S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum > Outdoor Quads
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outdoor Quads Discussions about outdoor quad skates and any discussion relatd to skating on quad roller skatse outdoors.

Old April 30th, 2010, 01:08 AM   #21
Armadillo

Default Yes, strange skate design..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmTruk View Post
That Alpha 1 sure is one crazy looking skate.
As strange as the skate is, consider the fact that those Twister wheels are as good an outdoor wheel as you can find AT ANY PRICE.
If you bought two sets of Alpha skates, stripped off the wheels and bearings and tossed the skates in the garbage. The resulting two sets of Twister wheels (8x 65mm and 8x70mm) would be well worth the total price!
I am NOT exaggerating on this either!

-Armadillo
Old April 30th, 2010, 02:29 AM   #22
Jakelin

Thanks for the reply Armadillo. Do you think it would be better to buy an extra set of 70mm and put them on so that you have a 70mm/70mm front and back? I would think that having a smaller wheel on the back might feel funny, or would the average (or less than average skater in my case) not feel the difference?

Also, PM sent...
Jakelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 04:18 AM   #23
Armadillo

Default These skates have a substantial heel elevation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakelin View Post
Thanks for the reply Armadillo. Do you think it would be better to buy an extra set of 70mm and put them on so that you have a 70mm/70mm front and back? I would think that having a smaller wheel on the back might feel funny, or would the average (or less than average skater in my case) not feel the difference?

Also, PM sent...
Actually, with the 1/2" plus heel elevation of these skates, switching the smaller wheels to the rear works rather well to achieve a more level boot & plate, and to better match up with the demands of skating outdoors. Plus it keeps the weight lower too. They would roll slightly better though if all wheels were a matching 70mm, but the 65mm twisters still have very good roll too and the rear wheels have less of an effect on the skates overall roll than the front wheels do.

The only way to get more 70mm Twisters that I know of is to buy a 2nd pair of the skates, as they are not typically sold alone.

-Armadillo
Old April 30th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #24
Iggy
DGS Racing

Or just get you some soccer cleats, plates, and a set of Velocity Race wheels

Old September 20th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #25
Deafchick
Learn It Live It Love It

I took a chance and brought these skates. I hope they will last me a while if I want to upgrade.
Deafchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 06:02 AM   #26
Armadillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakelin View Post

Also, PM sent...
The 70mm wheels will not work on the front of these skates because the toe stop is designed so close to the 65mm wheels already that the 70mm wheels will hit the toe stop rubber in turns. I tried putting the 70mm up front and 65mm at rear since the front wheels have the toughest duty outdoors, but this would not work.

-Armadillo
Old October 3rd, 2010, 06:03 PM   #27
Deafchick
Learn It Live It Love It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deafchick View Post
I took a chance and brought these skates. I hope they will last me a while if I want to upgrade.
I have to return these; not a good fit for me.
Deafchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2016, 11:57 PM   #28
osrix

New to the Forum and buying a few things to get me skating again after a long break, I stumbled on a pair of these on ebay, for 40 (im in the UK) I didnt realise the wheels were 2 differnt sizes!! Now looking for another pair to match up the wheels
osrix is offline   Reply With Quote