S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About This Forum Forum announcements plus how to do things like editing your user profile and dealing with images.

Old March 20th, 2017, 10:32 PM   #1
gewoon_rik

Default Way too long Introduction...

Hello everybody,
To start, an introduction...
My name is Rik De Blick, born 1982 in Antwerp, Belgium so an almost old man by now... well almost 35 so a nice age at least... hahaha... 1982 means I'm kinda the "first generation" of inline skaters... the days before the internet existed, we just got out of school, jumped in our skates and got home when it got dark... we had no half pipes and stuff (I didn't grow up in a city) we had a basketballfield and either bauers or ultrawheels... i had ultrawheels to start, and bought a pair of 2nd hands K2 fatty from a close friend... around that time girls began to become more interresting then skates, so I threw them in the closet, thinking they would never ever come out...In 2007 I became father of our oldest daughter Femke, and in 2009 Kyra got born... and last summer they popped the question... can we have rollerskates???
Thinking they would fall one time and throw them in the trash, we went to a 2nd handstore to buy them their first rollerskates... we went to a local club and registered for a year...by the end of the year they still loved it, and asked me to come with... they got new skates and I grabbed my K2 fatty s out of the closet... man... I missed those things on my feet!! The good thing... I still got it... so the first time I put them back on again all plastic straps broke off and I taped them with ducktape... trainer told me the brand he loves to work with is powerslide, so I bought a pair of powerslide reign II on skatepro,unfortunately I bought them too big in size so I sold them, and since this sunday... woot woot powerslide megacruizer 125mm (white and blue) and to be honest... I love them! Can't wait to go outdoor and speed up! Do bigger tours, learn a bit more freestyle and learn from all of you! This kinda was my introduction, I really hope to learn a lot here!
Have a nice day/night all!
gewoon_rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 04:13 AM   #2
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Great to Have You, Great Note

Hi

First Off let me give you this other link in SkateLog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathie Fry View Post
This is an invitation to all of our forum visitors to introduce yourselves to the rest of the group. o -o - Kathie
No problem posting an intro elsewhere, it happens all the time and us regulars deal with it nicely, mostly.. After all we are skaters and slide sideways, and skate sideways and do rails and stuff.

I got to tell you that your experience coming back reminds me of mine with my last boy. He had to go to a skating thing with scouting and I got to pull out my old skates (quads not blades) and learned once again how much the craziness that is skating is exciting.

Also I bought my first roller blades (yes the brand) about the same time as you and was outside skating on blades. My son did not like that I skated so well and easily.. Yet a former chemical engineer and bridge player who was older, could skate the pants off me. Boy, being older and with good equipment even in the 80s Don P (not Dick) was fast and fearless including going downhill. By the way he was very very conservative otherwise, yet did publish a hiking trails book that was a masterpiece and best seller in our local community.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave

Edit-01 DonP not Dick and a little bit about this InLine IceSkater Don.

Last edited by MANY_SkatingDave; March 23rd, 2017 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Don P not Dick
MANY_SkatingDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, megacruizer, powerslide