S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old May 3rd, 2011, 12:13 AM   #81
Hazelnut

Every minute spent on skates is valuable to maintaining what you've gained so far and what you're yet to gain. It's good you went, even when you didn't feel up to going.

You're going to enjoy the new skate set ups.

Here is a new week beginning again. I hope it's a good one for us all.
Hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #82
CyCy

Default Days 24, 25, 26, 27

Hazel in answer to your question in one of the threads I skated about five to seven years, the last year infrequently. From around year 4 I was pretty consistent in figures and dance.

So....this week...days 24, 25, 26, 27.

Last Saturday I went to practice. Monica started coaching me, between her lessons...more encouragement and or telling me to stand up..things like that.

My routine is I arrive at the rink, roll around a few times to work out any kinks that I can and stretch my back which is beleaguered thanks to slave girl yard work coupled with being older. Then I roll around the circles. I don't play anymore. I try to focus.

Saturday it was clear I had reached a point where I could go no further on my own. I am starting to create problems for myself. Monica had some time and I asked her, "am I ready?". She replied in the affirmative. I told her okay, lets do it!

I believe in lessons if for nothing else than to have professional evaluate and let me know what's going on. What I feel isn't necessarily what I'm in fact doing with my body, my feet, my head, hands, shoulders.

Monday I worked towards focusing more intensely...trying to feel out individual movements, like transitions, take offs, inner edges which are still disastrous.

On a moving takeoff I fell. Doing a damned takeoff (I had to write that again, it's so galling). It seems I'm dragging my foot so my little toestop caught. Goodbye toestop on one foot. I'll just have to manage to get up if I fall again, which no doubt I will. (whine here) It's exhausting to fall. Adrenaline, the balancing act I have to do, the embarassment of falling at my age. For me, it adds up to wanting to cry. (end of whine) I got up and did more figures.

Tuesday, almost impossible to work, dance people took over the floor - getting close to regionals and they are national contenders. I tried to get some work done but I was hopelessly lazy, they were aggressively floorhogging and it was hot and muggy. I didn't stand my ground because I really didn't care. Got in about a half hour solid and went home. PS. If I really wanted to work, I could have.

Wednesday, day of first lesson!! Butterflies in my stomach! So nervous! We do initial take offs. On R takeoffs I'm crossing left foot behind tracing foot which is throwing my body out of whack. Felt good to focus, productive, to have a knowledgeable human being watching, stopping me, carefully instructiing, being critical without criticizing, telling me how I should feel, points to think about, new mantras to repeat. My left foot is good. My right is difficult, problematic, challenged!

I've never mentioned this but around five years ago I developed vertigo, an inner ear/balance issue. One night I woke in the middle of the night and I couldn't figure which way was up. It was terrifying.

But because it's infrequent and can be easily managed with medication and being aware of what I'm feeling I never thought it would affect what I do on skates because I assumed my vertigo came in "bouts" or "attacks" rather than being a permanent imbalance issue. After falling all over the place I've come to think it is something thats there and that I have to work within. I believe it's doable, workable and because I'm reminding and retraining my long forgotten muscle memory, I have to work within this confine. So okay. I am aware, I'll work on it and with it.

THIS WEEK: In the end, I have finally come to the place where my skating begins in earnest. And that makes me very happy....to have finally arrived at square one.

ONWARD!
CyCy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #83
slhallford
Loops, love the loops!

Woohoooo! I am so happy for you. You WILL do this.

And don't mind the dumb falling down stuff. It happens to EVERYONE. My favorite one ever was my husband standing on the carpet talking to a couple of derby girls. All of a sudden (FROM A STANDING STILL POSITION), he just fell down. It was awesomely hilarious to me. He didn't find it as funny as I did. I can't even tell you how many times I've fallen down or tripped over a toestop. It is MANY MANY times, to be sure.

S
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #84
CyCy

Oh Sarah, you're so cute! (laughing) love the woohoo's.

Yes...this week is a good week. I can live with the falling (so long as it doesn't happen TOO often). But I can see the goal beyond the obstacles rather than the other way around. And that's a feeling I've been hoping I'd feel.
Old May 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #85
Ancient1

SARAH!
I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EARS or EYE's... Did you really write that? The lady who skates with body armor!

