S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old April 1st, 2009, 02:05 PM   #121
8-Ball
CERTIFIED ANTI CRONIE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Town Sk8er View Post
Sadly enough... Quadzilla is right... they dont care about us....LOL

+100
8-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 11:13 PM   #122
Darkjester
On a hot summer night..

I'm not crucifying anyone.

That being said.. As to the "Do you really think you can tell the difference" argument.

Actually yes..

My Abec 3 bearings are not nearly as smooth or as long rolling as my China Reds.

My Cham II's grip better, and roll longer than the RC Sports Cosmic II Superfly's I had as well.

My wife noticed the difference as well in her R3's when she swapped out her Abec 3's to China Reds, and also the difference from her Cham II's and the Radar Caymans.

Please don't try and insult my intelligence and tell me I am wrong for there being a NOTICEABLE difference, and speaking to you as a consumer to manufacturer letting you know my (our) interests.

I'm almost 250lbs, slowly losing it now that I've been skating 1-2 days a week, and I'm constantly looking for quality ( not necessarily top of the line, but within my budget to upgrade) equipment, and trying to guide the girls on my wife's team towards better equipment as well. Am I trying to sell them on switching from a 82' Ford Pinto into a Corvette? No.

But I am trying to upgrade their carbs, tires, spark plugs and wires for more optimal performance.
Nobody here is asking for sunshine or to have anything blown anywhere, just letting you know our opinions as your target demographic on things we'd like to see. But hey, if our $ is wanted elsewhere..
Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:20 AM   #123
pavement

Typical.....all Quadzilla wanted to do is show you guys some prototypes, and you jump on him for not manufacturing a wheel that you want. Get a grip people, grow up, and stop flaming!@#$ ....just my 2 cents, now you all can point your flame throwers at me for pi$$ing you off
Old April 2nd, 2009, 05:06 AM   #124
Darkjester
On a hot summer night..

I haven't seen ANYONE flaming..
But then again I do have a pretty thick skin as far as the internet goes.

I mean there is a difference between having difference of opinion, a two way discussion, an argument, and an outright flame fest.

So far there have been no name calling, insults, derogatory comments, or invoking of Godwin's Law.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:33 AM   #125
Quadzilla

How can i insult your intelligence, i dont even know you.

Heres a little education on your bearings.

1. to notice the tolerance differences (ABEC rating), you would have to be skating at 50,000 RPM, which even the fastest skaters in the world arent hitting.

2. Standard 608Z bearings are built for floating parts in machines WITHOUT loads, ie. sewing machines, blenders, weed eaters, which is why they dont last very long and bog down under skating loads. Most are packed in grease to survive the shipping across the ocean, and keep from rusting.(usually 1's and 3's). Yes, oiled bearings will tend to roll smoother and a little better. The only way to know if they "roll longer" is to do a test in a controlled enviroment with a machine, same wheels, same surfuce, same conditions, same loads, etc. See where im going with this???

3. Bones are specifically engineered for skateboard and rollerskating, to handle loads, which is why they dont adhere to the ABEC rating system. China reds are more equivalent to a 7 or 9, than they are a 3. They are also manufactured with better parts like removable shields, delrin retainers (not brass or steel) which is way smoother, and harder balls.

So when talking about bearings, make sure your comparing apples to apples, not tuna fish to caviar.

and last, the SPEED market was never my target demographic, which is what I've been telling everyone here from the start. everyone keeps taking it personal, like we dont care, we dont listen, we just wanna make crap, fleece the industry and take skaters money, thats ridiculous.

its a little hypocritical, the same people on this forum saying we're just building crap,and taking skaters hard earned money, are the same people that are selling this "crap" to other people online and in their shops. Ask them why? Bet you dimes to dollars they wont stop. Why supply other skaters with crap that you wouldnt use yourself or sell to your 'buddies'? huh?? well??

Just something to think about.

Last edited by Quadzilla; April 3rd, 2009 at 07:58 AM.
Quadzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:06 PM   #126
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

Great Info, for a lot of us that don't have nearly as much "Quad Speed" background. Thanks for sharing with us. --The little I can add, is that the new "Heartless" wheels are the lightest wheels I carry at this time. And that the two Derby Girls that are test driving the first two sets that Mo sent me, have not taken them off. And since they both have a large collection of high end wheel, that tells me something. Only time will tell how they wear, and how they hold up.---I'm just glad somebody is out there trying to move the bar up. Are any wheels perfect, maybe not. but it seems like folks are trying. and what else can we ask.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 05:39 PM   #127
The Notorious DGD
Has Too Many Skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
Great Info, for a lot of us that don't have nearly as much "Quad Speed" background. Thanks for sharing with us. --The little I can add, is that the new "Heartless" wheels are the lightest wheels I carry at this time. And that the two Derby Girls that are test driving the first two sets that Mo sent me, have not taken them off. And since they both have a large collection of high end wheel, that tells me something. Only time will tell how they wear, and how they hold up.---I'm just glad somebody is out there trying to move the bar up. Are any wheels perfect, maybe not. but it seems like folks are trying. and what else can we ask.
So far, our local test-drivers seem really happy with Heartless wheels as well.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 07:13 PM   #128
CrazeeDave
Geriatric Quad Class

Default venture outdoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
How can i insult your intelligence, i dont even know you.

Heres a little education on your bearings.

1. to notice the tolerance differences (ABEC rating), you would have to be skating at 50,000 RPM, which even the fastest skaters in the world arent hitting.

2. Standard 608Z bearings are built for floating parts in machines WITHOUT loads, ie. sewing machines, blenders, weed eaters, which is why they dont last very long and bog down under skating loads. Most are packed in grease to survive the shipping across the ocean, and keep from rusting.(usually 1's and 3's). Yes, oiled bearings will tend to roll smoother and a little better. The olny way to know if the "roll longer" is to do a test in a controlled enviroment with a machine, same wheels, same surfuce, same conditions, same loads, etc. See where im going with this???

3. Bones are specifically engineered for skateboard and rollerskating, to handle loads, which is why they dont adhere to the ABEC rating system. China reds are more equivalent to a 7 or 9, than they are a 3. They are also manufactured with better parts like removable shields, delrin retainers (not brass or steel) which is way smoother, and harder balls.
Good post Quadzilla

Most folks just go slowly round and round in a smooth dustless moistureless rink.
For those that venture outdoors, the equipment obviously needs tweaking.
Most skateboard hardware is automatically designed with outdoors in mind.
Multi-use obviously require more attention. EG: road then rink
Myself, I roll outside even when it's wet and require bearings that water cannot get into = grease packed.
Nothing worse than bearings that make a crunching noise....lol.

Keep well
CrazeeDave
CrazeeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2009, 04:04 AM   #129
Holiday Guy
Doing It Old School

Look like S E D S got me I'm in for a set of the Chasers and a set of the new Atom Dubz
Old September 17th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #130
prozoo

Default plastic hubs...

My plastic/polymer Glock and XDM shoots pretty darn well....Weighs less than those metal framed Kimbers, Springfield 1911's and shoot just as well...If poly is good enough for my pistols I'll take it in my wheels as well.
prozoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #131
prozoo

But then again there is that bling factor
Old September 17th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #132
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozoo View Post
My plastic/polymer Glock and XDM shoots pretty darn well....Weighs less than those metal framed Kimbers, Springfield 1911's and shoot just as well...If poly is good enough for my pistols I'll take it in my wheels as well.
WTF???

Nothing like taking 3 months.. to comment.. and then talking about your pea shooter...

*shakes head*...
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:36 AM   #133
prozoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
WTF???

Nothing like taking 3 months.. to comment.. and then talking about your pea shooter...

*shakes head*...
Now, now settle down Just kidding around a little bit. I wasn't trying to be to serious and pull your strings.
but .45 and .40 are large freaking pees...

NOTE: Now in response to the WTF 3 months comment...I'll say this some of you know I have health issues and if you check my posts I've been away for a while. I haven't been online here until recently, very recently because I was undergoing treatments from Atlanta to the Mayo Clinic on and off for the summer. So that may have contributed to my delay in response to this thread. Now my intention was not to attack anything you said, sorry if you took it that way...
Cheers!

Last edited by prozoo; September 18th, 2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old September 19th, 2009, 04:50 AM   #134
8-Ball

Quote:
Now, now settle down Just kidding around a little bit. I wasn't trying to be to serious and pull your strings.
but .45 and .40 are large freaking pees...

NOTE: Now in response to the WTF 3 months comment...I'll say this some of you know I have health issues and if you check my posts I've been away for a while. I haven't been online here until recently, very recently because I was undergoing treatments from Atlanta to the Mayo Clinic on and off for the summer. So that may have contributed to my delay in response to this thread. Now my intention was not to attack anything you said, sorry if you took it that way...
Cheers!
Old September 25th, 2009, 04:47 PM   #135
MRDUSTIN123
Hi! how are ya?

Quote:
i got rid of my XDM i didnt like the grip on it. but ive got a couple other XDs that i love!
Old October 1st, 2009, 04:48 PM   #136
prozoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRDUSTIN123 View Post
i got rid of my XDM i didnt like the grip on it. but ive got a couple other XDs that i love!
Yeah those XD's are hard to beat...Still have my compact with the cool mag ext...
Old October 1st, 2009, 04:56 PM   #137
prozoo

That's awesome MRDUSTIN, just noticed you like to bowl, that's one of my favorite sports! Can't enjoy it much anymore due to some health issues but boy that was my sport for a while...Really wanted to go on tour back 15 years ago...Sorry for the off topic but just thought it was cool that you like bowling