S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Old April 19th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #21
slowsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom View Post
Well of course it would be submaximal. To try the above with anything close to a max effort..well...

So let's take pushups. So let's say you can do pushups for a prescribed amount of time...30 seconds...you do them slow and let's say you do 10...I'll do them fast and do 45. Who has done more work?

Force=M/A
Work=F/D
Power=W/T

And some articles for your reading pleasure if you would like to know how lifting fast translates to getting stronger.

http://www.westside-barbell.com/west...hods_feb07.pdf

http://www.westside-barbell.com/arti...ynamic-method/
Who does the most work is not always the same as who has worked the hardest.
But you really like to take a simple comment and turn it into "my workout is the only way"
I'm not saying your workout won't work well.
Only that you are wrong to say Stupid and contradictory" and
" strength and slowly" don't belong in the same sentence"
Post all the links you like, we could post links saying all kinds of things.
The point is people like different workouts, some work better for some people then others.
Not everyone has the same goals, or wants the same results.
slowsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #22
Malcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsk8 View Post
Who does the most work is not always the same as who has worked the hardest.
But you really like to take a simple comment and turn it into "my workout is the only way"
I'm not saying your workout won't work well.
Only that you are wrong to say Stupid and contradictory" and
" strength and slowly" don't belong in the same sentence"
Post all the links you like, we could post links saying all kinds of things.
The point is people like different workouts, some work better for some people then others.
Not everyone has the same goals, or wants the same results.
I see...

Yeah god forbid you actually read and learn something. I addressed one singular topic...the idea that doing this type of workout will make you stronger....it won't...contrary if you are actually in any type of shape, it will make you weaker because you are training your body to be slower.

Wanna know the difference between links that you would post and links that I would post? Links I post are from the gym that houses the strongest people on the planet and employs these training methods. What about yours? I know..."they have researched in a lab"....wonder what kind of bench, squat, and deadlift "they" have or the people they conduct this "research" on....

Wonder what yours is?

And "you" always seem to chime in when I post LOL...
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #23
skaterdog

What about squats?
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #24
Malcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaterdog View Post
What about squats?
LMAO...my favorite topic..

They suck..they have no relevance to skating...and you should do leg presses instead
Old April 19th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #25
slowsk8

Quote:
I see...

Yeah god forbid you actually read and learn something. I addressed one singular topic...the idea that doing this type of workout will make you stronger....it won't...contrary if you are actually in any type of shape, it will make you weaker because you are training your body to be slower.

Wanna know the difference between links that you would post and links that I would post? Links I post are from the gym that houses the strongest people on the planet and employs these training methods. What about yours? I know..."they have researched in a lab"....wonder what kind of bench, squat, and deadlift "they" have or the people they conduct this "research" on....

Wonder what yours is?

And "you" always seem to chime in when I post LOL...
I read, and understand. You seem unable to do the same. Your just into "my links better then your link"
I'll try one more time.
NO WORKOUT IS BEST FOR EVERYONE ALL THE TIME. Not everyone wants to be the strongest man in the world.
I am not saying your training is stupid
But trying to make the point that you should not call others stupid
When you think your way is better, just say "I think this works better"
slowsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #26
streamline
Fifty, and loving it!

Quote:
Not true when speaking of working out to develop stronger (notice I said stronger not bigger) body. Now will some make greater advances than others because of a genetic disposition? For sure. Will some have better results because they take in better fuel than another? Yes. Will some make bigger strides because they give their bodies the proper rest and implement a recovery regimen? Absolutely. But percent training...dynamic effort/maximal day works for anyone...from a teenager just starting to lift, to a professional football player, a powerlifter, and yes even a skater....
All I can say is I've know individuals that have tried one program to gain size and fail only to try another and succeed. I don't no why, maybe not following the program correctly, or not putting the effort in because it doesn't feel right, I can't say. I for one have never had any difficulty with any program. Of course I was going on observation not any type of data.
streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #27
PBLsQuad450

Competitive power lifters and Olympic strength athletes (Snatches and Clean and Jerks) spend as much or more time lifting for speed and acceleration as they do lifting for maximum load. Think about it, can you jump higher with a running or bounding start or from a stand-still? Accelerate slowly at a stand still and see how high off the ground you get? Their goal is, of course, to lift the most weight. And that might not apply to the OP.
Old April 20th, 2013, 02:17 AM   #28
streamline
Fifty, and loving it!

This is a site that talks alot about HIIT http://www.bodybyscience.net/home.html/

The training facility is run by Doug McGuff. It is said to be of the top training facilities. I like the site, good place to expand one knowledge on working out.
streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #29
evilzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBLsQuad450 View Post
Arthur Jones was ahead of his time! Training depends on the goal ultimately, but HIT has a place and sport science is showing it.
^This!

HIIT has a firm place in just about all training regimes, but don't be fooled into thinking that you can throw out the base work.
There is good reason why distance runners regularly log over 100 miles a week. Likewise with endurance skating.

Check out "Tabata intervals" too for perhaps the most hardcore HIIT programme.
evilzzz is offline   Reply With Quote