke- under investigation...
Neilson....about to be fired, Haley...gone, smart girl, McGhan...fired, Kelley, chief of staff, about to be fired, this crew was bad, the next crew is going to be worse.

And not last and not least...the first lady, not an american citizen (arguably) yesterday released a public statement...she wants to fire the Deputy National Security Advisor Mira Ricardel, our Russian (born in Novo Mesto, Slovenia) first lady wants to fire the Deputy National Security Advisor, wonder why?
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2018, 11:54 PM   #9
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio Tx
Posts: 6,668
Default

Pretty alarming, all these recounts. All newly found ballots are not representative of a spread of voters. It is only helping one party. And we are going to let all this stand? The Liberals are truly Nazis.
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 02:23 AM   #10
bjvircks
Major Trouble
 
bjvircks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
... All newly found ballots ....
you seem to be showing a profound lack of understanding of the inner workings of our voting mechanisms. These so-called 'newly found ballots' have always been there in past elections (mail-in, overseas military, absentee, provisional)... but their numbers are always relatively small and so even if 100% went one way or the other the final result would be unaffected.

HOWEVER, Today... in certain VERY CLOSE elections... these small quantities of votes that were previously somewhat irrelevant are now deal breakers.

And so, due dillegence requires that close scrutiny is required to assure that these are legitimate votes.

AND THEN... WE MUST BE SURE THAT EVERY LEGITIMATE VOTE IS COUNTED.
__________________
Quando omni flunkus, moritati
bjvircks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 03:04 AM   #11
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio Tx
Posts: 6,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
you seem to be showing a profound lack of understanding of the inner workings of our voting mechanisms. These so-called 'newly found ballots' have always been there in past elections (mail-in, overseas military, absentee, provisional)... but their numbers are always relatively small and so even if 100% went one way or the other the final result would be unaffected.

HOWEVER, Today... in certain VERY CLOSE elections... these small quantities of votes that were previously somewhat irrelevant are now deal breakers.

And so, due dillegence requires that close scrutiny is required to assure that these are legitimate votes.

AND THEN... WE MUST BE SURE THAT EVERY LEGITIMATE VOTE IS COUNTED.
Problem is, rejected votes are being counted. The other "tell" that things are awry is, the "newly found" votes are running one way. Statistically, they should reflect the general voting pattern. They are not. Red flag.
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 03:41 AM   #12
bjvircks
Major Trouble
 
bjvircks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
... Statistically, they should reflect the general voting pattern. They are not. Red flag.
the problem here is that the votes ARE falling into the statistical pattern. It just happens to be a pattern that you want to not recognise and thereby disavow.
__________________
Quando omni flunkus, moritati
bjvircks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 03:53 AM   #13
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio Tx
Posts: 6,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
the problem here is that the votes ARE falling into the statistical pattern. It just happens to be a pattern that you want to not recognise and thereby disavow.
So you say. But if that were true, to the letter, the winning Republicans would edge ahead of the Dems is all cases. The new votes are dramatically Blue.
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 04:05 AM   #14
bjvircks
Major Trouble
 
bjvircks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,913
Default

that is because of the demographic that the vote group is coming from.

sorry... used 'demographic'... a 4 syllable word.
__________________
Quando omni flunkus, moritati
bjvircks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 04:13 AM   #15
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio Tx
Posts: 6,668
Default

Any Dem that got ahead, should have creeped ahead. Not vaulted ahead.
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 01:14 AM   #16
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 3,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
Pretty alarming, all these recounts. All newly found ballots are not representative of a spread of voters. It is only helping one party. And we are going to let all this stand? The Liberals are truly Nazis.
There are no "newly found" votes, florida has millions of voters, they can drop off ballots, mail in ballots and vote from overseas, it takes time to count them, not as long as California, but Florida has a history of supressing votes, look at Bush 43, the Supreme Court stopped legally placed votes from being counted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
Problem is, rejected votes are being counted. The other "tell" that things are awry is, the "newly found" votes are running one way. Statistically, they should reflect the general voting pattern. They are not. Red flag.
There were 22 ballots that mistakenly were counted, so, naturally, they weren't actually added to the vote count, they were rejected.
There are no newly found votes, there are legally placed votes, and they take time to count.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
Any Dem that got ahead, should have creeped (crept) ahead. Not vaulted ahead.
That's obviously your personal opinion, not based on fact but on pre-judging the situation, in every state the largest cities take the longest to count, so all those numbers come in at once, however long it takes to count, as it happens, all the largest cities contain the most educated people, and naturally, educated people don't vote for white nationalist's or nazi or against health care or against the right to vote.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 03:34 AM   #17
bjvircks
Major Trouble
 
