S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old January 3rd, 2018, 05:50 PM   #1
wired

Default Calling it what it is...

"The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor -- with no lawyers. They didn't have any lawyers. Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad s***, and I happen to think it's all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately." - Steve Bannon

Yes, it happened and it is illegal to collaborate with a foreign government to assist your campaign. Full stop.

Let the false equivalency begin...

Old January 3rd, 2018, 07:48 PM   #2
bjvircks
Major Trouble

yes, calling it what it is.

A big publicity stunt that backfired... and Trump actually won.

This crew of self-serving amatures never expected to get into the White House and so never expected to get any scrutiny after the election. I believe that Trump was just a bored billionaire screwing around at playing 'Candidate' for the purpose of his own self-agrandizement and overestimated the common sense of the population. And so, Viola! He wins!
Old January 3rd, 2018, 07:57 PM   #3
wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
yes, calling it what it is.

A big publicity stunt that backfired... and Trump actually won.
Yes and yet there are those that still think "Trump could sh!t golden bricks and pave a way to Oz"...

Old January 3rd, 2018, 08:26 PM   #4
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Yes and yet there are those that still think "Trump could sh!t golden bricks and pave a way to Oz"...

Quote:
Trump could sh!t golden bricks and pave a way to Oz , and theyd still talk smack.
Really man? Snippet out the contextual part where I say people would still compmain...

If you read into what I said I wasn't supporting or condoning him. Just saying how people treat that guy, or any other conflicting preside dial candidate or party they aren't associated with/siding with.

Career politicians are a plauge.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 08:51 PM   #5
quantoo

Default all that aside

Trump is doin a pretty good job at the moment.
And i feel the tone youse are setting is the alternative to trump is an angel ?
Cmon hillary aint named killary for no reason.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2018, 09:34 PM   #6
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Nothing Obama did will ever make sense until one realizes that Obama wanted to destroy the country. Once one realizes this, his actions make sense.

All Trump need do is not do what Obama did.

$20 Billion in job investment so far, and now with the tax cut, much more will come in. Folks are happy when they have a job. All Obama said was, those jobs are gone. They are never coming back. Trump brought Apple back. Trump haters, suffer in prosperity. Complain about your lower tax bill.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 09:54 PM   #7
wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
Really man? Snippet out the contextual part where I say people would still compmain...

If you read into what I said I wasn't supporting or condoning him. Just saying how people treat that guy, or any other conflicting preside dial candidate or party they aren't associated with/siding with.

Career politicians are a plauge.
What you are saying is false equivalence coupled with low expectations.

Politicians are politicians. Some are better than others, all lie. The best work for the greater good. The worst seek to benefit themselves.

Trump isn't a politician. He is a sociopathic liar that only thinks of himself. The thinking you espouse, that politicians are all the same is part of why we are here, with what remains of our country hanging by a thread.

You are the one that came up with the example. Maybe you only think he poops silver in limited quantities. No matter. Unless you did and are doing all in your can to contain this abomination you are not much of an American.

One cannot stand aloof from politics. The political process determines the future. If you care about humanity going forward calling all sides equally corrupt displays an certain loss of touch with reality.

In case you haven't noticed this isn't "complaining". You are witnessing a shift in the US due to the political "right" going way to far. As one that sees advantage to a two party (or more) system we are headed for rough road. Better clean the windows, check the tires and get a paper map. It's going to be a hard trip.

I expect government to do great things. I guess maybe you don't. If so, yeah, I have a problem with that.

Since you are in WV a good start would be supporting the reelection of Joe Manchin or another D to the Senate. Same with the US House, get some of those Rs out of there. Don't help your state double down on stupid.

Old January 4th, 2018, 02:45 PM   #8
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
Nothing Obama did will ever make sense until one realizes that Obama wanted to destroy the country. Once one realizes this, his actions make sense.

All Trump need do is not do what Obama did.

$20 Billion in job investment so far, and now with the tax cut, much more will come in. Folks are happy when they have a job. All Obama said was, those jobs are gone. They are never coming back. Trump brought Apple back. Trump haters, suffer in prosperity. Complain about your lower tax bill.

Yes and the proof is the way Obama kept sinking the economy after becoming president, it just kept dropping, we are so lucky that Trump came along to save us, this tax bill is going to do so much for the economy, I can’t wait for my insurance bill to double and my benefits to...what benefits?

