S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum > Quad Vert
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Vert All kinds of aggressive skating on quad roller skates including quad vertical roller skating, quad bowl skating, quad skatepark tricks, and street skating tricks in quad skates.

Old April 12th, 2010, 12:07 AM   #1
RandySkates
I like things that roll

Thumbs up Great to see quad vert still alive

Great to see some quad vert skating still happening. I was way into it back in the mid 80's. These days I only skateboard on transitions, still quad skating in rinks though...
Here are a couple photos of me on the vert ramp at Kona skatepark, May 1985...

RandySkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 05:18 AM   #2
biffsk8er

Fantastic. Where did you skate and where are you now?
Any other pics / footage?
Old April 13th, 2010, 02:45 AM   #3
RandySkates
I like things that roll

Thanks - I skated vert ramps around Central Florida, east of Orlando. These are the best two IMO of only four pictures I have from those days. Such a bummer that I don't have more. I only had two until I got back in touch with a buddy on FaceBook and he had these Kona skatepark shots since he was one of the crew that rode up there with me. I was very stoked to get those two little pictures LOL. I could do nice extended handplants, that one pic is a miller flip so it's a little different as I don't get my body up over the coping as much.

I'm back in Central FL these days, skateboarding parks around here and rollerskating in the rinks. I would love to rollerskate the parks but my knees can't take the knee slides. The good thing about the skateboard is you can bail a trick and run out of it. On skates it's pretty much knee slide or die.

I have blown the PCL on both my knees (skateboarding), so have to be careful or I'll end up in surgery...
Old April 13th, 2010, 05:36 AM   #4
biffsk8er

I can relate! My left knee is pretty sore right now from a hit I took skating tonight. I'm real stoked though, as I landed a mizou grind on an oververt pool coping clamshell.

I'd like to see the other two pics, even though they are not as nice as your other two. Any old school pics are always welcome here. Our community needs to share what we had and what we are now. The history is a good thing to relish.

Also go to http://www.adinfinitum.de/php/index....e=Vert-Skating. It is a skater forum strictly for quad skaters from all over the world. It is my favorite quad forum.
Old April 16th, 2010, 10:35 PM   #5
Elysarian
Ex-Pat Wiganer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandySkates View Post
Thanks - I skated vert ramps around Central Florida, east of Orlando. These are the best two IMO of only four pictures I have from those days. Such a bummer that I don't have more. I only had two until I got back in touch with a buddy on FaceBook and he had these Kona skatepark shots since he was one of the crew that rode up there with me. I was very stoked to get those two little pictures LOL. I could do nice extended handplants, that one pic is a miller flip so it's a little different as I don't get my body up over the coping as much.

I'm back in Central FL these days, skateboarding parks around here and rollerskating in the rinks. I would love to rollerskate the parks but my knees can't take the knee slides. The good thing about the skateboard is you can bail a trick and run out of it. On skates it's pretty much knee slide or die.

I have blown the PCL on both my knees (skateboarding), so have to be careful or I'll end up in surgery...
Love the pics, reminds me of doing similar things myself back in the 80's - my local rink had a half-pipe and we used to annoy the 'boarders by going on there in our quads (mine were the pair that are in my profile pic, still skate in them today).

I can also relate to your injury, I blew both knees in the same way while doing silly stuff on the half pipe without any pads I still get aches in them now 25 years later...

Hence these days I stick to session skating and quad speed so I don't end up in surgery with my knees - besides, my rink doesn't have the pipe anymore lol.

Now with added Daughter!
Elysarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #6
RandySkates
I like things that roll

I'm happy I'm still able to skateboard at 42 yrs old. I know eventually I'll have to take it down a notch but you gotta live life right?

Here's the only other two pics I have from my quad vert days. This is a big back yard vert ramp in Florida circa 1986.

Old April 17th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #7
biffsk8er

Awesome.