S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old January 12th, 2017, 06:26 PM   #41
spdkls

I like my frames centered. If I'm toe dominant, I can fly outdoors, but suck indoors. I had the LSR, and I really liked it, but once again with my 165 mount boot, it was too toe dominant.
spdkls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2017, 02:07 AM   #42
panch0

Default EO 3x125-13.0 w MPC Black Magic

I skate road exclusively and I've been now skating for 6 months on my "new" EO 3x125- 13.0 with MPC Black Magics.

I previously skated for a whole year on the Cado Motus Transformer using the 3x125 set up with the Matter blue colored One20Five's.

I skate on a 4 mile loop that is moderately rough and usually has debris on it.

I find the EO to be much more stiff than the Transformer when it comes to pushing hard. I am not really finding that the EO takes vibration efficiently as we think carbon fiber will do; that's how stiff this frame is. I feel that the EO's track extremely well on the pavement, much more than the Transformer. In general I am very happy with the EO and I'm only sorry I didn't buy them in 13.2 though I'm very happy with the 13.0 since I skate road only.

What I am finding that has made a difference in damping vibrations from the road is the MPC wheel. The rounder and wider profile of Black Magics, as compared to Matter One20Five, is what I feel takes the shock much better. Perhaps is a combination of frame/wheel set up or even the difference in urethane but in my opinion is mostly the wheel and not the frame.

I have no complaints from the Matter One20Five's that I used for 1600 miles. They served me well and they wore extremely evenly down to 121.5 during those 1600 miles. I have no complaints either from the Cado Motus Transformer. I think it's a great frame that performs very well.

I think everything that's out there these days is pretty darned good quality and it will really come down to either your taste, preference, or how much you are willing to spend.
Old January 30th, 2017, 02:53 PM   #43
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Update, it's been close to three weeks since I started using the EO frames and I haven't been having much luck.

With my 3-row 165mm mount Simmons boot, I can get the wheels close to centered, but there is a slight amount more heel wheels than toe. This is causing me to skate out over my toes during indoor short track and is causing a lot of shin and calf cramping. I have tried to alter my position, sitting back a little, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

I did try them once outdoor on a surprise high-40 degree (F) day. (I'm in the northeast US) with a set of MPC Black Magic wheels and my results were the same as Pancho's. The carbon seems to have allow surprising amount of vibration up into my feet. Quite a bit more than the aluminum Flyke frames did with several different wheel types (Matter One20Five, Roll'X X-Road, and Powerslide Megacruiser).

So, as an experiment, I have put the shorter Flyke frames back on to see if the shin and calf cramping subsides. I guess I'll go from there.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2017, 03:27 PM   #44
spdkls

I've gone to the simmons 13 and love it.
spdkls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2017, 11:15 PM   #45
panch0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckboucher View Post
So, as an experiment, I have put the shorter Flyke frames back on to see if the shin and calf cramping subsides. I guess I'll go from there.
Sounds good, keep us posted.

My custom Simmons boot is perfectly centered on my EO. My spacing is 195

Last edited by panch0; February 2nd, 2017 at 02:39 AM.
panch0 is offline   Reply With Quote