S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About This Forum Forum announcements plus how to do things like editing your user profile and dealing with images.

Old March 29th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #1
quadbob

Default How to Post Pictures in the SkateLog Forum

katie my wife having trouble getting the pictures up she's been at it all day will know luck any suggestions. she says there know way it can be this hard. to post pictures. she said she can make them go anywhere except here for some reason.

Last edited by quadbob; March 30th, 2008 at 02:40 AM.
quadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2008, 04:36 AM   #2
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

quadbob, here are some instructions for posting pictures in the SkateLog Forum:
http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...read.php?t=476

I hope that helps! If you're still having problems posting photos after reading those instructions be sure to let me know.

- Kathie
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 02:32 AM   #3
quadbob

Default oh well

it's not that important anyway, we've tried everything and still nothing. thanks but we already read the page you gave us. and still nothing read it again and the same. no biggy! i really don't post any pictures anyway. but thanks.
quadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 01:32 PM   #4
BleeckerSt_Girl

I had a hard time as well.
For some reason it wouldn't work by linking to my photos on Picasa, my chosen web-based personal photo albums site. I actually had to load my photos onto my OWN website, and then link to those. That worked and displayed them in my posts. This forum does not allow the display of photos that are on 'other peoples' sites. Photobucket does seem to work for the members here though...however, I don't really want to join photobucket just so I can post photos here. So I'll just have to upload any photos I want to display here onto my personal website.
I have not had these problems on other similar forums, and have been able to display photos in my posts from my Picasa albums and from any other website as well. Maybe someone abused the display function in the past and it was tightened up for that reason?
Old April 2nd, 2008, 02:01 PM   #5
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Quote:
For some reason it wouldn't work by linking to my photos on Picasa
Some Web sites won't let people hot-link to photos, and perhaps Picasa is one of them. There's nothing special about this forum that blocks Picasa images. I know Flickr will let users hot link to their photos, so anybody having trouble with hot linking might try uploading their pics to Flickr.

- Kathie

PS: I would be very happy to personally help anybody who is having trouble posting images in the forum. I'm sure we can figure out a way to make it work! If anyone would like some help just send me a PM (private message) in this forum or send email to kathiefry@skatelog.com.
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote