S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum > Advertising Forum Guidelines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: a "POSITIVE SALE FEEDBACK" sticky Thread for Buy/Sell forums
For the idea 9 39.13%
against the idea 14 60.87%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 18th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #21
SwisherTONE
I 'do' Swisher Sweet #143

Location: North Los Angeles Quad Speed Skater www.SwisherSkate.com SWISHER Skating Products (coming soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfaze View Post
What part about not having feedback don't you get? The moment you leave feedback on someones wall it's going to start an argument which is the very reason Kathie the OWNER of this forum has said repeatly there is to be no feedback. You either know who you are dealing with or don't do business with them. If you are too lazy to ask other members about a seller, then go to ebay.

People deliberately going around trying to circumvent Kathie's policy is only threatening the whole for sale section being removed. You clearly don't care if there is a for sale forum, but other do so give it a rest.
Look man, I'ma be nice a say it like this: no one is even remotely paying you any attention nor was anyone even talking to you. If you don't like it, bounce.

This is about a thread or the thoughts of what people think about a thread. She said no feed back thread..."THREAD". The other dude had an idea about posting it on someones personal profile page. That's not a thread. As a seller, if I ask someone to leave a personal message on my personal 'wall'(like facebook lol) stating what a good selling experience they may have had with me, I have the right to do that, and 'you' have no say in it, sooooo what's your problem man?... relax homie. LOL

I <3 Speed Skating & Derby ~ Swisher Sweet#143 (best Jammer EVER)
SwisherTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #22
SwisherTONE

Location: North Los Angeles Quad Speed Skater www.SwisherSkate.com SWISHER Skating Products (coming soon)

Let me state once again. This Poll/Thread was established only to see where everyone stood on the idea and not to get it to happen. If it did happen, then it did, if it didn't, then it didn't - no biggie.

So, that said, I appreciate everyone's participation, whether they are 'for' the idea or whether they are 'against' the idea. It was simply just a poll. The most important thing was participation. So to all who're participating (yes, even you Swolltitan lol ) thank you!

Mad love for ya Swoll.

Old May 18th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #23
rsfaze
Old School™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisherTONE View Post
Look man, I'ma be nice a say it like this: no one is even remotely paying you any attention nor was anyone even talking to you. If you don't like it, bounce.

This is about a thread or the thoughts of what people think about a thread. She said no feed back thread..."THREAD". The other dude had an idea about posting it on someones personal profile page. That's not a thread. As a seller, if I ask someone to leave a personal message on my personal 'wall'(like facebook lol) stating what a good selling experience they may have had with me, I have the right to do that, and 'you' have no say in it, sooooo what's your problem man?... relax homie. LOL
Posting positive or negative information ANY where on this forum is considered feedback. If you did your research you would see Kathie has stated that once people start posting feedback about their transaction here it will get ugly and that is the whole reason for no feedback.

You don't have the right to purposely do exactly what the owner of this forum has stated numerous times. If you feel different go start your own forum and YOU can set the rules.

Oh and if you think no one is paying attention, you need to open your eyes. Checking your joined date you have been here just over a month, so pay some respect to us established members. I hate when new people think this is their forum and come here to ruin it for the rest of us.
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #24
SwisherTONE

Quote:
Posting positive or negative information ANY where on this forum is considered feedback. If you did your research you would see Kathie has stated that once people start posting feedback about their transaction here it will get ugly and that is the whole reason for no feedback.
Dude! ... yes she said that, about doing it on the boards, the PUBLIC forum. Someone's personal profile page is not the forum. If someone posts neg remarks on someones personal page, that person can remove it. They can also ask someone to leave them a private personal message on their wall that says something to the effect of "hey, thanks for the great sale"...Hello? What don't you get?
dude relax, please. Read your own flippin signature

Old May 18th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #25
rsfaze
Old School™

Quote:
Dude! ... yes she said that, about doing it on the boards, the PUBLIC forum. Someone's personal profile page is not the forum. Hello? What don't you get?
dude relax, please.
Last I checked the personal page is accessed through the forum here right? If it's posted on here it's going to become an issue , then Kathie will do away with the buy/sell forum all together.
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:25 AM   #26
Dec8rSk8r

Mainly because any messages you leave on someone's page, they are able to delete. I left a test on your page TimJenkins.
Here is a thought, just learn how to use Paypal correctly! Other than a feedback forum, if you don't use Paypal correctly you are just as likely to get screwed over on ebay. Don't let the time run out to file a claim and don't mark the sale as a "gift".

Please, please get it into your heads we are NOT going to get a feedback forum and by continuing to discuss this to death, over and over, you all are going to frustrate Kathie to the point where she deletes the forums so she doesn't have to hear about this ever again! In that case, your new member names will be "mud".

I know you guys are trying to help, but you all keep coming up with the same stuff, over and over because you haven't read the old threads on it. It's enough to cause me to develop Tourettes Syndrome.

If you do end up getting burned, you can spread the word via PM's (you tell your friend, they all tell their friends, and word will get around).

Another way is this off site feedback link Rufusprime99 created.
Poll: Updated with off site feedback link ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Dec8rSk8r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:26 AM   #27
rsfaze
Old School™

btw my signature is directed at my skating abilities. I'm just going to report you to Kathie and let her handle you, after all you are breaking her rules.
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #28
rsfaze
Old School™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
Mainly because any messages you leave on someone's page, they are able to delete. I left a test on your page TimJenkins.
Here is a thought, just learn how to use Paypal correctly! Other than a feedback forum, if you don't use Paypal correctly you are just as likely to get screwed over on ebay. Don't let the time run out to file a claim and don't mark the sale as a "gift".

