S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum > Inline Artistic
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inline Artistic Discussions about artistic skating on inline figure skates.

Old March 11th, 2007, 09:29 PM   #1
ILskater

Default Name/website of inline plate from Italy????

Hello does anyone know the contact number and web site for the inline plates made in Italy? Thanks
ILskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2007, 10:18 PM   #2
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILskater View Post
Hello does anyone know the contact number and web site for the inline plates made in Italy? Thanks
not sure, do you know the manufacturers name? is it a rolline plate?
Old March 11th, 2007, 10:43 PM   #3
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
not sure, do you know the manufacturers name? is it a rolline plate?
If it is, their web site is www.roll-line.com .
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 02:50 AM   #4
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

never heard of the one mentioned.. roll-line are not developing one due to the lack of demand and cost... sadly... the only one in italy i know of is/was the Risport one..
rolaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 03:31 AM   #5
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolaboi View Post
never heard of the one mentioned.. roll-line are not developing one due to the lack of demand and cost... sadly... the only one in italy i know of is/was the Risport one..
Were the Pro plates Italian? I've seen mounted on Mc Ruben boot. One of the girls in my club skates on them, they are a 3 wheel plate, no rocker, like the Triax.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 12:56 AM   #6
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

IF any one could help on this?
So what is considered the better of the inline plates?
I mean is there one that the better Artistic skaters use?

If there are a few could someone name them?

Thanks!
Old March 14th, 2007, 02:12 AM   #7
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastskater View Post
IF any one could help on this?
So what is considered the better of the inline plates?
I mean is there one that the better Artistic skaters use?

If there are a few could someone name them?

Thanks!
wow many preferences, the triad is well liked with art skaters here, also theres the pic plate and probably others i dont know of lol. gee thought i would be able to name more then that.
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:15 AM   #8
Latinboy

Quote:
Which kind of inline plates do you wear, Rolaboi?
Latinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 09:16 AM   #9
tguido56

The Italian Risport inline plates named Galaxie were made in 1995, about 12 years ago, and were discontinued few years later.
They were three-wheeled, lightweight, made of Alu alloy, flat setup (no pre-built rockering), available in 5 different lengths and mounting a standard round toe stop.
There are few chances nowadays to find a couple of such plates. A Google search with the words "Risport Galaxie" may reveal the few online shops that can still have them. You can at least find some photos of the plates.
On the page http://www.zuonline.ch/sportthema/sp...a.cfm?vID=3076 you can see the Swiss skater Melanie Bernhard using the Risport plates. In the article she tells that she had to buy the plates via Internet.
Risport itself is unable to give help in finding distributors that can still have the product.
In any case there are their contact details:
Risport Skates - Rossignol Lange
Workshop: Risport Skates - Via S. Gaetano, 243 - I-31044 - Montebelluna (TV) - ITALY
Email: info@risport.it, Web: http://www.risport.com/
Commercial offices: Rossignol Lange - Via Dell'Industria, 1 - I-38010 Taio (TN) - ITALY
Tel: +39 0423 616611, Fax +39 0423 603133

The Italian Atlas inline plates underwent a similar story.
The Atlas plates are somehow similar to the Risports, but with a stronger construction and with the back wheel protruding a bit out of the frame, so assuring a longer, more stable standing length.
At least the Spanish online shop Lestel Skates http://lestelskates.com/ seems to have some Atlas plate.
Go to the site and choose the category "Artístico Línea". The tiny image can be enlarged.

The inline plates more recently used by the Italian athletes in worldwide competitions are the Pro Skate, formerly known as McRuben Pro or simply McRuben. The present name of the product is Butterfly.
They show the same general design of the former Risport and Atlas plates, with 3 wheels, estruded lightweight 6082 Alu alloy, flat setup (no pre-built rockering), available in 7 different lengths (wheelbase 146mm, 151mm, 156mm, 162mm, 168mm, 174mm, 180mm) and mounting a standard round toe stop. The frame can come complete with a set of 6 high quality Labeda wheels (Gripper Xtreme or Shooters or Lazer).
To have a look at the product go to the producer's site and choose Ingles (English) -> Product -> Artistic -> Frames
Contact details:
ProSkate srl
Zona industriale Via Maniago, 105/a - I-33085 Maniago (PN) - ITALY
Tel. +39 0427 701779, Fax +39 0427 700400, Email: info@prosk8.it, Web: http://www.prosk8.com/

