S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Speed Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Events Announcements, reports, results, photos, and discussions about all types of speed skating events.

Old January 20th, 2014, 02:32 AM   #1
gopherfan

Default Losing the Montreal Inline Marathon

It looks like the Montreal Inline Marathon is in doubt for 2014. Last year it was held the same weekend as Napa, so there may be an alternative, though on the other side of the continent.

Message by the organizers:
After 8 years organizing the Marathon Roller of Montréal, the current team is focusing on other projects. In 2014, the Marathon will not be organized as in the previous years unless someone is willing to take over the lead for that event. The current team would support you, but cannot take the leadership. You can contact phil@mtlroller42k.com for further details.
gopherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 02:44 PM   #2
SkateMO

That's a shame...hate to see another "core race" be dropped.

A little off topic, but with Metrodome out, Texas Road Rash out, Montreal out, what does the racing schedule look like this summer?

Apostle, Chicago, Minnesota Half, Roll the River, Duluth, NY100K, A2A??

I know there are other more localized events (like Napa), but are these the primary bigger outdoor events?
SkateMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 03:33 PM   #3
theDonnybrook
Just trying to keep up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateMO View Post
That's a shame...hate to see another "core race" be dropped.

A little off topic, but with Metrodome out, Texas Road Rash out, Montreal out, what does the racing schedule look like this summer?

Apostle, Chicago, Minnesota Half, Roll the River, Duluth, NY100K, A2A??

I know there are other more localized events (like Napa), but are these the primary bigger outdoor events?
This is the schedule, provided the NY100k and A2A survive this year. NY100k didn't have chip timing last year, but it does have the support of the guy that runs MPC, so maybe it will happen anyway. You never know with A2A. I am grateful that most of that schedule is close to me. I am hoping to make Chicago, MN Half, and the NorthShore at the very least. I would love to make Apostle and/or Rolling on the River. The NY100k is on my bucket list if it stays around long enough. Same with A2A. Route 66 in Missouri may be on the schedule, also. That race has grown nicely over the last couple of years.
Old February 21st, 2014, 01:24 PM   #4
gopherfan

Well, good news from the Canadians today after yesterday's debacle of a Women's hockey Gold Medal game. If the men don't win today, four more years of stories of Olympic hockey from my friends to the north.

Dear skater,
We are happy to announce that a new team has been found, and that there will be an inline skating Marathon in Montreal area for 2014.
The event is scheduled for July 12th, 2014.
There will be even more races and a few changes on the time schedule: 42km, 20km, 10km and 3.2km race.
The names of the marathon have change for Marathon of Blainville.
For more info just look at the updated website www.marathonblainville.com
gopherfan is offline   Reply With Quote