Please, please get it into your heads we are NOT going to get a feedback forum and by continuing to discuss this to death, over and over, you all are going to frustrate Kathie to the point where she deletes the forums so she doesn't have to hear about this ever again! In that case, your new member names will be "mud".

I know you guys are trying to help, but you all keep coming up with the same stuff, over and over because you haven't read the old threads on it. It's enough to cause me to develop Tourettes Syndrome.

If you do end up getting burned, you can spread the word via PM's (you tell your friend, they all tell their friends, and word will get around)

Another way is this off site feedback link Rufusprime99 created.
Poll: Updated with off site feedback link ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Dec these newbies can't seem to process information that is clearly written, but they sure are ready to ruin it for the rest of us.
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:28 AM   #29
SwisherTONE

Quote:
Last I checked the personal page is accessed through the forum here right? If it's posted on here it's going to become an issue , then Kathie will do away with the buy/sell forum all together.
OMG... it's not the public forum. Everyone can access my personal messaging option, but that's not a public forum... thus the same with my personal 'private' page, it doesn't show up anywhere in the view of the public... it's NOT a public forum. what don't you get? no hard feelin's

Old May 18th, 2012, 04:30 AM   #30
rsfaze
Old School™

Quote:
OMG... it's not the public forum. Everyone can access my personal messaging option, but that's not a public forum... thus the same with my personal 'private' page... it's NOT a public forum. what don't you get? hummm, you must be very bored. no hard feelin's
I'm not bored just sick and tired of new people joining this forum and trying to ruin things that we have had for years. Any part of this website is indeed part of the forum.

And to further shoot your idea to pieces as Dec already said, messages on someones personal wall can be deleted.
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:41 AM   #31
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
Dec these newbies can't seem to process information that is clearly written, but they sure are ready to ruin it for the rest of us.
I know. They want to "solve" the problem and be helpful, but by not doing their homework and reading the conversations that have went before, they are actually making the situation worse. Kathie is going to run out of patience, please stop it people!

I really think the off site feedback link is the best solution we are going to get. Let's use it, or make a better one if you can and we can all use that one.
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:52 AM   #32
SwisherTONE

Quote:
btw my signature is directed at my skating abilities. I'm just going to report you to Kathie and let her handle you, after all you are breaking her rules.
LOL... who's breaking rules? I stated an opinion and asked what people thought through a poll, as to maybe bringing a safer acceptable solution or idea to a horrible problem.....Wow. You've gotta be kidding. I'll pray for you. Seriously

Old May 18th, 2012, 04:55 AM   #33
rsfaze
Old School™

Quote:
LOL... who's breaking rules? I stated an opinion and asked what people thought through a poll, as to maybe bringing a safer acceptable solution or idea to a horrible problem.....Wow. You've gotta be kidding. I'll pray for you. Seriously
You should really spend more time reading and less time typing, you might just learn something about this place that is if you don't end up losing your account before then.
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:00 AM   #34
swolltitan
Getting Back Into It

Quote:
I fail to see what the horrible problem is, other than not accepting a rule...
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #35
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Quote:
safer acceptable solution or idea to a horrible problem
If "no feedback" is a horrible problem, then SkateLog is not the right place to buy and sell skates. It's that simple.

- Kathie
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:54 AM   #36
dvw
Secretary of Skate

Talking You rang?

Quote:
We need the emotion icon banging his head against a brick wall
Old May 19th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #37
Big Nick
Straight 'outta Coburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathie Fry View Post
If "no feedback" is a horrible problem, then SkateLog is not the right place to buy and sell skates. It's that simple.

- Kathie
Well said Kathie, I really don't get why people don't understand this?
If they don't like it bugger off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvw View Post
Old May 20th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #38
Spikey B
Derby Cub

I've stayed quiet but read all of the posts/threads and we seem to be going around in circles.

Skatelog is a buy/sell at your own risk. Don't like it? Don't buy from here.

Positive or negative feedback on this forum via a thread or public messages on a users profile is prohibited. Why is that so hard to understand?

Generally when someone posts something the interested party replies with "PM sent". If you had a bad experience with that seller you should just PM the buyer to warn them. PM- ya know.... PRIVATE message? Keep it off of the forum.

I've gotten some great stuff off of this forum and dealt with excellent sellers. I'd hate to see that go away with ridiculous never-ending threads like this one.
- Spikey, #27
riedell 965s/avenger magnesium/backspin deluxe/Bones supers
riedell 195s/snyder advantage/rb turbos 92a/Bones swiss

Last edited by Spikey B; May 21st, 2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Size/font
Spikey B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:21 AM   #39
wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey B View Post
I've gotten some great stuff off of this forum and dealt with excellent sellers.
Same here. Never a unsolvable problem. I've been able to get items I would never been able to lay my hands on otherwise, at a reasonable price.

The complainers have NO IDEA what a great resource they are tampering with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey B View Post
I'd hate to see that go away with ridiculous never-ending threads like this one.
AMEN!
wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:42 AM   #40
Dec8rSk8r

Smile

Tip thread - How to avoid getting ripped off