bjvircks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,913
Default

I was wondering just now... does Trump have properties or homes in any non-US-extradition treaty countries?

It would be a real hoot if one day in the (very near?) future Trump told his staff "I'm going out to get a cheeseburger and a sixpack of coke" and then hop onto his private plane, jetting off out of legal reach.
__________________
Quando omni flunkus, moritati
bjvircks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2018, 03:55 AM   #18
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
I was wondering just now... does Trump have properties or homes in any non-US-extradition treaty countries?

It would be a real hoot if one day in the (very near?) future Trump told his staff "I'm going out to get a cheeseburger and a sixpack of coke" and then hop onto his private plane, jetting off out of legal reach.
If the clintons and bozo don't run there is a reason for it. Same reason Trump ain't leaving....
__________________
"Liberal Logic", a phrase in conflict with itself.... dims = it's OK to kill babies.. real logic there..
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2018, 04:36 PM   #19
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 3,143
Default

The Tsunami is starting to head back to the DEEP BLUE, what a ride.

Trump is acting like a chicken with it's head cut off, well, more than usual, lying more, neglecting his Presidential duties, the White House is in chaos, more than ususal, Health care will hopefully become single payer soon, gerrymandering will be a thing of the past, even if Trump fires Mueller in the next two months, his evidence is available, soon, Trumps taxes will be public, all the people surrounding Trump that have broken laws will be prosecuted and incarcerated, now it's time to discuss Trump's leaving office, if he's impeached, he can't pardon anyone if he flees to Russia, he can't pardon anyone, watching him day by day, his health seems to be in question, he dug his own grave.

Democrat Declared Winner in Orange County House Race, Marking a Clean Democratic Sweep of the Onetime Conservative Stronghold

The Associated Press declared Democrat Gil Cisneros the winner of California’s 39th Congressional District late Saturday night, concluding the last undecided race in the state and bolstering already significant gains for Democrats in the state. Cisneros’ victory in a district that includes Orange County, a longtime ideological bastion of conservatism, completed an astounding clean sweep of the county for Democrats, marking broad changes in the region’s political demographics. Democrats will now control all seven of the congressional districts that include portions of Orange County. They also will now hold an overall 45-8 advantage in House seats representing the state, amounting to 87 percent of California’s congressional delegation.

“It’s the Republican wipeout in Orange County, a wellspring of conservatism that nourished generations of state and national party leaders, that stands as a shock,” the Los Angeles Times noted. “Many never thought they would see a day when its expansive suburban tracts were anything but flaming Republican red.” The wipeout came at a snail’s pace however, as Republican candidate Young Kim, a former staffer of retiring GOP Rep. Ed Royce, was the early leader in the vote tally on Election Day; the lead eroded day-by-day as provisional and mail-in ballots continued to be counted until Cisneros, who was a Republican himself until 2008, pulled ahead on Thursday, a full 10 days after the state went to the polls.



There were signs that Orange County was trending away from its historical conservative roots before Cisneros, a 47-year-old veteran who is also a $266 million lottery jackpot winner, pulled ahead. Hillary Clinton predictably won the state of California in 2016, by nearly 4 million votes, but she also won Orange County, a harbinger the dramatic flip to come in 2018. Part of that shift lies in the fact that the 39th district is increasingly diverse. It is roughly equally divided by party between Republicans, Democrats, and independents, as well as by ethnicity, split evenly between Asians, Hispanics, and whites.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.