Now that is so cool to hear. So where did I ever hear that mantra: "It happens to EVERYONE." That's another thing you have learned... Bully for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slhallford View Post
Woohoooo!
And don't mind the dumb falling down stuff. It happens to EVERYONE.

S
Old May 5th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #86
slhallford
Loops, love the loops!

Lol! Trust me when I say that those dancer's knee pads don't even come close to body armor. But, at the moment, they are tucked back into my bag since both knees are healed up. If I mangle them again, they will go back on. Probably around the time figure 7 gets serious.

S
Old May 6th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #87
Hazelnut

You can't possibly know whom you're inspiring at your rink, especially when you get right back up and try again. You're inspiring me each time I read your posts. I imagine skaters at your rink look up to you, too.

I have a "migraine brain" side effect from Humira, which is a necessary medication for me. I take two other meds and reduce as many triggers as I can to limit headache. I get dizzy while skating and doing other activities. The first times it happened, I was alarmed and scared. Now I think I'm used to it. Like you, I'm aware of it and am working on it and with it. I trust that it'll un-dizzy itself if I wait it out, and then I go back and try again. I keep hoping the skating will improve my brain. As you continue skating, maybe it'll help your dizziness in the long run, too.

Skating has to be good for all our body systems (well, except joints from falling, maybe) and should help us as we age. At least, that's how I justify the time I spend skating at this time in my life.

Is it both satisfying and exciting to experience the muscle memory? I'm happy for you to have lessons now. It's going to make your skating more interesting, and you'll have that good feeling that comes from getting it right.

Thank you for telling about that left foot going behind the tracing foot on the R take offs. I'm going to pay more attention to my own trailing foot on the red hockey circle I use (since we have no figure circles at our rink).

It must be an exciting time at your rink with the skaters getting ready for regionals. There ought to be floor time for you when you don't have to worry about the dance teams. Does your rink have an adult session in the mornings when the kids are at school?
Old May 6th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #88
CyCy

Hi Hazel,
We dont' have that many skaters doing dance, I think maybe we're really jamming when it's five or six total, and they do move around me but that day I was just being lazy and I could see they (the three of them that day) were being very serious. So I let them have the floor.

Half the dance skaters here also do figures, so they're aware of me and where I'll be. I believe the rule is, figures first, dance second, freestyle last but lessons always have the right of way on the floor.

I don't care for sessions and I haven't, really, since coming back to skating as an adult. I can't say why I'm not into session, only that I'm not. It's more socializing than practice. For me fun is practice, especially figures. I LOVE figures. I enjoy dance skating and I think some day I will do it again, but only for practice, test or competition.

Even I think that's kind of strange, but I accept it. The rink becomes a different place during session.
Old May 6th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #89
emtdpf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyCy View Post
Hi Hazel,
We dont' have that many skaters doing dance, I think maybe we're really jamming when it's five or six total, and they do move around me but that day I was just being lazy and I could see they (the three of them that day) were being very serious. So I let them have the floor.

Half the dance skaters here also do figures, so they're aware of me and where I'll be. I believe the rule is, figures first, dance second, freestyle last but lessons always have the right of way on the floor.

I don't care for sessions and I haven't, really, since coming back to skating as an adult. I can't say why I'm not into session, only that I'm not. It's more socializing than practice. For me fun is practice, especially figures. I LOVE figures. I enjoy dance skating and I think some day I will do it again, but only for practice, test or competition.

Even I think that's kind of strange, but I accept it. The rink becomes a different place during session.
I agree with the not caring for sessions. Unfortunate for the serious skaters.

Let me start by saying I'm not bashing..... just my 2 cents:

Most of the people that come to the rink on Wed night at the rink in question are "self taughters", they follow someone around that knows the footwork and *bam* they know the dance. Most of the time they might know the steps, but not the technicality behind the steps........ quite frankly, they get in the way, they dont know enough to get out of the way.