Please note that any of the above flat frames can be rockered by 2mm simply by putting a smaller wheel on the front, e.g.: 72mm + 76mm + 76mm, or 76mm + 80mm + 80mm.
tguido56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:18 AM   #10
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinboy View Post
Which kind of inline plates do you wear, Rolaboi?
I always, and only skated on the Custom V1's.. there are skaters on them all over the world including Tammy Bryant, Kristen Slade, Sarah Jane Jones, Eric Tranouez (spelling! sorry Eric!!), Patrick Aimes... so so many..

The new Custom V2 is set for release now, its available in different colours too!! and more importantly improved on the V1...

Custom Inlines

by the way..at worlds in Bordeaux, 1993, they were doing some promo for the inline skates and a Canadian boy offered to skate in them and do a demo..

the following year at worlds in Italy (`94), Ruben Genchi was doing demos in the cafe area with a booth to promote the inline frame (i cant remember which one, I'm guessing his and Risport)... he was doing sit spins and double mapes in the cafe! it was great...
rolaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:18 PM   #11
rwsz

Quote:
I always, and only skated on the Custom V1's.. there are skaters on them all over the world including Tammy Bryant, Kristen Slade, Sarah Jane Jones, Eric Tranouez (spelling! sorry Eric!!), Patrick Aimes... so so many..

The new Custom V2 is set for release now, its available in different colours too!! and more importantly improved on the V1...

Custom Inlines

by the way..at worlds in Bordeaux, 1993, they were doing some promo for the inline skates and a Canadian boy offered to skate in them and do a demo..

the following year at worlds in Italy (`94), Ruben Genchi was doing demos in the cafe area with a booth to promote the inline frame (i cant remember which one, I'm guessing his and Risport)... he was doing sit spins and double mapes in the cafe! it was great...

i remember when they introduced the inlines here in the usa at nationals, they had different world class men demonstrating them and they were able to do the spins to a degree and double jumps easily and even a couple of triples. i think i saw eric a., toby m. and greg s., on them then.
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:11 PM   #12
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

Quote:
Originally Posted by tguido56 View Post
The Italian Risport inline plates named Galaxie were made in 1995, about 12 years ago, and were discontinued few years later.
They were three-wheeled, lightweight, made of Alu alloy, flat setup (no pre-built rockering), available in 5 different lengths and mounting a standard round toe stop.
There are few chances nowadays to find a couple of such plates. A Google search with the words "Risport Galaxie" may reveal the few online shops that can still have them. You can at least find some photos of the plates.
On the page http://www.zuonline.ch/sportthema/sp...a.cfm?vID=3076 you can see the Swiss skater Melanie Bernhard using the Risport plates. In the article she tells that she had to buy the plates via Internet.
Risport itself is unable to give help in finding distributors that can still have the product.
In any case there are their contact details:
Risport Skates - Rossignol Lange
Workshop: Risport Skates - Via S. Gaetano, 243 - I-31044 - Montebelluna (TV) - ITALY
Email: info@risport.it, Web: http://www.risport.com/
Commercial offices: Rossignol Lange - Via Dell'Industria, 1 - I-38010 Taio (TN) - ITALY
Tel: +39 0423 616611, Fax +39 0423 603133

The Italian Atlas inline plates underwent a similar story.
The Atlas plates are somehow similar to the Risports, but with a stronger construction and with the back wheel protruding a bit out of the frame, so assuring a longer, more stable standing length.
At least the Spanish online shop Lestel Skates http://lestelskates.com/ seems to have some Atlas plate.
Go to the site and choose the category "Artístico Línea". The tiny image can be enlarged.

