S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old November 12th, 2006, 03:48 PM   #61
buzzinghornet
mobile chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Buzz - it was at the Upper Tampa Bay trail. It's at that hard right at the end of the trail (mile 0). If I ever get around to posting that video, everyone will get to see where I crashed.
hmmmm........ if memory serves me correctly, it is a pretty tight turn. How fast were you going (over 20?) for you to bounced off the fence?

Quote:
The kid was fascinated with the stitches. He asked if they hurt, and I said no What did you get stitches for?
Is this the first time you have stitches?
buzzinghornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #62
SeJoWa

Happy to read your accident didn't turn out as bad as the thread title suggested. Hrmpf. Whew. Impressive pic, too.

Certain gentlemen do cultivate a mightily mellifluous tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
You don't have to be going fast to cause major damage, and people don't seem to understand that. I know what my family will be getting for Christmas

The kid was fascinated with the stitches. He asked if they hurt, and I said no What did you get stitches for?
Kids! Grownups! I managed to wipe out just fooling around waiting for a light to turn green. Maybe Helmets need a more enticing name. Like BrainGuards.

Best wishes for your recovery!
SeJoWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 05:07 PM   #63
online inline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeJoWa View Post
Maybe Helmets need a more enticing name. Like BrainGuards!
"Brain Buckets" Think i heard that somewhere.
online inline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 10:08 PM   #64
Pepper Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeJoWa View Post
Certain gentlemen do cultivate a mightily mellifluous tone.
Sejowa,
I agree with you. Some people come across like pompous jerks. Speedy and Dgerescher take note, we're watching you two!

Take care,
Dave
Pepper Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 12:13 AM   #65
speedysktr
President of Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Morgan View Post
Sejowa,
I agree with you. Some people come across like pompous jerks. Speedy and Dgerescher take note, we're watching you two!

Take care,
Dave
okay, game over.
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 02:30 AM   #66
Pepper Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
okay, game over.
I'm changing my moniker from Mr. Fantastic to Mr. Melliflous. Why Texas? That is bugging me... I'm enjoying the ponder time though.
Pepper Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #67
dgerescher

Hey Jessica (a.k.a. Frankenear),

Hope you are doing well. I thought about you this weekend as I was doing my long skate. Every now and again I get these thoughts that with the new skating regime I will be able to race with you and speedy. As I was approaching my twenty mile mark and preparing for my water/snack break I looked back at how I was skating and had a reality moment. I'm afraid I will probably never be able to race in the same pack as you two. One is just flat ability and the other is I just don't train nearly as hard as both of you. Around the thirty mile mark I decided to go five more miles and call it quits for the day. As I was coming up on a downhill I decided to continue with the hard pushing and just go fast. I stopped pushing near the bottom because a turn was coming and I was now unstable. I slowed down before the turn.

After my skate, stretching I was thinking how timid I am and how I approach my limits with caution, sort of test them out then test out again then go forward. You and speedy just go full bore. There is the difference between champions and a regular kind of skater.
dgerescher is offline   Reply With Quote