S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice)
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice) This forum is different then the other SkateLog forums in that it is not a discussion forum, but rather a place you can ask skate building expert Fred "DocSk8" Benjamin about building and repairing indoor speed, derby, and jamskate quad roller skates. Please start a new thread for each new question.

Old January 28th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #41
Darkjester
On a hot summer night..

I've discovered the CURE for Seds!!!

Children and limited income.
Old January 28th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #42
velvet rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjester View Post

Ah, but that's a recipe for something else: Derby girl SEDS withdrawals = PMS with a firearms would be safer!
velvet rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #43
Darkjester
On a hot summer night..

Thankfully I was the only one who contracted SEDS my wife was just lucky to get whatever I bought 2 of, or passed onto her.
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #44
Big Nick
Straight 'outta Coburg

Quote:
Thankfully I was the only one who contracted SEDS my wife was just lucky to get whatever I bought 2 of, or passed onto her.
Lucky man, if I want something I have to get two of them!
SEDS never sleeps.
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #45
Darkjester
On a hot summer night..

Well I was smart.. for once..

The first upgrade I bout was HER boot.. And then had Rusty/Doc/Billie give it a treatment.

So then when I got my upgrade to White Magnums/Shamans from Doc I was going to get to keep it all..

That is until I won a free set of Radar Diamonds, so I let her take the shamans and I took the diamonds.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 02:30 PM   #46
Engel

I blame this forum for giving everybody SEDS.

(btw i just found out what it is, and i think i may be on my way to having it too. *pulls hair*)
Engel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 05:36 PM   #47
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default It's a conspiricy

conspiricy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngelTeufel View Post
I blame this forum for giving everybody SEDS.

(btw i just found out what it is, and i think i may be on my way to having it too. *pulls hair*)
You have discovered my ultimate secret.. I own mega stock in companies that make hair regrowth products.. (who I am not plugging here)
Old March 2nd, 2011, 07:24 PM   #48
Darkjester
On a hot summer night..

hehe.. hair plugs..
Old March 5th, 2011, 04:19 AM   #49
KMA

I just ordered Bont semi racer with 100mm wheels. They should be here next Thurs. I am having a bad time waiting.
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #50
arcadefreaque

Ugh, starting to slowly realize SEDS. As I was finally committing to buying that set of roll-line plates for myself this morning (and new bearings, and a set of wheels and bearings to try on them), I realized that my wife’s new found derby addiction has put at least part of our family into new skates in the last few months – to the tune of 8 pairs of skates (ranging from cheapies to her bonts, and the newly acquired roll-lines), 10 sets of bearings (ranging from sad/crunchy to ubber ceramics), and 13 pair of wheels (ranging from Barbie outdoor wheels to mixed sets of shamans, and now the peanut hubs and anabolix tires). Add multiple sets of pads, riedell bags, bearing press, various tools, and I’m drooling over the thought of finding a decent priced wheel hog or possibly getting the guys in the manufacturing plant to build me something similar.

You know, I always sorta wanted to own a skating rink…
arcadefreaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #51
395roller89
Thats Mr. Proline to you!

im on stage 2 now lol soon it will be full blown seds!!!!(:
395roller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:12 AM   #52
Randy C
Ft. Walton Beach, FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMA View Post
...I am having a bad time waiting.
Isn't that the truth. Waiting stinks...but will be worth it in the end.
Randy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #53
cyguitar

