S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Quad Speed
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Speed Discussions about speed skating in quad roller skates.

Old December 21st, 2007, 11:40 PM   #161
Shoes99

Default Buddy Carter & John Drewry

Buddy Carter and John Drewry - Best Friends Forever. Taken 5 years ago at his daughter's wedding..

Last edited by Shoes99; December 22nd, 2007 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Enlarge the picture
Shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 12:30 AM   #162
splitwoods

Buddy & Michele:

What a neat picture. Any possibility you can enlarge it and repost?

Splitwoods
splitwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 05:14 AM   #163
splitwoods

Thanks Michele! They both look great in that photo. I bet every one had a nice time at the wedding.

Splitwoods
splitwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2007, 09:40 PM   #164
Shoes99

Here is another gem from 1967, New Jersey State Champions. This team won 20 consecutive games and the State Meet at the old Riverside, NJ rink.
Back Row: Gil, Skip Estes, Bob Woodington, Ted Rendfrey, Buddy Carter, Chuck Ketchel
Front Row:
Billy Rendfrey, Charlie File, Tom Cooper, Russell Rendfrey, Bobby Trotter, Harry Stuart
Update: Thanks Harry Stuart for identifying the identified skater as yourself.

Last edited by Shoes99; April 11th, 2008 at 02:43 AM.
Shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #165
TwoKSiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlracer View Post
These brothers had a big an impact on quad racing in the 80's and into the
90's.

Dante Muse

Tony Muse

These pictures are from the US Indoor Championships in 1986.
Dante's big glasses crack me up. He was such a nerd back in the day. I ran into him last weekend. He's got a kid on the way.
TwoKSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:04 AM   #166
rwsz

the Muses were big names and great quad speed skaters for sure.
Old January 19th, 2008, 12:29 AM   #167
fpinto

Default what happened?

i just watched the sr mens final of the 1500 on you tube {2006?}
i knew art had died but i didn't realize quad speed and gone with it..how sad
fpinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2008, 12:35 AM   #168
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpinto View Post
i just watched the sr mens final of the 1500 on you tube {2006?}
i knew art had died but i didn't realize quad speed and gone with it..how sad

yes quad speed was taken over by inlines, this year they are going to have the quad nationals with the regular nationals again but it wont be as long. art has died a lot but is still holding on and has a long nationals.
Old January 19th, 2008, 02:55 AM   #169
roller_dudette
skate addict!

So are there any quad speed races anymore? I'm trying to set up a speed set up but I'm not sure if I will ever be able to compete.
Old January 19th, 2008, 03:03 AM   #170
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by roller_dudette View Post
So are there any quad speed races anymore? I'm trying to set up a speed set up but I'm not sure if I will ever be able to compete.

yes still some speed meets around in quad, have to look for them. not sure if they are on the usars website but some of the regional websites might have them.
Old January 19th, 2008, 11:53 PM   #171
fpinto

where are the inline, indoor nationals at and where are the quad nationals at?

i was at the art nationals in Lincoln a couple a years ago, 4 world class men singles skaters...and i tried for years to make the finals!! Guess my timing was just a little off LOL
Old January 20th, 2008, 01:12 AM   #172
susanmcp

Speed Nationals is July 13 - 19 in Lincoln, NE. Quads will be held on July 19. No qualifying regionals, get an amateur card and enter...
susanmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 03:50 AM   #173
fpinto

Thanks, i am only 4 1/2 hours from Lincoln...think i'll drive over and watch a little inline and quad racing
Old January 20th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #174
rwsz

Quote:
where are the inline, indoor nationals at and where are the quad nationals at?

i was at the art nationals in Lincoln a couple a years ago, 4 world class men singles skaters...and i tried for years to make the finals!! Guess my timing was just a little off LOL

hi its in Lincoln again this year. come on, never 4 in world class men singles at Lincoln, one year the number was 6 but that was it, maybe you just saw the day or the nite group when they split them. in 2006 in Lincoln there were 10 or 9 men and 1 scratched because of an ankle injury. i been to nationals from 92 to 2006 and never was there 4, maybe 4 world class pairs teams. yes your timing would be bad if you were just missing a spot on the team when you skated. what years were they you skate wc mens singles?
Old January 20th, 2008, 05:43 PM   #175
fpinto

maybe it was six...i remember Scott Cohen has a kid that was good..Henry Elliot who i always liked skated. My point was when i was skating and then was teaching it was hard to make the finals, i was sad to see so few in World clsass and so few in freshmen

i was never close to making the team, when i made nationals i was happy...i was at almost every nationals from 1970 to around 1994 and then i have gone a few times when it is in Llinclon because i am close and i use to go and hang with my old coach..but he has retired so i haven't been in at least 2 or 3 years
Old January 20th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #176
quadbob

Default nationals

hey fpinto, don't come and watch, come and skate quad speed is open all you do is get your amature card, pay your money and skate, we need all the help we can get, come on go for it all that will happen is you might win ! i think it's great that you might come and watch any support is welcome. but i still wish you would skate, unless your veteran, then there would be one more guy in front of me
lol, quadbob
quadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 10:57 PM   #177
fpinto

thanks for the invite...wish i could but at 60 and have had both hips replaced twice, not sure that would be the smartest thing to do
Old January 21st, 2008, 01:00 AM   #178
rwsz

Quote:
maybe it was six...i remember Scott Cohen has a kid that was good..Henry Elliot who i always liked skated. My point was when i was skating and then was teaching it was hard to make the finals, i was sad to see so few in World clsass and so few in freshmen

i was never close to making the team, when i made nationals i was happy...i was at almost every nationals from 1970 to around 1994 and then i have gone a few times when it is in Llinclon because i am close and i use to go and hang with my old coach..but he has retired so i haven't been in at least 2 or 3 years

Hi we know the same people, i followed Scott as much as i could and saw most of Henrys career, he didnt skate last year for the first time since he started. i know them both well, Scott actually coached my son since like 93 till 2006 and Henry was from our region till he moved to the mid west and he competed against my son after my son got older and moved up. he was always very kind to him.

your right the numbers are way down and its sad. i dont know the real reason but i think its many reasons. who was your old coach?

also you said you skated till 94, i imagine you were too old for freestyle then, where you doing figures or dance,,,what divisions?
Old January 22nd, 2008, 04:54 AM   #179
fpinto

Hi Rick
My last year competing was 1976. I taught from 1976-1994. i taught in Mass in 1980-1983 at Maulden.
My coach was J. W. Norcross from Greeley, Co
I was friends wilth Scott's mother and have known Scott since he was 3 or 4, i dont remeber his skaters name that year but his program was wonderful
Yes Henry was skating for John Dayney when i taught in Mass...Henry always had great routines and wonderful foot work..
i miss the days of 28 WC men, a fall pool, and trying to pick the finalists

NIce connecting with you
Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:21 PM   #180
rwsz

Quote:
Hi Rick
My last year competing was 1976. I taught from 1976-1994. i taught in Mass in 1980-1983 at Maulden.
My coach was J. W. Norcross from Greeley, Co
I was friends wilth Scott's mother and have known Scott since he was 3 or 4, i dont remeber his skaters name that year but his program was wonderful
Yes Henry was skating for John Dayney when i taught in Mass...Henry always had great routines and wonderful foot work..
i miss the days of 28 WC men, a fall pool, and trying to pick the finalists

NIce connecting with you

wow 28 wc men even now when every wc skater goes we didnt have those numbers. i think in the early 90s i might remember 22 or so. also a fall pool was fun, i miss those too, the women always won with less falls but that was because they held back and were more concerned with skating clean and did less 2 axels and triples lol. Scotts mom Alice is great, she always treated us good and was fantastic to my son, shes the best. when you taught in Mass my son was juvenile and elementary and your last year 94 he was freshman, cool. have a good one.