With that said.................... :cleansing breathe in and out: I pay my two bits to get in and I expect to be able to use the floor, and at the same time I know that they pay their two bits and expect to use the floor........... but come on......... if your gonna talk and socialize at the edge of the floor, get the heck out of my way, I'm doing a dance. Dont come on the floor unless you look both ways........ most times you come on the floor when someone is coming out of the center and getting ready to go into that corner.........aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh.

Sorry, I need to take another cleansing breathe........

I retrospec, I usually dont show up to session for these reasons..... picky.... yes.......... when I skate I'm not there to socialize, I have other venues for that , and quite frankly, I'm an introvert................I would rather pay my club dues and skate on a floor where I know most everyone there is as serious as I am about my sport.

So in short I agree with Cynthia about the session turning into something else other than serious......

ffsoapbox:

Last edited by emtdpf; May 6th, 2011 at 07:27 PM.
emtdpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #90
mkmkenn

I don't know about "these days", but sessions were never meant for practice - serious or otherwise.

Even at dance sessions, where the people theoretically knew that people were skating their dances, socializing was the main point of this time.

The exception to this was the 3 times during the session when dances would be formally announced & skated - bronze dances early, silver dances in the middle, and gold dances at the end of session. Otherwise - socializing was the main focus.

At regular public "non-dance" sessions, I would have never thought to try to practice anything...crowds, inexperienced skaters, etc all made any effort to really practice fruitless.

I don't know if club time or practice time is so limited that this practicing needs to be done during sessions; but expectations should be lowered in that the "public" nature of these sessions gives everyone the right to skate on the floor at that time and their rights should be respected.

In other words, no one should need to get out of anyone's way. Wasn't it always the rule that if you are coming from behind on someone, you need to yield? Just as "if you're passing more people than are passing you, you're skating too fast." This is session skating. It is not meant to be practice time.

We could never do jumps or spins during session. If you did dances for "practice during session, you might be able to work on a straghtaway at a time if you were lucky. But, in every case, you yielded to the session skater who was "socializing".

Things may have changed since I was around the rinks, so I apologize for the rant...

Mike
mkmkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #91
emtdpf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmkenn View Post
I don't know about "these days", but sessions were never meant for practice - serious or otherwise.

Even at dance sessions, where the people theoretically knew that people were skating their dances, socializing was the main point of this time.

The exception to this was the 3 times during the session when dances would be formally announced & skated - bronze dances early, silver dances in the middle, and gold dances at the end of session. Otherwise - socializing was the main focus.

At regular public "non-dance" sessions, I would have never thought to try to practice anything...crowds, inexperienced skaters, etc all made any effort to really practice fruitless.

I don't know if club time or practice time is so limited that this practicing needs to be done during sessions; but expectations should be lowered in that the "public" nature of these sessions gives everyone the right to skate on the floor at that time and their rights should be respected.

In other words, no one should need to get out of anyone's way. Wasn't it always the rule that if you are coming from behind on someone, you need to yield? Just as "if you're passing more people than are passing you, you're skating too fast." This is session skating. It is not meant to be practice time.

We could never do jumps or spins during session. If you did dances for "practice during session, you might be able to work on a straghtaway at a time if you were lucky. But, in every case, you yielded to the session skater who was "socializing".

Things may have changed since I was around the rinks, so I apologize for the rant...

Mike
No apology for the rant Mike........for me its more of a frustration thing....... and maybe not for all, my practise time is cut to almost nill being so far from a home rink...........I try to practise when ever and where I hit a floor.........and those 3 times dance sets.......thats another rant........

Like I mentioned, I'm not a "social" creature to begin with, and I dont like crowds and.....and.....and......I really do understand that session is just that session, so I really dont have a reason to complain......

Maybe its just friday and been a long week.
emtdpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #92
Ancient1

Mike,
I never had problems with practice during sessions. Center was always for figures and freestyle. No one entered unless they competed in those disciplines or they would be removed by the floor guard. Conversely the figure and freestyle skaters had to stay inside and be extra careful. Rule 1 was no speeding or roughhousing. Beginners were to be at the back end of the rink and they had their own space. slow skaters went to the outside so that when they left the floor, they didn't take out a few other skaters on the way.

