S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

View Poll Results: Your favorite speed skating boot (list in alphabetical order)
Bont 46 39.32%
Cado Motus 2 1.71%
Canariam 0 0%
Hyper 4 3.42%
Luigino 13 11.11%
Pinnacle 7 5.98%
Powerslide 14 11.97%
Simmons 18 15.38%
Verducci 4 3.42%
Other 9 7.69%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 12th, 2008, 06:21 PM   #121
albanyinline
GT Speed (Albany, GA)

1+ for Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyB View Post
I can find out abotu the carbon, but im 99% sure yes, USA,...leather yes, padding yes, buckle yes, shoe laces who knows, blocks yes (thanks George), drills probably not, bolts yes, socks pretty sure!

i know there are some things that are built into the boot that are not US made, but 100% the construction of the boot is here in usa, i buid it from START to FINISH cut the leather, sew it, gring the padding, lay up the carbon, sand the carbon, all the way to putting each eylet in one at a time
I need your help. I skate mostly outdoors and currently in the half marathon range (~13 miles)

I need a custom boot for this purpose. Would you make the boot a little higher cut to hold the ankles better?

If I needed a racing boot for short sprints (up to 1000 m), would you make them lower cut?

What is your opinion on reinforcing the frame mounting holes with helicoil?

[URL="http://www.albanygtspeed.com"]GT Speed (Albany)[/URL]

Last edited by albanyinline; June 12th, 2008 at 06:59 PM. Reason: additional paragraph
albanyinline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 07:08 PM   #122
JimmyB
Pinnacle Footwear Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanyinline View Post
1+ for Jimmy

I need your help. I skate mostly outdoors and currently in the half marathon range (~13 miles)

I need a custom boot for this purpose. Would you make the boot a little higher cut to hold the ankles better?

If I needed a racing boot for short sprints (up to 1000 m), would you make them lower cut?

What is your opinion on reinforcing the frame mounting holes with helicoil?
Yes, i can build a boot a little higher is you like, but i really dont recommend it for half, or even full marathons. its up to the custome on where he/she likes the height of the boot. Sprints, the same thing. If you like it, i can make it shorter, but when i build the boots with no specific height required, i build the boots to a happy medium, so you can get the best of both worlds.

I dont reinforce the mounting with helicoils, but if threads are damaged they can be helicoiled very easily. On the Tsunami, i have switched to a 9mm block, (fully threaded) and its a M6 threaded bolt, so you really shouldnt have a problem with any reinforcing problems.

gotta go make a supply run! talk to yall later!
JimmyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:01 PM   #123
RallySoob
Gravel Ace

Default Because I'm a car guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicycle1234 View Post
It is even funnier to see that Alx is upset because the "Made in USA" guys considers his Australia/China made boots a Ford (a pure US brand), and the 99.9% US built boots a Ferrari (a Italian brand). Am I the only one seeing the irony here?

So let's stick to the grade of the carbon and aluminum/magnesium, the customer service, the votes by the customer, then you will get our orders:-)

Unicycle

and if they were race programs:

Bont= Subaru Tecnica International

Pinnacle= ProDrive

Simmons= Hyundai Racing
RallySoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:06 PM   #124
unicycle1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySoob View Post
and if they were race programs:

Bont= Subaru Tecnica International

Pinnacle= ProDrive

Simmons= Hyundai Racing
I'm not getting it, ProDrive=US, Hyundai=Korea, but Bont=Japan? Anyways, does Hyundai have a racing car? You just made that up?
unicycle1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:20 PM   #125
RallySoob
Gravel Ace

Default WuSaA

Quote:
I'm not getting it, ProDrive=US, Hyundai=Korea, but Bont=Japan? Anyways, does Hyundai have a racing car? You just made that up?

Hyundai has a very aggresive rally program; but Korean... They are smaller than big time corps like Subaru (Bont) but larger than specialized race companies like ProDrive (Pinnacle). ProDrive is the leader in race technology But...Subaru Tecnica Int runs the show. Simmons is actualy equivelent to ProDrive also

Last edited by RallySoob; June 13th, 2008 at 03:00 PM.
RallySoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 01:38 PM   #126
albanyinline
GT Speed (Albany, GA)

Quote:
Alx is upset because the "Made in USA" guys considers his Australia/China made boots a Ford (a pure US brand).
Ford is considered a mass market brand in the US, somewhere in the middle between the Yugo and the Mercedes.

Quote:
the 99.9% US built boots a Ferrari (a Italian brand).
Ferrari is a low production exclusive model. How many Ferraris do you see on the road in your town every day?

[URL="http://www.albanygtspeed.com"]GT Speed (Albany)[/URL]

Last edited by albanyinline; June 13th, 2008 at 01:44 PM. Reason: typo
albanyinline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 01:04 AM   #127
dadydcare

I can speak on a few brands listed on this thread. I have skated on bont, simmons, pinnacle, cado motus, luigino and a few more. my current supply is Bont 3-point Jet setup, a Simmons American Strat with a LS ION, and a Luigino Pilot. I can honestly say the bont 3-point setup is awesome for outside. i can skate just as fast on it outside with 4x100 as i can with the simmons and a 4x110 or 3x110/1x100. im not a elite skater nor am i in shape to try and talk like i am one either, i skate a 13 mile loop in a average time of 45 mins so it aint like im breaking land speed records. i can honestly say if bont is making this journey to the 3-point setup to aim at outside skaters then they have a good product going. if you are a indoor skater then in my opinion stay clear. go with a pinnacle or a simmons. i am currently on a simmons inside but i am very excited and looking forward to switching to a pinnacle. i think jimmy goes above and beyond to meet the needs and demands of his customers and fellow skaters. and in the 5 years off and on that i have been skating in the region with him i have yet to ever see or hear anyone talk bad or down about his products or customer service. you may not have the problems i did with the bonts inside again this is just my point of view you may not have the same outcome. i couldnt get thru warmups without my feet killing me. so again i say if your a outdoor skater try the setup i mean for 426.00 shipped from nettracing for a very high mouldable skate that makes you fall right into a double push every step is not a bad gamble. sorry if i stepped on any toes or if i hurt any feelings. i just wanted to share my opinions on the things i know for a fact....................................................................................................I want to add that in no way shape or form am i sponsored by any of the companies i have commented on and have not been asked to say any of the comments posted in this statement.
Old June 8th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #128
Quadtastic
Quads live!!!

I like Bont the most because I have only had Bonts never had a problem
Quadtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #129
evilzzz

I'm slightly unimpressed that RollerBlade and K2 aren't on the poll.
evilzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 02:47 AM   #130
BWI-Sheldon
Pro Bike Chaser

well they aren't really a speed skate contender, maybe just a introduction to speedskating.
BWI-Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote