S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum > Advertising Forum Guidelines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: a "POSITIVE SALE FEEDBACK" sticky Thread for Buy/Sell forums
For the idea 9 39.13%
against the idea 14 60.87%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 17th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #1
SwisherTONE
I 'do' Swisher Sweet #143

Location: North Los Angeles Quad Speed Skater www.SwisherSkate.com SWISHER Skating Products (coming soon)
Default Possible "POSITIVE FEEDBACK" Sticky Thread???

There's been a lot of 'Friction' lately due to some incidences regarding the buy/sell forums; some Skate Log members geting 'shafted' in regards to not getting their product, some (out of their frustrations) breaking forum 'Buy/Sell' rules by publicly posting they're frustrations, etc, etc. Blaze' Blah

Kathie has a big responsibility in just simply owning and operating this site. I highly doubt that she wants to be inundated with having to sort through the stressful-ness and Drama of said possible incidences.

SOOO, I have an idea (and maybe it's been touched on before... but...here goes):

What about if we just have a 'sticky thread' titled "POSITIVE SALE FEEDBACK" with instructions that say that the thread is to post positive sale experiences ONLY between loggers here on SLF. Meaning, that there would be NO NEGATIVE posts ALLOWED in the thread. The thread would strictly be to post positive feedback from sales experiences out of the buy/sell forums. This way any member(potential 'buyer') can go to the search function and type in the 'sellers' name and if there's any positive feedback attached to that 'seller', then it'll show a post or posts in the POSITIVE SALE FEEDBACK thread.

That way if any member who is thinking of buying something from another member has any questions whether the seller is 'trust worthy, timely, etc, etc, then they'll be able to find that info in this new sticky Thread.

So I've created a poll; 'for' or 'against' this type of sticky thread here on SLF. Though I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't want this, unless it was someone thinking of not doing something right. Let's see what the outcome is Just trying to help

P.S. - it would be the responsibility of the buyer to post positive feedback for the seller, and visa versa

I <3 Speed Skating & Derby ~ Swisher Sweet#143 (best Jammer EVER)
SwisherTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #2
bolivia

Did you run this by Kathie first? Seems to me this would have been a prudent first move. I doubt any mod would make it a sticky unless Kathie approves of the idea.
bolivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #3
swolltitan
Getting Back Into It

I guess people just don't read rules or the 50 other threads about the same thing.
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #4
SwisherTONE

Location: North Los Angeles Quad Speed Skater www.SwisherSkate.com SWISHER Skating Products (coming soon)

Ya know what, it's really not even worth responding to that... I erased what I initially wrote; I'm bigger than that and nicer person than that..

Have a nice day

Old May 17th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #5
bolivia

wow..
bolivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #6
SwisherTONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolivia View Post
wow..
Yeah Bol... that's what I've been driven to by some peoples attitudes... it wasn't directed at you

Old May 17th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #7
jromero0205

Posting positive feedback only wouldn't give you the whole picture. If a seller sells many items and half the transactions are bad then the seller would come out looking good with all the positive feedback.
jromero0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #8
swolltitan
Getting Back Into It

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisherTONE View Post
Ya know what, it's really not even worth responding to that... I erased what I initially wrote; I'm bigger than that and nicer person than that..

Have a nice day
So you're saying the pole malcom made already doesn't show what you want?
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #9
SwisherTONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jromero0205 View Post
Posting positive feedback only wouldn't give you the whole picture. If a seller sells many items and half the transactions are bad then the seller would come out looking good with all the positive feedback.
J, this is very true... but I don't know how else to get around it. Can't make it where bad feed back is given because of forum rules, but at the same time it's nice to hear someone say something good about a sale... I don't know

Old May 17th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #10
SwisherTONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by swolltitan View Post
So you're saying the pole malcom made already doesn't show what you want?
So what? I didn't find it when I looked... BIG deal. So you see another one(poll)... what's the point of being a smart @55 about it? If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything, that's all I'm sayin.

Old May 17th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #11
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
I guess people just don't read rules or the 50 other threads about the same thing.
Guess not. Well, I am not touching this one.
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #12
WildStyle
style skater

I don't see how this could violate any rules.
It would at least give folks a list of KNOWN responsible buyers and sellers on here.
Because I honestly don't think using the "Search" button is going to give you as much info as having a thread of positive feedback on folks.
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #13
SwisherTONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildStyle View Post
I don't see how this could violate any rules.
It would at least give folks a list of KNOWN responsible buyers and sellers on here.
Because I honestly don't think using the "Search" button is going to give you as much info as having a thread of positive feedback on folks.
Exactly Keith, and in my opinion (just an opinion) anyone who has an issue with something that would just produce 'good things or good information' is shady in my book. I'm a straight honest shooter. If I make a commitment, I stick to it. Just wanna see how many others like that are here on this forum. Like you Bruh

Old May 17th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #14
swolltitan
Getting Back Into It

Quote:
So what? I didn't find it when I looked... BIG deal. So you see another one(poll)... what's the point of being a smart @55 about it? If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything, that's all I'm sayin.
So you only want people to respond to your post if they agree? You should be able to handle positive and negative feed back to any idea if you post it in a public forum.

In response to your thread, kathie has said its not going to happen. If people keep pushing, we are going to lose the whole for sale section. That is the rule breaker, because she has said it in every other thread about it.

She would rather do w/o the for sale section in the first place, but leaves just that up as a courtesy.

And if you just search "Poll Feedback" it's the 3rd post...
http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...=poll+feedback

But regardless of what people want with this, its not going to happen. What's so hard to understand about that? It's either keep it as it is, or no for sale section. Those are the 2 options we have.
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:19 PM   #15
rsfaze
Old School™

Quote:
J, this is very true... but I don't know how else to get around it. Can't make it where bad feed back is given because of forum rules, but at the same time it's nice to hear someone say something good about a sale... I don't know
The way to get around it is to respect the rules the forum owner has put forth NO FEEDBACK SECTION! I'm not sure how that could be any clearer. Positive feedback is still feedback...

We need the emotion icon banging his head against a brick wall
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #16
SwisherTONE

Quote:
So you only want people to respond to your post if they agree? You should be able to handle positive and negative feed back to any idea if you post it in a public forum.

In response to your thread, kathie has said its not going to happen. If people keep pushing, we are going to lose the whole for sale section. That is the rule breaker, because she has said it in every other thread about it.
NOOOO, if you read the initial post, the poll was put forth to get an idea of how people felt about it, thus the topics: "Agree" or "Disagree".

The problem I have, is with people who are so immature that all they know how to do when they don't like or agree with something, is to talk smack and demean people, those are the people who IMO can't handle there own selves, and have no decent training in how to handle themselves properly in a public setting... I guess it's all in the upbringing, so you really can't blame 'them'.

It's just sad that people are sooooo damn bored with themselves that they have to look for opportunities to make others miserable too. smh. It's really a shame... grown people too. Not you Swoll, I'm talking about other people.

Quote:

And if you just search "Poll Feedback" it's the 3rd post...
http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...=poll+feedback

But regardless of what people want with this, its not going to happen. What's so hard to understand about that? It's either keep it as it is, or no for sale section. Those are the 2 options we have.
Well this was an idea for a different 'spin' on a Feedback section. Not an either / or Feedback section, but a strictly Positive Feedback thread...

Anyway, back to the poll... it's just peoples opinions about the topic, that's all

Old May 18th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #17
swolltitan
Getting Back Into It

You sir are a funny guy.

Kathie has said in MANY posts that its do it her way or no way. But people still say I have an idea to FIX the forums. My response to your initial post was one of annoyance that people keep posting ways to fix the forums.

It is a very simple thing to get if you understand that this is not a Majority Rules forum. Its a) We get Buy/Sale thread and no feed back or b) We get nothing.

Now if you are posting this because you are just curious as to what people want, but know that there is no possible way that it will ever be applied in this forum... then I offer my most humblest apology for derailing your thread and I'll be happy to vote.
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:11 AM   #18
TimJenkins

why don't we just leave a note on somebody's profile 'wall' on here when we have a good or bad experience?

if you're buying from someone that has 30 negative messages on their profile, you may want to re-think the transaction.
TimJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #19
SwisherTONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJenkins View Post
why don't we just leave a note on somebody's profile 'wall' on here when we have a good or bad experience?

if you're buying from someone that has 30 negative messages on their profile, you may want to re-think the transaction.
Dude, that's an excellent idea. Wish I would have thought of that. If you're a seller, ask the buyer to kindly go and place good feed back on your profile page if they were happy with the transaction. Great idea Tim!

Old May 18th, 2012, 02:54 AM   #20
rsfaze
Old School™

Quote:
Dude, that's an excellent idea. Wish I would have thought of that. If you're a seller, ask the buyer to kindly go and place good feed back on your profile page if they were happy with the transaction. Great idea Tim!
What part about not having feedback don't you get? The moment you leave feedback on someones wall it's going to start an argument which is the very reason Kathie the OWNER of this forum has said repeatly there is to be no feedback. You either know who you are dealing with or don't do business with them. If you are too lazy to ask other members about a seller, then go to ebay.

People deliberately going around trying to circumvent Kathie's policy is only threatening the whole for sale section being removed. You clearly don't care if there is a for sale forum, but other do so give it a rest.