S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum > Advertising Forum Guidelines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:41 PM   #81
Rogzilla

Kathie, I understand your frustration. I'm a moderator on another board where a lot of buying and selling takes place, and people occasionally get screwed. When that happens, we allow them to post grievance threads. Sometimes it turns up other people have had the same experience. Sometimes it has the positive effect of alerting a "real life" friend of one of the parties to help clear things up.

We step in as moderators only when one of the parties has personal details divulged that they did not post themselves, such as: their real name, their email address, their physical address, etc. We also delete posts where people say stupid things like, "someone should go over there and beat the crap out of them," words to that effect.

My understanding is that's what you've been doing up until this point. I think it works.
Rogzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 05:20 PM   #82
Randy Edwards

Default my last reply to this nonsense

My point is the quad section is based around SEDS AND Seds heads (quad skaters who love skate nostalgia

seds requires buying selling or trading to become a seds head anyway you wanna dice, slice or chop it

so without buying selling and trading here what ya got in way of a quad skating section ? you can only talk about skating so much the rest of the time is spent talking about the fellowship of skating and skates themselves NOT ACTUAL ROLLER SKATING

i think it is safe to say 97% of the quad section has purchased at least one item form the classifieds here

so yes it is important to SL
Randy Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 05:51 PM   #83
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Quote:
so without buying selling and trading here what ya got in way of a quad skating section ?
Randy, we did have a quad subforum for many years before we ever had a buying and selling forum. But I'm not arguing with you here. Maybe you're right. I'm only saying if it ever turns out - for any reason - that skaters no longer need a place to talk about quad skate equipment, we'll just delete the quad forum and let quad skaters use our other quad-related forums. But for now, it seems that quad skaters *really* like to talk about skates and skate buying, whether they buy their skates here or someplace else.

- Kathie
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:49 PM   #84
rhetttro
Owner, Pop's Skateland

I have a hard time understanding some guest making demands on Kathie of how they think this forum should be run. We don't pay. It's her forum.

Simply put, She's paying the cost to be the boss. Deal with it or move on.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:54 PM   #85
skaterdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhetttro View Post
I have a hard time understanding some guest making demands on Kathie of how they think this forum should be run. We don't pay. It's her forum.

Simply put, She's paying the cost to be the boss. Deal with it or move on.
True enough...but I have been here since the beginning and Kathie doesn't get appreciated enough for what she provides to us. Over the years I have found her to be extremely fair and mostly hands off as far as the "over moderating" prevalent in other forums.

I think she is just hearing us out...which is very respectful and we will in turn respect her decision.
skaterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 08:28 PM   #86
niteridr95

good job i like the sticky... my idea got used im happy i helped some
Old September 5th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #87
FarmTruk
rusty bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Edwards View Post

i think it is safe to say 97% of the quad section has purchased at least one item form the classifieds here

so yes it is important to SL

My entire new set-up, plus, was assembled from SLF's buy/sell forum, and with advice/commentary from SLF membership.

And I was completely happy with each and every transaction. Every item was accurately represented, and delivered timely. I'd not hesitate to consider SLF transactions in the future.

FWIW. YMMV.
FarmTruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #88
fierocious1

Default I use Ebay a bit.

My score speaks for itself. Lmcknightsr. 100% score. Well over 300 transactions. Nuf said....
Old September 5th, 2010, 02:28 AM   #89
skaterdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmTruk View Post
My entire new set-up, plus, was assembled from SLF's buy/sell forum, and with advice/commentary from SLF membership.

And I was completely happy with each and every transaction. Every item was accurately represented, and delivered timely. I'd not hesitate to consider SLF transactions in the future.

FWIW. YMMV.
So it sounds like you are in favor of feedback since you got a lot of guidance from the forum.
skaterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 02:46 AM   #90
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaterdog View Post
So it sounds like you are in favor of feedback since you got a lot of guidance from the forum.
I would like that too, but she said no and I am pretty sure she means it. I know when I tell my kids "no", I mean it too, even if they continue to argue their case like I'm still listening.
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote