S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old February 14th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #21
okie

Exclamation Your Right DOC,That's MO!

He was the promo and research guy for Matter QUADS. And he is a well known Jam Skater,in the movies etc.

It appears now that the Men's Roller Derby is probley going to eclipse the Woman's and now that Atom has there hubs finally perfected they are going to branch out even more? He is there Point man for the Quads. Promo is his title. He is no dummie. Skates and knows the research.

They have Aend more or less locked up for there wheels manufacture and the learning curve is about done. Just colors and names to change. They all do it, new names and colors etc.

I think they have all the inline business they can handle (Luigino)now and are trying to keep it a little divided. They are #1 World wide in the Inline Racing. Why get the quads intertwined being it is not as competitive.

Main thing I would hope is lower prices. But at least they are going to do more stuff.

Okie
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2009, 01:23 AM   #22
8-Ball
CERTIFIED ANTI CRONIE!!!!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post

It appears now that the Men's Roller Derby is probley going to eclipse the Woman's .....
Okie
Dies laughing.. ROTFLHAO!!!!!!!!!
8-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 06:21 AM   #23
LowPriceSkates
Skate Shop

http://www.lowpriceskates.com/heartless.aspx
LowPriceSkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #24
BackofthePack
Someone has to be last

Only two wheels remotely close to being hard and none wider than 38mm?
Old February 16th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #25
roller_dudette
skate addict!

I like the Creepers I think. So far my blue speed rays are holding on the corners but not sure they will on a different surface. So considering a more grippy wheel and not sure what my options are. But not sure if I would want a more narrow wheel. My plates turn VERY well as it is so want a stable wheel.
Old February 16th, 2009, 02:13 PM   #26
The Notorious DGD
Has Too Many Skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by roller_dudette View Post
I like the Creepers I think. So far my blue speed rays are holding on the corners but not sure they will on a different surface. So considering a more grippy wheel and not sure what my options are. But not sure if I would want a more narrow wheel. My plates turn VERY well as it is so want a stable wheel.
Black Radar wheels are a pretty safe bet.
Old February 16th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #27
roller_dudette
skate addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayglodivine View Post
Black Radar wheels are a pretty safe bet.
Are these the devil rays? I dont think a skinny wheel would hold on enough in the corners for the heartless. But I also find that choppy running strokes in the corners seem to be a good option if I feel like I might skid or fall over sideways lol. I really am not experienced on speed skating. Just now my knee doesnt hurt me so I can go fast now in the corners. I like to go fast!
Old February 16th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #28
The Notorious DGD
Has Too Many Skates

Quote:
Are these the devil rays? I dont think a skinny wheel would hold on enough in the corners for the heartless. But I also find that choppy running strokes in the corners seem to be a good option if I feel like I might skid or fall over sideways lol. I really am not experienced on speed skating. Just now my knee doesnt hurt me so I can go fast now in the corners. I like to go fast!
I've got black Devil Rays and black Tuners. Both are standard-width speed wheels. I love them. Thinking about checking out black Zodiacs just to see how I like them; if I'm going to blow money on a wheel shape I may or may not like, I'd at least like the urethane to be a known quantity.
Old February 16th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #29
fil

i know someone that skated on the 88a version of the first run of heartless when they were still working out the hub. they loved them for grip and said they rolled well for being so soft.
fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 08:48 PM   #30
Jawbreaker
skategeek

You are all wrong. I'll let you keep guessing for a while
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Jawbreaker #86
TEAM AWESOME USA
Minnesota Rollergirls[/COLOR][/FONT]
Jawbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:01 AM   #31
Estro Jen

Default Heartless Wheels from Estro Jen

So, .... I have about 144 sets of these at my shop. They are the LIGHTEST wheels I've ever used.

GRNMNSTR is Mo Sanders, or Quad Zilla's (in derby) new company. He is an incredible skater, been in the industry for years and in my opinion he is pretty much responsible for bringing the Matter/Atom wheels to the derby market via local derby teams in Wa.

