S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice)
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice) This forum is different then the other SkateLog forums in that it is not a discussion forum, but rather a place you can ask skate building expert Fred "DocSk8" Benjamin about building and repairing indoor speed, derby, and jamskate quad roller skates. Please start a new thread for each new question.

Old November 28th, 2014, 01:32 AM   #1
ShuffleSkate98
Less than Adept skater

Question Labeda Prolines!

Alright so, I just bought some Labeda Prolines off of someone and it looks like they are the version that has 5 degree kingpins. Also, I assme they are the re make of the Prolines not OGbecause they have 8mm axles? I was wondering, how well will a proline perform at session skating, shuffle skating, and speed?
ShuffleSkate98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2014, 02:17 PM   #2
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Exclamation Buy first, question later??

Alright so, I just bought some Labeda Prolines off of someone and it looks like they are the version that has 5 degree kingpins.

The art Pro Line has a very distinct toe stop clamp. The screw is in the front instead of behind the stop.

Also, I assme they are the re make of the Prolines not OGbecause they have 8mm axles?

Is the bottom of the plate laser etched?? That is a dead give away. Otherwise truck swaps are easy.

I was wondering, how well will a proline perform at session skating, shuffle skating, and speed?

I will answer that in reverse order. It is one of, if not the most popular quad speed plate ever made. That is for hard core real racing. Shuffle sk8ing. ... A good sk8r can "shuffle" on most anything. I have seen folks on everything out there rolling a hot shuffle, from 1500.00 top line art sk8s to 100.00 crap packages. Same applies to session sk8ing.

The real answer to your will depend on how your sk8 is built and then how you tune the action. For example, if the plate is improperly aligned, performance will suffer. If it is too long or too short performance will suffer. These type of problems will range from barely noticeable to quite pronounced. An example...a plate that is as long as the sole of your shoe will drive like a pick up truck. One that is too short will impact your balance. Improper alignment will make the sk8 difficult to edge or hold straight. Most sk8rs learn to compensate and have no clue there is an issue until they get into a properly set up pair. I know this for a fact, I have shared my sk8s with hundreds of sk8rs over the years.

The action must be tuned to your needs. I cannot count how many sk8rs I have run into that have no idea the action is adjustable.

It's not so much the plate as how it is set up that makes it a good or "not good" sk8.