S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2018, 03:14 PM   #1
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,004
Default White privilege

This made up term doesn't apply to me. I worked for what I have. Worked with people of many colors and most are friends and always will be. I didnt have my jobs handed to me, in the techical/troubleshooters world you are only going to be around if you are good enough to do that job. I worked well with all the techs in various companies and am still in contact with most. During all this race was never an issue, only competancy in the specific field.
I earned my technical jobs, EARNED, not bi...ch about unfairness because of color. The other techs of many colors I have worked with are cut from the same cloth, color never came into consideration. Either you are capable or you are not.
Being lazy, not driven, incompetant or playing the race card gains no traction around our groups. Sing it like a songbird, it will get you nothing.
White privilege may exist with rich people, or small businesses, but not where I have worked and no privilege when I was growing up.
Going around looking for things to point out,"thats racist", "thats white privilege", that is a tool set up by certain people to make sure people's focus is on approving the hunt for crap to classify as racist or privilege. If half of these people put their time into positive things, learning new things, learning and advancing their knowledge instead of beating the the poor dead horse, the world would be much better.
If you work in electronics, automotive, machines, management, etc., do you hire a dumb... know nothing for $30/hr or a person with paperwork and proven knowledge for the job? Do you hire a person with knowledge/experience with a big chip on their shoulder? Chip lost out! Ill look for a good fit with talent every time. A person does themselves a huge disservice putting the racism chip forefront in their minds, they handicapp themselves. There is only so much room in the brain, eliminate the nagative crap and get to work, your talent will be rewarded.
As for non work related interactions, I take a leak just like anyone else. I dont do much social stuff other than skating. I enjoy metalworking and designing stuff. Is that racist too? Should I worry about that?
What I do in my spare time... hmm, what I eat, clothes I wear.... you beat yourself up hunting for racism, that is a mental problem that is taught.
So there, again is the statement of what I believe. You don't agree fine. Dont go telling me what I believe or who I am, you don't walk in my shoes and really have no idea who I am. But dont come to me with a race card expecting credit either.

I just dont get the concept... if you put it in a pie chart.... how much of the pie slice is the hunt? In my mind I just dont have time to put a slice like that in my pie. So who puts that slice in peoples pie? I would be blaming them for instilling a resource killer in my thought. Like memory in a computer, a virus burning up memory and calculating power. Remove the virus, so you can get on with things.

Done talking to people that tell me who I am not.
Get over it and tough sh..
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2018, 04:01 PM   #2
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,004
Default What you dwell on is your master

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/0...e/#note-8929-1
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2018, 10:57 AM   #3
quantoo
Senior Member
 
quantoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,262
Default Well i think this might be whats going on

Youve said before you would defend your home against scumbags
and if you had to shoot in self defense you would .Your not too happy about people crossing the border {rightly so}and working cheap stealing the jobs that belong to americas kids /cleaning waiting etc.
So i think ursle and wired might have assumed you meant black people/ south americans were the perpetraiters in all these cenarios . which to me seems like ursle and wired makeing themselves the real racists for assuming that only black people or espanics rob your house or assault people.
Racist card is always thrown at you without thinking by a few members.
Its just a cheap trick "name calling" when you have nothing left in the tank to say.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2018, 11:29 AM   #4
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
Youve said before you would defend your home against scumbags
and if you had to shoot in self defense you would .Your not too happy about people crossing the border {rightly so}and working cheap stealing the jobs that belong to americas kids /cleaning waiting etc.
So i think ursle and wired might have assumed you meant black people/ south americans were the perpetraiters in all these cenarios . which to me seems like ursle and wired makeing themselves the real racists for assuming that only black people or espanics rob your house or assault people.
Racist card is always thrown at you without thinking by a few members.
Its just a cheap trick "name calling" when you have nothing left in the tank to say.
If a person goes out of their way to break the law, such as a break in, how could that be a color thing? Because it won't matter what the scumbag's color is, they will all bleed red. When I went to get my ltc, several of my friends were doing the same thing, they were hispanic, black, white, indian, male and female. Protecting yourself and home is not a color thing. All of them had nice weapons too.
It just seems to me that some people live in a bubble, a bubble that uses terms as they grow up to train those people to waste brainpower on bs instead of using the same brainpower to excell and have a happy life. I'll just keep on rejecting adding that kind of thought control to my life. Every person has the right to reject that kind of negativity, it's a waste of time.
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2018, 12:04 PM   #5
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 2,795
Default

White privilege is a systemic cultural reality that Each person can either choose to ignore, or choose to acknowledge and attempt to change. It has nothing to do with their worth as a person or their own personal struggle.

Got that?
It’s not about your personal struggles.

There are many types of privilege: economic privilege, gender privilege, heterosexual privilege, and of course... racial privilege. “White privilege” is simply an interchangeable term for racial privilege, and refers only to race, not to other privileges a person may have been born into.

If a person supports and encourages others to support a racist, narcissist, lying cheat, (President Trump)...The person is a Racist, probably also a Narcissist, and the Dunning-Kruger effect definitly comes into play, judging by that persons choices, they obviously lack the ability to comprehend realistic situations concerning social issues, they don’t realize they are Racist.


