S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About This Forum Forum announcements plus how to do things like editing your user profile and dealing with images.

Old February 1st, 2009, 08:47 PM   #1
desertkiwi
Make It Happen

Default ***Solved*** Help! My SLF World is Shrinking!

Or, rather, has shrunk. I was just reading a thread this morning on SLF when all of a sudden the site went into this hyper-tiny display mode like when you choose too high a display resolution on too small a monitor. Other sites I visit are fine and look the same as they always have. It's just affecting SLF. I checked the setting on my browser (Firefox) and it's still set to allow the webpage to control the display. Has anybody else experienced this? You know how sometimes people reduce the font side to '1' to make there snippy little remarks? Now imagine the entire post being that size! If anybody can help me with this, I'll be your friend forever!

Tawni

Last edited by desertkiwi; February 2nd, 2009 at 10:31 PM. Reason: I dun figgered er out
desertkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 01:29 AM   #2
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Default Strange SkateLog Forum Display Problem

Just FYI everybody, Tawni reported this problem to me, and since I've never heard of it happening before, I thought maybe one of you folks could help us figure out what is happening to her display (and why) when she connects to the SkateLog Forum.

This is a strange one!

- Kathie
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 01:33 AM   #3
sk82day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathie Fry View Post
Just FYI everybody, Tawni reported this problem to me, and since I've never heard of it happening before, I thought maybe one of you folks could help us figure out what is happening to her display (and why) when she connects to the SkateLog Forum.

This is a strange one!

- Kathie
I have not experienced this on SLF, but I had it happen to me the other day on a different forum, Newspaper site. Its really weird the font size drops to like 2 pts smaller than norm and the box the posts are in stays the same size. Again it hasnt happened to me here on SLF though.
sk82day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:55 AM   #4
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk82day View Post
I have not experienced this on SLF, but I had it happen to me the other day on a different forum, Newspaper site. Its really weird the font size drops to like 2 pts smaller than norm and the box the posts are in stays the same size. Again it hasnt happened to me here on SLF though.
only goes into supertiny mode when I try to get a slf fix on my cell phone I'm funning fire fox 2&just upgraded to rev3 diplay is running 1920x1200
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:29 PM   #5
desertkiwi
Make It Happen

Default *** Problem Solved ***

User error...sort of.

Somehow I inadvertently activated a Firefox hotkey sequence which zooms the screen view in or out:

<ctrl><+> = zoom your view in (make stuff on your screen larger) or
<ctrl><-> = zoom your view out (which is what I did somehow without realizing it)

Ok, so now everyone with Firefox try this cool feature which you've probably never used nor needed to. For those of you in to doing everything with the mouse, click on View|Zoom then either in or out.

This absolutely worthless Firefox tip is the first and, hopefully, last in a series called, "Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than Your Computer"

Tawni
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:34 PM   #6
janneman

Lightbulb auto-read-too-much

lol i thought this was your automatic script that prevents you from skating too little and butt-sitting too much behind the pc!

this works in explorer 7 as well by the way. dunno about chrome, have not tried yet.
Old February 14th, 2009, 04:56 AM   #7
micro

If you're lazy to press + and -, just scroll the wheel on the mouse with the Ctrl button depressed.

Get's the job done too. I use it on scrawny letters in people's blogs.
micro is offline   Reply With Quote