IT WORKED PERFECTLY! Now it looks like the inmates took over.

As for dance. It was only at the dance couples risk, and they were responsible if someone got knocked down, regardless of who was at fault.

That was at several different rinks. Things have changed.
Old May 9th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #93
CyCy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient1 View Post
Mike,
I never had problems with practice during sessions. Center was always for figures and freestyle. No one entered unless they competed in those disciplines or they would be removed by the floor guard. Conversely the figure and freestyle skaters had to stay inside and be extra careful. Rule 1 was no speeding or roughhousing. Beginners were to be at the back end of the rink and they had their own space. slow skaters went to the outside so that when they left the floor, they didn't take out a few other skaters on the way.

IT WORKED PERFECTLY! Now it looks like the inmates took over.

As for dance. It was only at the dance couples risk, and they were responsible if someone got knocked down, regardless of who was at fault.

That was at several different rinks. Things have changed.
As I recall, at South Amboy or any rink I skated during the 80s, we were never allowed to skate in the center except to do figures. You weren't supposed to skate across the floor through the center either, which meant you really weren't supposed to skate dance or dance patterns during regular ALL SKATE, only around and around and around, which is why I don't really care much for session. Going around and around and around (and around) doesn't appeal to me.

When I skated out of S Amboy, we'd sometimes stay for session and I'd usually spend my time practicing figures in the center (because the rules about figures still applied there in the '80s) (and they still had guards who enforced the rules). If I wanted to work on dance, I'd save it for the specials because it was nearly impossible otherwise. One of the worst falls Ive ever taken was because I tried to practice a dance with a left mohawk, and skated it down a crowded straightaway during session, tangled my foot, fell and fractured my instep.

From what I can see now at our rink, you can practice anything you want, in the center, across the center, whatever. I've seen what I think is other skaters looking out for someone doing figures in the middle, but I wouldn't bet the rent on it because there aren't any rules during artistic session because everyone is older, there are no guards and most everyone is there to socialize. I've seen skaters practice dance but I dont' think you can do a full pattern or really get any serious work done. I suppose you could practice some steps or work on one thing or another. But nothing serious. And for me, serious is what's fun. So I don't stay.

Last edited by CyCy; May 9th, 2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:01 AM   #94
Hazelnut

I'm trying to get back into art skating at a rink where I'm the only art skater. So there is no club and only session time in which to skate. Our club has very few rules and some days with very few skaters, so it's sort of working. At least it's skating.

I agree with everyone that you can't really focus at a session as you can at a practice time. And you do have to yield to the other skaters. I try to look on the bright side and tell myself that it's developing my spatial sense. Sigh. Well. At least, it's skating.
Old May 11th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #95
CyCy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
I'm trying to get back into art skating at a rink where I'm the only art skater. So there is no club and only session time in which to skate. Our club has very few rules and some days with very few skaters, so it's sort of working. At least it's skating.

I agree with everyone that you can't really focus at a session as you can at a practice time. And you do have to yield to the other skaters. I try to look on the bright side and tell myself that it's developing my spatial sense. Sigh. Well. At least, it's skating.

Hazel, whenever I read your posts about practicing, all I can think of is that you are an inspiration.
Old May 11th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #96
CyCy

Default Days 28, 29 and 30

DAY 28
Great practice on Saturday. Not because I did anything particularly well, but because I had practice that applied to the body I live in now and not the body I skated with 26+ years ago. My balance issues are primarily what I'm working on: the things I am doing, the wrong movements I've only just started that are getting in the way of striking off, standing up and moving along.

I stretched on the wall and bit, stood up, rolled over to Monica to start a lesson and plopped right on my butt. I usually fall, sprawled out, face down. This time, BOING! Different fall for me. Didn't hurt, just shook me up a bit as usual and as always I was wearing my wrist guard so my hand is protected. (thank you Shelly) After that, lesson started. Working on edging. Working on not trying to push hard, just get some form back. Inner edges.

Does it feel better? Yes and no. It feels like I'm trying, that's what it feels like; as if I am waking up a bunch of muscles that didn't just go to sleep but maybe went into a coma. Or they went on an extended retirement vacation and hadn't planned on returning. So they balk and I balk and it's a symphony of kvetch and balk going on in my head and in my body. (kvetch is a yiddish word for complaining)

I love my pro. I love pros in general - they give you so much - but I love this one particularly. She's all business but very droll. And she's kind enough to shore me up while letting me down...keeping me real with what I can do NOW, vs what I once did. I forget. Everything forgets...my brain, my body.

I would say that's a big problem with being a "once I was a this or that". I was good. I'm not good now. MY brain is good albeit delusional because it remembers what to do from years ago, it also remembers how good I was and wants to do all those good things. But what it wants to do goes back to the person of 26+ years ago. Not this person, now. Waking up the brain too.

DAYS 29 and 30

Didn't fall. YAY me. Got about an hour each, both days.

I find I do not care for late day practice. I don't have nearly as much juice as mornings. But okay. Monday I was a little tired from the weekend. Did some practice on takeoffs. That's my focus right now. Edges and take offs. Dull stuff. But not to me. I imagine to look at me, you'd want to go to sleep, but for me what I'm doing is rather fun.

Tuesdays are HELL at the rink now! The dance skaters need to practice and I hate getting in their way, plus too many of them, only one of me doing figures and all this is very distracting. I can feel their intensity and I understand it, believe me. If I were practicing for regionals, I'd be where they are in the sense that when I do competition practice, I get stone cold serious and intense too. There is time, heart and money invested. When I'm in that mode I don't budge from the circles. But now all I can feel is their urgency, their need to get it right because regionals is so close. SO I did an hour and went home. Tonight, because there'll be a pro there, things will be calmer.

finally got the boots (oh well)

Received the boot I've been waiting over a month for. I am not happy but maybe I'm okay.

I have to say USSkate is kind of not so great. Consider this a heads up re: a vendor...in terms of communication, particularly.

I had shopped around and found what I thought was a great buy and asked my son to purchase it for me for Mother's Day: a clearance Riedell 280 they had for $159. It could have doubled as either dance or figures, but I figured dance....as it's not as stiff as the 320 I have now.

But turned out they didn't have it after all. After a couple of weeks of hearing nothing, I called and spoke with a young lady who told me they shipped it but then it turned out they hadn't and they hadn't notified my son or me either. They were sitting on the money. After a couple more weeks, I tried calling them. Nope, they don't answer their 800 number so I had to call their store and have the store connect me to them, whoever they are.

I wear an 8 wide. They offered me what they said was a comparable boot but not in my size. Then when I said no they came up with something else, a 220. I asked if it was all leather. Yes. So after a couple more weeks, today it finally gets here.

First it's not lined in leather, but something foamy. Second, it has a blade on it. Okay I remove the blades which is not a big deal. It has a fleece lined tongue which is my preference. That's good. And the foamy stuff isn't a huge deal either. It's sort of pad-dish nice in a way. I can see these are going to be easy to break in.

But overall, I'm not thrilled. And I need a second skate. So now I have to compare the two boots and decide to remount the 320 on the ATLAS or put this new stupid boot on the ATLAS and do it that way. There are pluses and minuses nomatter how I do it. Okay...it didn't cost me anything but the mounting. Lesson learned.

Next time I will go to a store that sells boots, find the exact boot I want, try it on for God's sake and if I want to save some money, I'll track it down on the web. OR I'll pay the piper and buy the things for whatever they're asking and be done with it. This buying of mystery boots was ridiculous. I don't know what I was thinking. ugh.

Last edited by CyCy; May 11th, 2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old May 11th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #97
Ancient1

Cynthia,
I can totally feel for you. It is so tough to know that you once did something and now can't do it.

A good place to get skate parts is: Connies Place. I have used them over the years and they have great service and prices.
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:25 PM   #98
CyCy

You are so right Jim. I know Connie's Place, in fact, I friended them on Facebook. They're terrific people. When I was looking into my Snyder tradeup vs buy a new plate, they gave me great prices but couldn't beat the trade price. And at this stage of the game, price is important. I don't want to invest too much money in equipment because I'm literally killing these boots with falling and sweating and exaggerated movements.

