S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum > Buying Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Buying Skates Tips and advice about buying aggressive skates plus information and opinions about all of the different aggressive skate models.

Old September 12th, 2006, 01:57 PM   #1
fndngEMO

Default Which skates should I get?

I'm getting ready to buy a new pair of skates, it will be the first pair I've had in a few years. In high school I was really into agressive skating but then when I left for college I didn't do it much for a number of reasons. I want to start skating again now, but before I buy a new pair of skates I wanted the opinion of you guys. I want to get a pair I can use for agressive skating, but at the same time I know a lot of my time skating will be normal skating for exercise purposes. I'll probably be doing aggressive skating on the weekends and during the week skating around 15-20 miles a day on some trails by my house. I'd really like to get a pair of skates that I could use for both of these, but I'm wondering if such a pair exists. I used to have a pair of K2 Fatty's that worked great for aggressive but when I would use them for exercise I'd notice I almost completely wore out the wheel in one day. The only aggressive skates I've owned have been K2's, and I find theirs to be very comfortable, even when I was using them for exercise purposes. My only real concern is how they'll wear.
fndngEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 07:14 PM   #2
Tyler

Umm, i recommend buying seperate pairs. maybe some leisure skates for exercise because the wheels are bigger. Aggressive wheels are insane small, and if you dont want to waste more money, buy seperate skates.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 07:48 PM   #3
cbeck

You could buy a thinner pair of aggressives, and buy a UFS rec frame to switch out when you like. I did this, and other than having to take off two wheels on the rec frame to switch, it suited my purposes for a while. I did just buy a rec skate though because the hard shell was just getting a little uncomfortable during long skates. Harder to corner when going fast too, because the soul can hit the ground and make you loose wheel grip if your lean angle gets too steep.

The salomon FSK frames and the K2 soul slide frames will work. I don't know about others. I will warn you on the soul slide, while the holes will align, the frame doesn't have the circular indent. The salomons do, and I think you can still find those online or at EBay.I would imagine the frames they sell for slalom, like sebas, would fit, too... but I dunno.

But I might still recomend a cheapo pair of recs like blade runner or something, if they fit right.
Old September 12th, 2006, 10:33 PM   #4
hungryrollerblader
..The weird kid in school

I have a cheap pair of blade-runner rec skates that I've had for 3 years. I still use them to play hockey and other non-aggressive stuff, but I don't use them at the park anymore.
hungryrollerblader is offline   Reply With Quote