And the way the 1%er’s are going to give so much money for job creation and start new buisness ventures, oh’my, and wow, after we spill oil on every coast ruining the seafood industry, so many clean up jobs, not to mention all the lawyers that will be needed to keep the agenda in place, and I hear from sources, all the best sources that Russian is going to be taught as a mandatory language in grade schools, everywhere, wow, we are on our way.

At this rate, well, it can’t get any better.
Not to mention the Paris accord, we are so lucky to be saved from trying to stop global warming and helping less fortunate countries, why should we, and with what money, soon, Vlad will control the federal reserve, how could we possibly pay our part, Wait, not soon, Vlad now controls our government, and so the national reserve, things are looking up, comrad

Honestly, the only way it could have been worse was if Obama had been a black woman, am I right Rufus?
Woman’s rights might have been improved, we can’t have that, BLM might have had power to help minorities, we certainly can’t have that, keep the minorities working for minimum wage, with no health care, best thing ever, right?
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 05:13 AM   #9
quantoo

[QUOTE=ursle;729755]
And the way the 1%er’s are going to give so much money for job creation and start new buisness ventures, oh’my, and wow, after we spill oil on every coast ruining the seafood industry, so many clean up jobs, not to mention all the lawyers that will be needed to keep the agenda in place, and I hear from sources, all the best sources that Russian is going to be taught as a mandatory language in grade schools, everywhere, wow, we are on our way.

In your own words ursle
And all the clean up JOBS lawyer JOBS and if it all fails More JOBS will be created,Even food made in labratory Jobs when theres no fish left.
And more JOBS fixing the f£cK ups.
Jobs Jobs Jobs so your point is?
Old January 6th, 2018, 01:34 PM   #10
fierocious1

Haven't been able to pin anything on Trump but still grasping for traction... Like a smooth turbo wheel on a wooden floor with coke on it.... Still slipping away...
Old January 6th, 2018, 03:04 PM   #11
ursle
Street Skater

When they bring obstruction and Rico charges, they will have all their ducks lined up, they haven’t started yet, try to pay attention.

They have brought charges against three ot the United States White House staff, Manafort is an all out Russian spy, has been for years, he’s going down for Rico, another has plead guilty and the third is in limbo, hasn't plead, isn’t free, what a colorful White House, have you checked the Facebook link to see how many times you contributed to Russian bots and Russian spy’s yet?

The Republican Party, the party of Russian pediphiles, must make the Trumptards proud, it disgusts Americans.
Old January 6th, 2018, 03:21 PM   #12
fierocious1

[QUOTE=quantoo;729776]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post

In your own words ursle
And all the clean up JOBS lawyer JOBS and if it all fails More JOBS will be created,Even food made in labratory Jobs when theres no fish left.
And more JOBS fixing the f£cK ups.
Jobs Jobs Jobs so your point is?
I think I saw on the real news today that Black unemployment is the lowest it has been in a very long time. Awesome!
Edit: https://www.facebook.com/MikeCernovi...3446522117729/

Last edited by fierocious1; January 6th, 2018 at 05:38 PM.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 04:15 PM   #13
ursle
Street Skater