I wouldn't say they 'ripped off' the Atom wheels, i think they improved an idea that did well for derby skaters. They are lighter, and the structural integrity of the hub is stronger. I have felt NO flex in the wheels on my strides. Here is a picture of the two piece hub.

You can't really gage the strength from the picture because you can't feel it so if any of you guru's out there want a hub sent to you, I have a bunch of just the hubs sitting around the shop. Email me at michelle@viarollerskates.com and I can send you one.

I've tried all of them on smooth concrete, sport court and wood. I've found that it is personal preference as far as choosing a harder or softer wheel on smoother surfaces, being that some skaters are more comfortable controlling there speed while sliding more or less than going slower, but I found the best grip on sport court with the 94. I LOVE the White ones on wood. I took the 86's to the skatepark last night on an unpolished concrete surface and they had AMAZING grip. Not to mention, they are just so damn light.

And as far as the narrowness, I find I have way more maneuverability in the pack on a narrow wheel. I dabble in speed skating and I understand why you would need a wider tire on such a long track, and you there aren't many obstacles (like a block) so you are moving at higher speeds. But I have found it more beneficial to have maneuverability for me. It feels much different, but I recommend every derby skater trying it.

So if you want to order, here is my new website. It will be changing names soon. If any of you know me, I skate for the Angel City Derby Girls. I have a roller skating storefront in long beach. Here's a a little vid about it on my myspace- http://www.myspace.com/estrojen_rollerskates

I used to be a part of a website, viaderby.com that I started with friends as an employee of IE Roller Sports, but I am no longer. I will be relaunching my new business name and site soon, but until then if you would like to buy Heartless Wheels NOW, call me 267-374-9674, or buy them online here, http://www.viarollerskates.com. I can ship next day and you can get them here-

www.viarollerskates.com

If you want to talk about them or would like to bargain on prices, please call me, 267-374-9674. I work at the shop from 11 to 7 EVERY day
Estro Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:16 AM   #32
william
high tops only

i have a pair of the heartless wheels.

OMG they are amazing.

i dont use them for derby though.

i jamskate in them.

the grip is amazing.
william is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 11:22 PM   #33
Rob

Any plans for wide versions? TIA
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 11:52 PM   #34
Kennedy
Go fast, turn left

Quote:
But I also find that choppy running strokes in the corners seem to be a good option if I feel like I might skid or fall over sideways lol. I really am not experienced on speed skating. Just now my knee doesnt hurt me so I can go fast now in the corners. I like to go fast!

Sounds like you are learning some of the tricks of the trade. Slick floor: short steps. Grippy floor: longer steps.
Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:51 AM   #35
Live2sk888
Skate Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Any plans for wide versions? TIA
I'd love to see a wide version also. I have given the narrow wheels a try more than once, but my preference is still the wider wheels for derby. I like the push you get from the lip. If it was a narrower wheel with a lip, I think it just might be perfect.... but no one has made one of those.... yet!
Live2sk888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 06:37 PM   #36
LowPriceSkates
Skate Shop

In stock and now shipping!
LowPriceSkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #37
Fresh Eddie Fresh

I was excited about the price and just about to order a set when I noticed they are sold in packs of four....
Fresh Eddie Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 12:31 AM   #38
Holiday Guy
Doing It Old School

Thay will be $89.00 for all 8.
Holiday Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 04:41 PM   #39
I_grimbaldi

I just left Blood & Thunder (another game elsewhere today), and I picked up 3 packs of 4 Heartless wheels. I tried them out yesterday briefly for 15 minutes and I loved them. I moved from some cheap & crappy answer pushers, and speed-rays straight to these.

We'll see how long they hold up when I really get skating on them, but a first glance I was really impressed.

For the record I paid $40 per set of 4 from Shortbus at B&T.
I_grimbaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #40
aunapsk8
Afro Girl

Default I like!

Those chasers and breakers look like something I might need to get! I really dig the chasers!
aunapsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote