S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Quad Speed
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Speed Discussions about speed skating in quad roller skates.

Old April 5th, 2015, 07:44 PM   #1
groldan

Default 3h Ribera

Next Sunday its the 3h Ribera, a 3 hours skating marathon, near Burgos (Spain), in the Kotarr Circuit. Its possible to skate in Teams (2 or 3) or Solo/Individual.

http://rollerburgos.com/3h-ribera-2015/

I will go in Quads. I do believe it's an insteresting skating event, and the registration is still open, for anyone intested in.

Regards,
Guille
groldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2015, 09:05 PM   #2
groldan

We were there finally. An interesting experience. Very hard, due to the asphalt, and also there were wind. Anyway, we finished in positions 14 and 18 in the individual classification (there were about 60 skaters in individual; all the other skaters were in teams of two or three). Of course, all skaters were inline, except us.

Here you can see some pictures an a video we found in Facebook about us (the only two quad skaters there):
http://www.madridrollerquad.es/event...015_Quads.aspx

We have to improve for the next year. Now, training and waiting for the next Skating Marathon in Vitoria (Martin Fiz).

Regards,
Guille
Old April 27th, 2015, 05:46 AM   #3
Armadillo

Thanks for posting the update. That asphalt roughness for the Burgos race looks really terrible. Even with your 76mm narrowed ABEC-11 wheels I expect numb feet from vibrations might have been an issue. The choice of plates being Avenger and Arius was not going to be offering you guys much in the way of vibration dampening either.

I congratulate the both of you for finishing. I can imagine some spots where the rough asphalt, head wind and an uphill slope must have really been a challenge for you guys to keep rolling at all!

-Armadilo
Old April 27th, 2015, 03:34 PM   #4
groldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
... Even with your 76mm narrowed ABEC-11 wheels ...
Hi Armadillo,

They are 90mm narrowed ABEC-11 wheels (my friend used the 76mm Kryptonics Classic K).

Anyway, even with the 90mm wheels, there was a lot of vibration. For me, the main problem was that these wheels was narrowed to 30mm with 25mm contact patch, so taking the curves at 40kmh in this asphalt was a bit difficult, because they have a bad grip. You can see it in the video, at the end ;-(

I guess a wider wheel would be a best choice in this asphalt (better grip and stability). I will try next year ;-)

Thanks !
Guille
Old May 5th, 2015, 05:27 PM   #5
Armadillo

Do you think it is wider wheels that you needed, or maybe if the wheels had wider spacing with same wheel width?

-Armadillo
Old May 5th, 2015, 09:56 PM   #6
groldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
Do you think it is wider wheels that you needed, or maybe if the wheels had wider spacing with same wheel width?
For this race, 35mm contact patch or more would be my recommendation.

For my Avenger plates, I guess the FlyWheels 83mm 81a sideset (37mm width) or the Orangatang Kegel 80mm 80a sideset (43mm width) could be the best options in that asphalt.

Regards,
Guille