In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority comes from the metacognitive inability of low-ability people to recognize their lack of ability; without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.

On the other hand, people of high ability may incorrectly assume that tasks that are easy for them are also easy for other people, or that other people will have a similar understanding of subjects that they themselves are experienced in.

As described by social psychologists David Dunning and Justin Kruger in 1999, the cognitive bias of illusory superiority results from an internal illusion in people of low ability and from an external misperception in people of high ability; that is, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others."
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2018, 04:32 PM   #6
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,004
Default Upon reflection...

Its rather ironic. I have had in the past in different places of employment supervisors of different race. Out of those jobs, the most racist was a hispanic. He moved all his buddies to the day shift. He modified their time sheets when they were late and tallied everone elses time up if they were late. This guy had more hispanics in that job than whites, blacks or others.
T. Now, out of all the "black" supervisors I had, none treated me bad. They were good to all their employees. They hired whoever they wished and had final say in firing if needed. So why is it that there were so few people of their race there? Would they have kept their jobs if they had hired people without talent? Why were most of the people working for these different companies mostly white or other? Color or competency?
Edit: out of all my job history therr werr 2 guys that stood out as having positions that fidnt deserve them. One was hispanic and the other white. The white guy got the job by default, no one else there but hr had very little talent in the new position. The hispanic forged his resume'
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....

Last edited by fierocious1; May 21st, 2018 at 06:29 PM.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 12:07 AM   #7
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,004
Default

Sorry about the mis-spellings, my laptop is being used (for months now) elsewhere. I hate tabs keyboards.
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 12:22 PM   #8
quantoo
Senior Member
 
quantoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,262
Default for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
If a person goes out of their way to break the law, such as a break in, how could that be a color thing? Because it won't matter what the scumbag's color is, they will all bleed red. When I went to get my ltc, several of my friends were doing the same thing, they were hispanic, black, white, indian, male and female. Protecting yourself and home is not a color thing. All of them had nice weapons too.
It just seems to me that some people live in a bubble, a bubble that uses terms as they grow up to train those people to waste brainpower on bs instead of using the same brainpower to excell and have a happy life. I'll just keep on rejecting adding that kind of thought control to my life. Every person has the right to reject that kind of negativity, it's a waste of time.
You have the right to protect yourself no matter what race the enemy is.If somebody is there to cause you harm they are the enemy.
We dont have that right here and what your opposition dont understand is we{aussies} are guinea pigs for laws that the democrats in particular want to implement in the USA.
What most australians dont understand is that America is not Australia."Its just Not Guys"
Our media here are so anti gun but at the same time bitch and complain about the violent car jackings
Now you guys avoided becoming part of the brittish commonwealth before but if people keep batting for the other team you will be part of the brittish commonweath ,at least law wise.
Dont know what youve got till its gone .
You could need to carry a pistol because mountain lions are deadly.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...shington-state
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 12:41 PM   #9
quantoo
Senior Member
 
quantoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,262
Default well the vibe i get when you write this stuff is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
White privilege is a systemic cultural reality that Each person can either choose to ignore, or choose to acknowledge and attempt to change. It has nothing to do with their worth as a person or their own personal struggle.

Got that?
It’s not about your personal struggles.

There are many types of privilege: economic privilege, gender privilege, heterosexual privilege, and of course... racial privilege. “White privilege” is simply an interchangeable term for racial privilege, and refers only to race, not to other privileges a person may have been born into.

If a person supports and encourages others to support a racist, narcissist, lying cheat, (President Trump)...The person is a Racist, probably also a Narcissist, and the Dunning-Kruger effect definitly comes into play, judging by that persons choices, they obviously lack the ability to comprehend realistic situations concerning social issues, they don’t realize they are Racist.


In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority comes from the metacognitive inability of low-ability people to recognize their lack of ability; without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.

On the other hand, people of high ability may incorrectly assume that tasks that are easy for them are also easy for other people, or that other people will have a similar understanding of subjects that they themselves are experienced in.

As described by social psychologists David Dunning and Justin Kruger in 1999, the cognitive bias of illusory superiority results from an internal illusion in people of low ability and from an external misperception in people of high ability; that is, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others."
These experts are better than us because of higher education.
Think of this, it wasnt an early school leaver that invented the atom bomb.

Tell me about being juded by race?
I had a bloke on a building site from english decent say to me and your proud of that?
You know that was about?
It was because i admitted to being aboriginal.
Any wonder my grandma told my mum and siblings to never tell anyone they were aboriginal.
So yeah i agree that some races give other races a hand up or a thumbs down .Yes there is an aspect of unequal opportunity, but i aint crying about it.

What i believe ferociuos was stating was completely the opposite by being unpatronising towards african americans etc.
He said a fair go for everyone who gives it a go.
And if anyone wants a free ride regardless of race they can jump in the lake.
Funny how ferocious has said that so many different ways its not funny.But whats funny is how some of youse are so blind and can only call him a racist,
instead of actually understanding what he wrote.
I left school halfway through year 9 and i can understand that .
Youse guys praise higher education and cant understand plain american.
Any wonder i dont trust word twisting highly educated people.
FEED THE BEAST
Wanna know what feed the beast is?