I had hoped to pick up a good pr of boots new for not too much money, something to knock around for the year I know it will take until I get my legs under me. I guess you get what you pay for no matter how you do it. I can't really complain...this 220 will be easy to break in and it will feel good on the Snyder for dance and rolling around. I suppose timing wise it's probably for the best. After a year, my figure boot, the 320 will be completely broken in and this new one, the 220 will be shot because it's easy to see it's going to break down pretty easily. So I guess it'll work.

Okay! Onward.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 02:24 PM   #99
CyCy

Default End of week twelve

Didn't miss any practice. And it's getting better. Sometimes it's actually good - not often but it happens. (never when I want, though) I practiced five days straight last week but by the fifth day I was wasted but I practiced. A little, but I got out there.

I'm over my skate. I can't remain in the right position very long but it's happening. My balance is still the pits, particularly on inner edges. That kills me because 2 was always such a good figure for me.

The lessons are helping immensely at least in how I approach the circles, but I have many chinks in my posture on take offs and whats frustrating is I have no idea I'm doing most of this stuff. I'm thinking I'm trying to get up, straighten up after the initial take off but all I'm doing is leaning this way or that way and toppling over as expected. Moving take offs are not much better. It can be annoying (and embarrassing).

My pro says I'm getting better, but during my lessons I can't see, can't feel it and that bothers me a little...okay a lot...I know it shouldn't bother me at all. I keep hoping I'll get out there and do a great figure or at least a great something for Monica but I just don't. Instead I do stupid things that are very strange. STUPID STUPID things. UGH!!!!!

Add to these rolling antics, I sort of threw a wrench into it yesterday by deciding to try out my new star wheels, which are pretty hard - not impossible but slick and take a lesson on them. The floor was tight so I figured it would be better than my 98 bones which are like skating on glue sometimes. Well the stars good and they weren't. So a lesson with new wheels on - got more roll, not much more but they did feel solid under me and not like rolling pillows, so that's a plus.

The hard edge of the wheels as opposed the rounded edges of my bones threw me off. I'm not used to feeling a wheel RIGHT THERE. They're taller, which is different, not bad, not good, just different. But I don't have a wheel as tall so I have no push wheel. I'll have to work these as they were meant to be worked on.

After a while, I became very tired so I fell AND I got up, so that's good. I'm okay falling and getting up. In fact, that's great! Well, not great, but it is. THAT in itself is a major accomplishment, that I can get my keister up off the floor all by myself and not have to call in the crane and/or a winch.

So this week, I'll have my dance skates and my figure skates AND I can get up off the floor all by myself when I fall, so my ducks are lined up! WOO HOO!

FOUND OUT SOMETHING THIS WEEK THAT EXPLAINS A FEW OF MY ISSUES:
I had an extensive blood test that determined that I'm A) very anemic and B) I have very little protein in my blood. My doctor joked and asked me if I was secretly having chemo. ha...................ha.......................ha (it was kind of funny when she said it.)

This explains why I'm not developing muscle as I should. I want you to know that I work out every day, do sit ups and other stretch AND balance exercises, particularly. Yet, the muscles are not coming back as they usually do. I thought maybe I was doing too much but no. She said the protein issue particularly is what's getting in the way of developing muscle. And the anemia AND the very low protein explains why I'm so tired most of the time, why I'm dizzy and/or can't find my balance. It explains a lot of things.

So I'm on supplements and drinking protein shakes and yesterday I practiced then came home and did yard slave work for a few hours and didn't get completely wiped out so I think I'm feeling better. But it's slow.

All of this is such a damned slow process, it's daunting sometimes. But not impossible. And I'm not giving up, no way, no how.

ONWARD!
Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:23 PM   #100
slhallford
Loops, love the loops!

I'm so glad your doctor was able to shed some light on the situation. Now you can address that issue and just think how much that will help you improve! Keep up that consistent practice and suddenly, one day, you WILL feel that difference it's making.

S