I like to look at the whole picture by watching the traffic at the ski resorts in Vermont.
When Clinton left office, weekdays were very busy, I don’t go near any resorts on weekends, Bush got office, the first winter was no different, the fifth winter was, well, the resorts were empty, by the eighth year the resorts were lowering prices and slacking off on improvements and grooming.
Obama took office, the first winter was the same as Bush’s last year, the fifth year they were booming, weekdays were dangerous there were so many people, the eighth year was even busier, resorts were expanding, buying one another up.
Now we’ve got the great imposter, the first year is busy, as the economy begins to tumble, and tourism dries up

~~~~On September 5th, the U.S. Travel Association revised its July numbers following the inclusion of new data sources. The amended results are more in line with the naysayers. The association has gone from trumpeting the “astounding resilience” of the American travel market to lamenting the “major storm clouds” hovering over it. Rather than unbroken growth, it now says that visitor numbers dropped in four of the first seven months of 2017 compared with the year before.~~~~

We’ll see how the resorts do, I’m expecting empty lifts and trails, he won’t make it to the fifth year but his effect on tourism and resorts will still be in full force, bad time to be a resort owner.

The one thing trump has going for him as president is: the American people respect the office, not the person presently in that office, so, they won’t put him in jail, respect of the president has boundaries, and a certain amount of leniency will preserve the American stature in the world, yes he’s burning bridges with all other nations, well except the nations ruled by autocrats, but the American people are proud, Will be proud after this shyster is gone, the Republican party will splinter, the far, far right will hide in dark places, then the rest will work with the majority of Americans that simply want to enjoy life, all life on the planet.
Old January 6th, 2018, 11:21 PM   #14
quantoo

Default Yep and at worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
When they bring obstruction and Rico charges, they will have all their ducks lined up, they haven’t started yet, try to pay attention.

They have brought charges against three ot the United States White House staff, Manafort is an all out Russian spy, has been for years, he’s going down for Rico, another has plead guilty and the third is in limbo, hasn't plead, isn’t free, what a colorful White House, have you checked the Facebook link to see how many times you contributed to Russian bots and Russian spy’s yet?

The Republican Party, the party of Russian pediphiles, must make the Trumptards proud, it disgusts Americans.
They will take the arrow to the knee to keep trump free.
Old January 6th, 2018, 11:24 PM   #15
quantoo

Default And still the sobotuers of their own country try to state the opposite

[QUOTE=fierocious1;729810]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
I think I saw on the real news today that Black unemployment is the lowest it has been in a very long time. Awesome!
Edit: https://www.facebook.com/MikeCernovi...3446522117729/
Jobs jobs jobs beats oppession,obamacare and fema camps anyday imho.
So far Trump is making America great again unlike the snivelling coat tailer that follows trump around to almost every country he visits.This is stalking and is a crime.
Then people should have the guts to ask themself why does obama feel the need to follow trump around ?
The obama x admins must be pissed that its working out for trump.
Didnt have to do much really ,just loosen the reigns and watch it grow instead of sabotaging it.
Old January 9th, 2018, 01:38 AM   #16
fierocious1

[QUOTE=quantoo;729826]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post

Jobs jobs jobs beats oppession,obamacare and fema camps anyday imho.
So far Trump is making America great again unlike the snivelling coat tailer that follows trump around to almost every country he visits.This is stalking and is a crime.
Then people should have the guts to ask themself why does obama feel the need to follow trump around ?
The obama x admins must be pissed that its working out for trump.
Didnt have to do much really ,just loosen the reigns and watch it grow instead of sabotaging it.
Strangling the people that are not in the "government"(criminal enterprise) is not sabotage... Slowly but surely the swamp is being drained, going to be a lot of ____in the bottom though...
Old January 11th, 2018, 12:43 PM   #17
quantoo

Default Hhahahaha

[QUOTE=fierocious1;729892]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post

Strangling the people that are not in the "government"(criminal enterprise) is not sabotage... Slowly but surely the swamp is being drained, going to be a lot of ____in the bottom though...
Should i type in red ink now ?
or would be rude of me ?
Old January 16th, 2018, 06:31 AM   #18
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Calling it what it is. The Libs are killing DACA.

What?? Why?? The why is easy. They can't get what they want without giving Trump what HE wants. The wall. Think about it. If the Dems were SERIOUS, they would give Trump ANYTHING to save DACA. But, the simple fact is, a border that leaks like a sieve serves them more than saving the DACA folk. Chew on that a while. And for as much as I did not have a problem with the ShitHole country thing, word is it did not happen.

Just like the Dems. Create hysteria to hide their failure for the DACA folks.

My prediction: DACA expires.

Prediction #2: Some judge will have the AUDACITY to try and block DACA from ending. Realize what DACA is first so that that can REALLY sink in. It was an Excutive Order by Obama that naturally had a limited shelf life. Trump could renew it, or let it expire. You watch. Some court will take issue with it, which is tantamount to said court asserting that they can FORCE a sitting President to renew some other Presidents' Executive Order. Won't that be a show.
