S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice)
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice) This forum is different then the other SkateLog forums in that it is not a discussion forum, but rather a place you can ask skate building expert Fred "DocSk8" Benjamin about building and repairing indoor speed, derby, and jamskate quad roller skates. Please start a new thread for each new question.

Old January 1st, 2017, 01:52 AM   #1
Gee

Default Laser Kingpin

What parts do I need to reverse kingpin a laser? Will the same parts work for both the laser SA and DA trucks?
Old January 1st, 2017, 04:21 PM   #2
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default Parts needed.

4 Snyder Royal style studs. 3/8x16 on one end. 3/8x24 on the other. Four 3/8 x 24 self locking nuts. 4 small flat washers to sit between the nuts and the small "cushion" in the SA truck. All should work as well or better for the DA.

Food for thought. Apparently, not all SA trucks are equally as happy with reverse king pins. If the fine threads are up in the hole in the yoke, the truck can rub on the treads. I have had one sk8r be unhappy with that situation on a Black Diamond with stock trucks but it is worth considering in the mix.
Old January 4th, 2017, 01:18 AM   #3
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!

Royals will work too? Awesome! I have 4 World Dominator Ti's and was thinking that was all I could use.
Time to play with my other Lasers lol
Old January 4th, 2017, 02:26 PM   #4
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsk8s View Post
Royals will work too? Awesome! I have 4 World Dominator Ti's and was thinking that was all I could use.
Time to play with my other Lasers lol
Almost all Snyder king pins stud and bolt alike are 3/8 x 16 on the plate end. There are some studs that are 3/8 x 24 on both ends for some really old dance plates...and the little 5/16 king pins in some of the early Junior plates.

C'mon Avery, it's right @ the top of this sticky... I put that up there for 2 reasons. To help folks figure out what they needed to fix things and to help them figure out what they needed to play Dr. Frankenskate. Thanks for this BTW. I see I have some additions to make on that list.
Old January 7th, 2017, 01:07 PM   #5
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
Almost all Snyder king pins stud and bolt alike are 3/8 x 16 on the plate end. There are some studs that are 3/8 x 24 on both ends for some really old dance plates...and the little 5/16 king pins in some of the early Junior plates.

C'mon Avery, it's right @ the top of this sticky... I put that up there for 2 reasons. To help folks figure out what they needed to fix things and to help them figure out what they needed to play Dr. Frankenskate. Thanks for this BTW. I see I have some additions to make on that list.
Yeah, lol, I've seen that. I just don't always think about things lol
Old January 7th, 2017, 06:30 PM   #6
Gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
4 Snyder Royal style studs. 3/8x16 on one end. 3/8x24 on the other. Four 3/8 x 24 self locking nuts. 4 small flat washers to sit between the nuts and the small "cushion" in the SA truck. All should work as well or better for the DA.

Food for thought. Apparently, not all SA trucks are equally as happy with reverse king pins. If the fine threads are up in the hole in the yoke, the truck can rub on the treads. I have had one sk8r be unhappy with that situation on a Black Diamond with stock trucks but it is worth considering in the mix.
Thanks. I will keep that in mind. I don't think I will have an issue with the Laser trucks since the Laser kingpin is a bolt threaded along its entire length.