For skaters it's SEDS. In the musician community we have a similar disease, it's called GAS. Gear Aquisition Syndrome. You would be amazed at some of these guys' collection of guitars and amps. It would blow your mind if I told you how much money some of these guitars and amps are worth/fetching.
cyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2011, 04:16 AM   #54
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyguitar View Post
For skaters it's SEDS. In the musician community we have a similar disease, it's called GAS. Gear Aquisition Syndrome. You would be amazed at some of these guys' collection of guitars and amps. It would blow your mind if I told you how much money some of these guitars and amps are worth/fetching.
Probably not.. It's like anything else.. Some folks will pay big money for anything... I actually have more than one hobby.... Surely you didn't think sk8s was my only bag... did ya??
Old March 27th, 2011, 06:54 AM   #55
cyguitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
Probably not.. It's like anything else.. Some folks will pay big money for anything... I actually have more than one hobby.... Surely you didn't think sk8s was my only bag... did ya??
So what other hobbies does the good Doctor enjoy? As you can tell music is my #1 hobby/passion, but I grew up on skates and still enjoy it. As well doing a bit of ice skating too, and surfing is a big hobby, especially in the summer. Roger up at JNS West is putting some NTS Cyclones DA45 on my 122 boots. I can't wait to get them back. The SEDS is starting, as I am going to order some of Craig's new wheels, and I am wanting to get some Bont Quad Racer boots.
cyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #56
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyguitar View Post
So what other hobbies does the good Doctor enjoy? As you can tell music is my #1 hobby/passion, but I grew up on skates and still enjoy it. As well doing a bit of ice skating too, and surfing is a big hobby, especially in the summer. Roger up at JNS West is putting some NTS Cyclones DA45 on my 122 boots. I can't wait to get them back. The SEDS is starting, as I am going to order some of Craig's new wheels, and I am wanting to get some Bont Quad Racer boots.
Sounds serious.. Roger knows his stuff..

My hobbies?? I used to be a serious motor head.. (still have a car and the tools to prove it ) and have always been a bit of a gun nut.. Big fan of the military products of Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal and Česká zbrojovka, s.p.

Music?? Don't play instruments but have a couple of thousand vinyl albums and about as many CDs... I also have the necessary equipment to play it properly. (Well properly for my needs. Audio geeks, tweakers, and tube rollers are as passionate and argumentative about their toys as many of us sk8rs are about our toys.) My "main" amp system is capable of producing a bit over 2 HP...

Now a days sk8, sk8ing and skatelog take up most of my time..

Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:18 PM   #57
EdFromOhio

Quote:

Actually..... My 10 year old son got me back into skating. Now that I'm about 50 pounds heavier coupled with the glue on my boots not holding up well after being stored 15 years, I needed some new gear. Can't replace the boots without replacing the plates, and the trucks, and the cushions, and.......
EdFromOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:10 PM   #58
sommemi
Evn my Redbloodcells roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFromOhio View Post
Actually..... My 10 year old son got me back into skating. Now that I'm about 50 pounds heavier coupled with the glue on my boots not holding up well after being stored 15 years, I needed some new gear. Can't replace the boots without replacing the plates, and the trucks, and the cushions, and.......
And I thought I was the only one spending MORE money on skates since kids!!! lol My 16 yr old get interested in skating again and suddenly I'm getting parts to make his girlfriend skates and getting him new skates since he grew out of his old ones, and now the 3 yr old wants light up skates and my GROWN kid (fiance) wants his own pair too. YIKES!!! What the heck! They are dipping into my 'new skate' fund!!! HELLLLLP!!!!! lol

(yeah... excuses excuses)
Old June 1st, 2011, 01:35 AM   #59
RIC0
Skatin Hillbilly Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFromOhio View Post

I could have posted this same exact response but have a 6 year old daughter... The upgrades have started and already thinking about an outdoor set of skates...
RIC0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 05:18 AM   #60
KMA

I still think that there is SEDS by proxy. I buy just as nice stuff for my daughters who skate as for my self, except theirs is used. They are growing too fast for custom Harlicks now, but just as soon as I think they are done growing, if they are still skating they will get them.

In the mean time they get used, but I am getting better at finding it. This quest has led me to more stuff for myself as well.

I am buying a used set of skates for myself tomorrow night. Reidell 297's with Sneider Advantage plates. OOOOO

Katy
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote