S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    


Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name


Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About This Forum Forum announcements plus how to do things like editing your user profile and dealing with images.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #1
MistyMills
Little Ref Riding Hood
 
MistyMills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: A2 (Ann Arbor) MI
Posts: 331
Default Database Errors in the Forum

I think something may be wonky. I keep getting a Database Error:

Database Error Database error
The database has encountered a problem.

Also, the page that it brings up for it says to contact the technical admin and the email is listed as dbmaster@example.com.

This has been happening to me off and on this past week, but today it's happened a significantly higher amount than before.
__________________
ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3106099/
MistyMills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 01:33 PM   #2
A-Town Sk8er
theultimateskatesupply
 
A-Town Sk8er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: A-Town, SC
Posts: 4,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMills View Post
I think something may be wonky. I keep getting a Database Error:

Database Error Database error
The database has encountered a problem.

Also, the page that it brings up for it says to contact the technical admin and the email is listed as dbmaster@example.com.

This has been happening to me off and on this past week, but today it's happened a significantly higher amount than before.

Ive been having the same problem lately...........
__________________
Owner / Operator
www.theultimateskatesupply.com
5% off orders over $200.00 "USS" coupon code
A-Town Sk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:32 PM   #3
Kathie Fry
Forum Host
 
Kathie Fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Clemente, Southern California USA
Posts: 1,632
Default

We were having a big problem with database errors a few weeks ago that cleared up after we tweaked some of the forum setup parameters. I have encountered a couple of database errors myself in the last couple of days, that were probably caused by too many people trying to connect at the same time. If we keep seeing a lot of those errors we will probably have to upgrade the level of service being provided by our Web site host to allow more simultaneous connections to the forum. We will do that if we have to, but because it will be expensive, I don't want to take that step until the database errors become frequent and we can't think of any other way to solve the problem.

- Kathie

Last edited by Kathie Fry; May 1st, 2008 at 04:38 PM.
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:21 PM   #4
Drella
alive with pleasure
 
Drella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Between Thought and Expression
Posts: 550
Default

Sorry about that guys.

When I plug my curling iron into the power strip of my PC- it creates a surge that may be effecting some of your ability to log on.

But what can I say? A guy does have a right to look his best you know....
Drella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:08 PM   #5
BleeckerSt_Girl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drella View Post
Sorry about that guys.

When I plug my curling iron into the power strip of my PC- it creates a surge that may be effecting some of your ability to log on.

But what can I say? A guy does have a right to look his best you know....
Curling your nose hairs is not the solution. -Time for some judicious tweezing! Listen to your ma now.
  Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:33 PM   #6
Drella
alive with pleasure
 
Drella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Between Thought and Expression
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
Curling your nose hairs is not the solution. -Time for some judicious tweezing! Listen to your ma now.

Ma' are you still angry about the time I found that 2' long- lonely persons device and a tube of Bad Girls Butt Grease under your mattress?

Get over it!
Drella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:21 AM   #7
Bill
Junior Member
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 1,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathie Fry View Post
We were having a big problem with database errors a few weeks ago that cleared up after we tweaked some of the forum setup parameters. I have encountered a couple of database errors myself in the last couple of days, that were probably caused by too many people trying to connect at the same time. If we keep seeing a lot of those errors we will probably have to upgrade the level of service being provided by our Web site host to allow more simultaneous connections to the forum. We will do that if we have to, but because it will be expensive, I don't want to take that step until the database errors become frequent and we can't think of any other way to solve the problem.

- Kathie
Kathie I have a set ofused- yellow wicked lips I'd be willing to donate for aucion as a slf fund raiser if that would help
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.