Last edited by quantoo; May 23rd, 2018 at 10:09 AM.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 10:15 AM   #10
quantoo
Senior Member
 
quantoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,262
Default well i will enlighten the upper tier ignoramises now

Feed the beast is when every fool pumps all their efforts in to making the corrupt wealthy wealthier.
The system has been designed that way.
You see the new immigrant doin well and its plastered everywhere with footnotes stating that if you follow the yellow brick road youll get a slice of the pie.
By the time you get there all you get is what you aready had.
But the journey has given the designers of the system a free comfy ride.
They are laughing at you guys man whilst they are trying to put an end to people like me.
So heres your diploma strawman .
Heres your heart tin man .
Thanks for being so courages already lion.
Feed the beast guys and youll just perish like every other fool in the end anyway .
MMMMWaaaaaaaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 11:25 PM   #11
AZSHOT
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 164
Default

I prefer to think of success as a result of effort. I.E.

Ambition privilege - work hard for what you want, and you'll get it. Blame no one but yourself if you fail at life in 2000s America.
AZSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 01:20 AM   #12
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSHOT View Post
I prefer to think of success as a result of effort. I.E.

Ambition privilege - work hard for what you want, and you'll get it. Blame no one but yourself if you fail at life in 2000s America.
Exactly!

An example that I remembered from about 12 years ago. I went to a barber shop in Jersy Village, just outside of Houston. I asked for a haircut. Ok says the guy. So I go over and have a seat to wait. I looked around and all the barber chairs were empty. No one called me or checked on me. I waited a little while, not paying much attention, found a magazine and was checking it out. Then things got loud and I looked up to see several guys playing a video game on a fairly large lcd tv (not so common at the time). I looked closer, no one was paying any attention to me waiting. No one else was getting a haircut. I walked out. I said to myself, these guys will be out of business soon. A couple of months later I csme back through the area and sure enough, they were gone. The way those guys were going at the game, they didnt deserve to be in business.
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 08:51 AM   #13
quantoo
Senior Member
 
quantoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,262
Talking too positive you guys

Yeah success through hard work happens occasionaly.
I can give 1 example where it didnt.
Farmer invents engine that runs on water.
farmer wont sell to oil companys.
farmer mysteriously dies.
Brother inherits patent and idea.
oil company heavy handedly offers to buy idea again .
brother sells.
oil company has 1 more alternative fuel engine in glass cabinet doing nothing .

And whilst you getting closer to success through hard work your being clipped all the way to bank.
Thats the framework i was pointing out.
The framework is the parameters of which we are allowed to operate in .
But the super powerfull are outside the box laughing at most of us struggling to get somwhere.
Its nice to have buddys that make the rules.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 11:51 AM   #14
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSHOT View Post
I prefer to think of success as a result of effort. I.E.

Ambition privilege - work hard for what you want, and you'll get it. Blame no one but yourself if you fail at life in 2000s America.
If a person has ambition in their mind instead of negative garbage, the results of living are way better.
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2018, 09:48 AM   #15
quantoo
Senior Member
 
quantoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,262
Default you will do a little better by being positive

but you realize there is ceiling right?
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2018, 12:55 PM   #16
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
but you realize there is ceiling right?
There always a ceiling, some ceilings are lower than others... usually it is due to ambition and and comfort level. My comfort level is pretty nice right now....
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2018, 05:49 AM   #17
quantoo
Senior Member
 
quantoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,262
Default And after ww2

people forgot real quick once they were comfortable.
The 50s arrived with big winged cars n rockroll which helped peeps forget the things that world owners made people do.
Never let your gaurd down as those power mungers are keeping us in check.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2018, 02:52 PM   #18
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 2,795
Default

Perfect, the ad at the top of the page is a link to an IQ test, Iím glad the ad placement agency has a good sense of humor....and targets ineptness and makes lite of it

Whatís worse than a racist?

A racist that thinks they arenít.

Whatís worse than a racist?

A racist that doesnít understand the term racist.

Whatís worse than a racist?

Nothing....
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2018, 05:46 PM   #19
Mcostello
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lancaster,Ohio
Posts: 139
Default

What's worse than a racist?


A racist that thinks They are right and everyone else is a racist but Them. A mote in Your neighbors eye and all that..........
Mcostello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2018, 12:20 AM   #20
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 2,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcostello View Post
What's worse than a racist?


A racist that thinks They are right and everyone else is a racist but Them. A mote in Your neighbors eye and all that..........

Introducing rabid religion into a racist thread is akin to pouring gas on a fire.

Well, actually, why donít you take a seat in that dark corner, if you donít understand the problem, you might not be any help toward a solution, and your motivation may be racism.

I suppose itís (racism) rather like ďeither windĒ if you have no idea what it is...you never will.

But different, racism is in the mind, either wind is in the soul
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.