S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum > Advertising Forum Guidelines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: a "POSITIVE SALE FEEDBACK" sticky Thread for Buy/Sell forums
For the idea 9 39.13%
against the idea 14 60.87%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:27 PM   #41
Big Nick
Straight 'outta Coburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisherTONE View Post
There's been a lot of 'Friction' lately due to some incidences regarding the buy/sell forums
Just wake up and realise that none of this was a problem until a few newbs tried to use SLF as an alternative fleabay.
I still don't get how you lot don't understand this?
Let it go, Don't buy and don't sell, and shut the hell up.
Some of us want to keep the buy/sell forums, but you newbs are gunning hard to get them removed.
Nothing personal, but if you don't understand what has been said, then it would be best if you didn't comment on it.
I personally think the admins should just delete every idiots account who try's to find a new way to solve a problem that doesn't exist.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 06:46 PM   #42
The Rebel
Taking it back old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nick View Post
Just wake up and realise that none of this was a problem until a few newbs tried to use SLF as an alternative fleabay.
I still don't get how you lot don't understand this?
Let it go, Don't buy and don't sell, and shut the hell up.
Some of us want to keep the buy/sell forums, but you newbs are gunning hard to get them removed.
Nothing personal, but if you don't understand what has been said, then it would be best if you didn't comment on it.
I personally think the admins should just delete every idiots account who try's to find a new way to solve a problem that doesn't exist.
+10000

I've been a forum member for going on four years now. I've bought and sold countless skate swag and made some lifelong friends along the way. I buy what I want and sell what I don't use or outgrow. Pure and simple. No feedback needed. If you screwed me over on a deal, I considered it a lesson learned, mark that person down to avoid in the future and moved on. We've had a few "upstanding" members who disappeared and left people hanging. But no matter what, the forum has survived this long without feedback. You want some feedback on a seller? Ask a veteran forum member or another member who has done business with them. Live by the old rule, "if a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is". Too many newbies who found gold in the closest find this place through a Google search and join to pawn their stuff never to be heard from again. Those people I can deal with as they don't stick around long. It's the people who buy everything they can find and then try to supplement their income by "flipping" it here that drives me nuts. If anything, there should be a limit on how many "For Sale" ads you can have going at the sametime.

No offense intended Swish. You seem to be a contributing member of this forum which usual means good things. I would suggest that you enjoy the knowledge, resources, and goods the forum has to offer and leave the moderating to the originator of this website. Like any big family, we do get restless sometimes and commence to fighting a little to blow off steam. But we also unite to protect this forum tooth and nail against any perceived threat as we consider it invaluable when it comes to feeding our old school passion. Most of us mean no harm, and those that do and can't follow some very simple rules usually find their own way out.