S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum > Quad Vert
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Vert All kinds of aggressive skating on quad roller skates including quad vertical roller skating, quad bowl skating, quad skatepark tricks, and street skating tricks in quad skates.

Old November 18th, 2014, 09:35 AM   #1
Raynerterror

Default UK park skater with questions

Hello! I'm new to the forum :-)

I've just started outdoor and indoor park skating and I'm loving it! I currently use Moxi skates with the triton plate and moxi gummy wheels they come with and just have a few questions...

1)

I've watched a few park skating videos now and I've noticed a few skaters with a white plastic slider/ grind box on their plate. This really appeals to me and for some reason I've got it in my head that it's more stable. I don't know why but I can't find anywhere in the UK that can make custom ones for you or any video tutorials on making them. I don't know if the plate matters or what for it either.

2)

I also have noticed skaters having skateboard trucks on their skates and I can't find tutorials for this either. This is something else I'm up for trying to come summer next year just to see what it's like but I imagine very strange at first.

If this has been posted before I apologise but I can't find anything and definitely not any in depth tutorials.

Thanks for your help :-)
Raynerterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 12:09 PM   #2
CrazeeDave
Geriatric Quad Class

Default skateboard trucks

Hi Raynerterror

The skateboard trucks give you a wider stance, so if you have the tendency to fall over sideways go for it.
For most there's a more likely chance to bail forward/backwards but I don't see anyone with 1M long plates....lol.
QuadVert can be very punishing on trucks and axles...I do recommend these are beefed up.

"If the good Lord wanted us to walk he wouldn't have invented roller skates." ~Willie Wonka 1971

60 secs of Quad Vert Fun link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYJgY2PJ_vk
CrazeeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 11:30 PM   #3
DarrenVS

If you're looking for wider trucks, the Triton plate should take ACS651 trucks, but I wouldn't trust the Triton plate to last very long, it's prone to snapping in various places. I'd try and find a Sure Grip Super X plate , much more solidly built, but a bit heavier
DarrenVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 09:39 AM   #4
Krew76
Banned

Avenger mag plates will have a grind plate option. Not in small sizes though.
Krew76 is offline   Reply With Quote