S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice)
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice) This forum is different then the other SkateLog forums in that it is not a discussion forum, but rather a place you can ask skate building expert Fred "DocSk8" Benjamin about building and repairing indoor speed, derby, and jamskate quad roller skates. Please start a new thread for each new question.

Old May 27th, 2017, 11:27 PM   #1
Silverado
Silverado

Default Snyder Imperial pivot pin replacement!

Doc, Do you know if the newer Snyder pivot pins have the same thread as the old pins with a 5/16 - 24 thread. Mine only have flat spots on the threaded area to adjust the pin and a nut to lock it down. The pivot pins I see for Snyder Skates have the hex on the pin and nut to lock it down. The thread in the photo's I see look to be course. Maybe just the photo. I don't want to order them without knowing the thread size. My Snyder Imperials are from about 1960. Really in good shape. The pivot cup I see should work fine with the 7/16" OD. Any help would be appreciated. Jim
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2017, 06:34 PM   #2
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
Doc, Do you know if the newer Snyder pivot pins have the same thread as the old pins with a 5/16 - 24 thread.

As far as I am aware it has been the same since the beginning.

Mine only have flat spots on the threaded area to adjust the pin and a nut to lock it down.

Yeah OG....

The pivot pins I see for Snyder Skates have the hex on the pin and nut to lock it down. The thread in the photo's I see look to be course.

It's not.

Maybe just the photo.

Most likely.

I don't want to order them without knowing the thread size.

You do...

My Snyder Imperials are from about 1960.

Interesting. I was not aware they had been around that long.... But then again, I never dug into it.

Really in good shape.

Snyders will out last man kind if well cred for and not abused.

The pivot cup I see should work fine with the 7/16" OD.

Ya got me there... Pivot cups are not replaceable on hanger style Snyder plates. The cup is hardened steel and pressed in. The pivot pin is designed to wear out long before the cup.

Any help would be appreciated. Jim

So tell me about the pivot cup/s. If they have issues you should send the plate/s back to Snyder to get them fixed. I have yet to see a non factory repair that looked anywhere close to right.

Last edited by Doc Sk8; May 31st, 2017 at 06:10 AM. Reason: I can't spell, and the spell checker didn't help either.
Doc Sk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 05:58 PM   #3
dvw
Secretary of Skate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
I have yet to see a non factory repair that looked anywhere close to right.
Well, and I'll add to that, you can't buy the parts retail to do the job yourself for what it will cost to have Snyder do it. And they generally ship them back out same day. And yes, it's done right. That's been my experience, anyway.