S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old April 9th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #61
BorisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipe View Post
I see that the mounting blocks are also moved forward, is your Seba 255mm frame well centered ?
But the most important: do they solve your ankle pain problem ?
They did not leave Korea yet. I wanted some T-shirts added to the box which delayed shipping but I hope that early this week Captain Yang will send them.

Mounting blocks are centered according to a 243mm Seba frame, I hope it will work well for me. Mounting of 243 and 255mm Seba frames is the same, the only difference is distance between axles.
BorisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #62
jipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisB View Post
They did not leave Korea yet. I wanted some T-shirts added to the box which delayed shipping but I hope that early this week Captain Yang will send them.

Mounting blocks are centered according to a 243mm Seba frame, I hope it will work well for me. Mounting of 243 and 255mm Seba frames is the same, the only difference is distance between axles.

Yes, if it is centered for the 243, it will also be centered for the 255.

For the T-shirts, I got one with my Harimau too but the sizes are Korean sizes = smaller than European sizes, take at least one size bigger than you take in Europe.
jipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #63
BorisB

The boots arrived this Tuesday, shipping was crazy quick (Thursday sent by Captain Yang from Seoul, Friday at airport in Incheon, Saturday in customs office in Slovakia, Tuesday in my happy hands).

Picture below shows how I mounted the frame. I can't quite decide on the position, either this or one hole forward. I think most people prefer (if there are 2 reasonable options to choose from) to go with front wheel sticking slightly in front, but I'll yet have to see.

I think before passing any sort of deeper judgement I will skate for at least 2 weeks in them. But most importantly:
- I do not feel malleolus pain!
- They are stiff and light and very reactive
- I am able to skate with confidence - on iGor I felt completely puzzled and had lot of pain for the first couple of practices, which I think confirms that iGor boot is not compatible with my feet, which in turn confirms my legs are plain bad - contrary to all my friends who simply love their iGors.
- I do have some pain issues here and there at several spots (e.g. toenails and rear edge of the boot especially when standing on toes), but the edge of the boot was painful on iGor as well before it softened up... I think these small issues will solve themselves.
- I would prefer to be able to tighten the boot a bit more in the buckle area, but anytime I do it and start to skate the buckle snaps back. Again I hope this will improve as the boot softens up a bit.

Today I had a lucky day and sold my iGors to a colleague at work who found them very nice and comfortable. He is not a slalom skater but plays ice hockey so he liked the stiff boot (he tried also my old Highs and found them too heavy - I guess if you are used to ice skates that is understandable).
BorisB is offline   Reply With Quote