Old January 16th, 2018, 01:02 PM   #19
ursle
Street Skater

Let's just use facts....

The Republicans and the Democrats came together with a plan, a bipartisan plan, it had several elements, funding DACA was a part of the plan, last Thursday they presented it to the president, you may have have heard about the outcome.
The president outright refused the plan and then started calling all African countries " shitholes", his typical way with reality, he shuffled the proposed plan off the the side and made headlines by being an outrageous bigot, that night he called all his buddies and boasted about how he scuttled the bipartisan plan presented to him, everyone already knew he was a bigot but it hadn't actually been said by the live news media, well, now it is.
Now the bigot in chief is lying about what he said, ignoring the bipartisan plan presented to him and accusing the democrats of scuttling the plan, and he has two republicans that immediatly lied at the time by saying they don't remember what the president said in the meeting, they said that on a live microphone, with cameras, of course three days later, those two republican senators changed their stories, so basically, they lied on Thursday to the American public then on Sunday they made up a new story, which was that the president never said what the world knows he said, Cotton and Purdue are toast.....
Trump lies 97% of the time so no one believes anything he says, well, no one that can tell truth from fiction.
Old January 16th, 2018, 01:09 PM   #20
ursle
Street Skater

More facts, pay attention to #4 and #5, I realize the nazi and bigoted amongst us won't understand, but everyone else has a right to see the facts

6 key findings about black immigration to the U.S.

Black immigrants make up a small but growing segment of the U.S. black population. Although the United States has long had a sizable black population as a legacy of slavery, voluntary black immigration to the U.S. is a relatively new development and is projected to grow in the coming decades. A new Pew Research Center report examines this trend and provides a statistical portrait of the nation’s black immigrant population.

Here are six key findings about the foreign-born black population in the U.S.

1....Caribbean Is Top Birth Region; African Immigration Soared Since 20001The black immigrant population has more than quadrupled since 1980. Only around 800,000 blacks were foreign-born in that year, and by 2013 the number had climbed to 3.8 million, according to a Pew Research analysis of U.S. Census Bureau data. Immigrants are also making up a larger share of the overall black population – 8.7% of blacks were foreign-born in 2013, a share that is projected to almost double by 2060.

2....The number of black immigrants from African nations has rapidly grown. Between 2000 and 2013, the black African immigrant population grew from 570,000 to 1.4 million, an increase of 137%. Africans make up 36% of the overall foreign-born black population, up from 24% in 2000. Still, half of all black immigrants were born in the Caribbean, with Jamaica and Haiti being the two largest birth countries, accounting for 18% and 15% of black immigrants, respectively.

3...Black immigrants make up a double-digit share of the overall black population in some large metro areas. In 2013, about one-in-three blacks (34%) living in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach metro area in Florida were immigrants. In the New York-Newark-Jersey City metro area, foreign-born blacks made up 28% of the black population. And in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area, 15% of the area’s blacks were foreign-born.

4.... compared with U.S. immigrants overall, foreign-born blacks are less likely to be in the U.S. illegally, more likely to be U.S. citizens and more likely to speak English at a higher rate. About 575,000 black immigrants were living in the U.S. without authorization in 2012, accounting for 16% of all black immigrants, according to Pew Research Center estimates. By comparison, about a quarter of the nation’s 42.5 million immigrants have an unauthorized status. Black immigrants are also more likely to be U.S. citizens than immigrants overall (54% versus 47%). And given that many black immigrants are from English-speaking Caribbean nations, 74% of those ages 5 and older are proficient in English, compared with 50% of all immigrants.

5....One-third of Black Immigrants from Africa Have a College Degree, a Higher Share than Among the U.S. Population Overall, black immigrants earn college degrees at a slightly lower rate than Americans in general, but the share of foreign-born blacks from Africa with a college degree is higher than that of the overall U.S. population. About one-quarter (26%) of foreign-born blacks ages 25 and older had at least a bachelor’s degree in 2013, which falls somewhat below that of the overall U.S. population, at 30%. However, black immigrants ages 25 and older from Africa have high levels of educational attainment – 35% have a college degree, a higher share than Americans overall.

6....There are some distinct differences between U.S.- and foreign-born blacks when it came to age, education, marriage and income. In comparison with U.S.-born blacks, foreign-born blacks are older, with a median age of 42 versus 29 for U.S.-born blacks, according to 2013 figures. Among those 25 and older, a higher share of immigrant blacks have a bachelor’s degree or higher (26% vs. 19%). They’re also much more likely to be married – nearly half (48%) of black immigrants ages 18 and older were married in 2013, compared with 28% of U.S.-born blacks, a difference that may be tied to the foreign-born blacks’ higher median age. Black immigrants are in general faring better economically than blacks born in the U.S. Household incomes for foreign-born blacks are on average $10,000 higher than U.S.-born blacks, and black immigrants are less likely to live in poverty (20% vs. 28%).