S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2018, 03:59 PM   #1
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,736
Default outdoor track

I found the dimensions for a regulation USARS track. I want to skate a bit harder and will be looking for outdoor smooth cement to work out on. Hopefully find a big, flat and wide enough parking lot to get it done. Layout the lot in chalk and put down very small permanent paint markers for the cones. I need more than once a week now. The pavilions in town are too small. Also will be able to do timed runs and testing. Mainly just having fun going fast.
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2018, 08:07 PM   #2
Sunnyape
-- rufff --
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sid-a-knee, Australia
Posts: 60
Default Netball courts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
I found the dimensions for a regulation USARS track. I want to skate a bit harder and will be looking for outdoor smooth cement to work out on. Hopefully find a big, flat and wide enough parking lot to get it done. Layout the lot in chalk and put down very small permanent paint markers for the cones. I need more than once a week now. The pavilions in town are too small. Also will be able to do timed runs and testing. Mainly just having fun going fast.
I've found a set of netball courts not far from me that have been made from really fine grade bitumen that has been rolled very smooth. They have a mild tilt for water drainage, but apart from that are perfect for some space to wind things up.
Sunnyape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2018, 08:17 PM   #3
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyape View Post
I've found a set of netball courts not far from me that have been made from really fine grade bitumen that has been rolled very smooth. They have a mild tilt for water drainage, but apart from that are perfect for some space to wind things up.
You are lucky. Here in this town, I think the people approving parking lots and drainage/curbs have it out for skater and close to the ground street cars. I drove through here a couple of times in my Manta Mirage and had a hard time not grounding out the nose of the car going from street to parking lots. You really had to be strategic in how and where you went into a lot. Most lots around here are cement, but nearly all are slanted. There is one here, I just haven't found it yet..
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 03:42 AM   #4
amohrfeld
Senior Member
 
amohrfeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 285
Default

You might try a school. Google maps works well for this. Many years ago I skated inlines at an elementary school. It worked ok.
amohrfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 02:28 PM   #5
quantoo
Senior Member
 
quantoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,024
Default Had to jack my car up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
You are lucky. Here in this town, I think the people approving parking lots and drainage/curbs have it out for skater and close to the ground street cars. I drove through here a couple of times in my Manta Mirage and had a hard time not grounding out the nose of the car going from street to parking lots. You really had to be strategic in how and where you went into a lot. Most lots around here are cement, but nearly all are slanted. There is one here, I just haven't found it yet..
Our speed humps in shopping centre carparks would almost rip the muffers of the valiant,
It was legal height got sick of slowing right down so i shoved4 wheel drive wheels on it and lifted it approx 5 inches.
It actually looked cooler higher.

I got a great underground carpark near my work with concrete so smooth you can powerslide on it.
i can make any size rink on level 2
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2018, 02:03 AM   #6
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
Our speed humps in shopping centre carparks would almost rip the muffers of the valiant,
It was legal height got sick of slowing right down so i shoved4 wheel drive wheels on it and lifted it approx 5 inches.
It actually looked cooler higher.

I got a great underground carpark near my work with concrete so smooth you can powerslide on it.
i can make any size rink on level 2
Sweet! Everything around here is at and angle... I could slide one way only LOL
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.