The inline plates more recently used by the Italian athletes in worldwide competitions are the Pro Skate, formerly known as McRuben Pro or simply McRuben. The present name of the product is Butterfly.
They show the same general design of the former Risport and Atlas plates, with 3 wheels, estruded lightweight 6082 Alu alloy, flat setup (no pre-built rockering), available in 7 different lengths (wheelbase 146mm, 151mm, 156mm, 162mm, 168mm, 174mm, 180mm) and mounting a standard round toe stop. The frame can come complete with a set of 6 high quality Labeda wheels (Gripper Xtreme or Shooters or Lazer).
To have a look at the product go to the producer's site and choose Ingles (English) -> Product -> Artistic -> Frames
Contact details:
ProSkate srl
Zona industriale Via Maniago, 105/a - I-33085 Maniago (PN) - ITALY
Tel. +39 0427 701779, Fax +39 0427 700400, Email: info@prosk8.it, Web: http://www.prosk8.com/

Please note that any of the above flat frames can be rockered by 2mm simply by putting a smaller wheel on the front, e.g.: 72mm + 76mm + 76mm, or 76mm + 80mm + 80mm.

You are AWESOME!

Ask and you shall receive. Thank you so much!
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:54 AM   #13
eduardoritos

Search for PIC SKATES in SKATETRIX site.
eduardoritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 04:17 AM   #14
Arthur Lee

Search 'Snow White' artistic inline frame in Inlinefigure.com
Arthur Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #15
tguido56

Just to supply other relevant info on the subject of inline artistic plates...

The Snow White plates are made in Taiwan by Double L's International Co. Ltd. and shipped worldwide.
The http://www.inlinefigure.com/ is in fact the Double L's site. The company is administered by Arthur Lee.
For most of the European countries these plates are distributed by
Winner's Skates
http://www.winnerskates.it/
via dell'Artigianato, 4 - Cornuda (TV) - ITALY
Tel.: +0039 0423 839622 - +0039 0423 839979, Fax +0039 0423 839978
For enquiries regarding the Snow White plates you should ask to contact Stephan Bosch

Winner's is also the producer of the line of CF skating boots that, by the way, are made in an "old fashion" way, lightweight, breathable and entirely composed by true leather and natural materials. That's the reason why the Snow White skates can also be purchased already mounted on the CF boots. And maybe that's also the reason for thinking these plates are "made in Italy", while they are not.

The Snow White plates are really a jewel of manufacturing and little remains to be ameliorated. It worths noting that the frame design underwent small but appreciable improvements over the years regarding wheel geometry, optimal distribution of thichnesses, boot-plate interface. Recently the new SpeedMax higher quality wheels particularly suitable for artistic skating have been developed and put into production.
A couple of frames complete with wheels, bearings and toe stops is priced at 220 US$, so at the "cheap side" for this kind of equipment.

The Custom Inlines V2 plates from Australia can be found on http://www.custominlines.com.au/ (on http://www.custominlines.com/ only the V1 is shown, but now there is a link to the new site).
The site is active from mid of April 2007.

There are three different sets of plates, mainly characterised by the inclusion of additional special wheels and toe stops. They are geared for general use, freeskating and dance. The frames are available in three length and even in different colors.
As far as the online photos can tell, the overall geometry of the skates, with their uneven spacing of the 3 wheels, is unchanged from the V1 and is very similar to that of the Snow White frames. The rear wheel has its center under the far end of the heel and the central wheel stays at approx. 45% - 55% respectively from front - rear ones. The special feature of these frames (as the V1 already did) is the possibility to adjust the rockering of the wheels.

The plate, as other products of this kind, is from an extruded bar post-machined with an overall design sweeter than the V1 and recalling in the upper part the old Snyder Triax inline plates.
The ads tell that the new frame is 18% lighter than the V1 and nevertheless stronger than that.
The standard grey and the "super jump" toe stops are evidently by Roll-line Italy. The all-purpose SpeedMax wheels have been developed in cooperation with Double L's, the manufacturer of Snow White frames.

On the site there is the complete price list. A couple of naked frames (w/o wheels and toe stops) starts at 345 AU$, that is about 285 US$ or 210 euros.

And finally why not to mention the new Chinese products?
Well... there are the Shye Jyh plates at http://homelf.kimo.com.tw/shyejyh/ (these are strange because you can accomodate three or four equally spaced wheels at your will) and the Catch Wind plates at http://web.my8d.net/chengchungcic/ (look at the picture with the 3 wheel frame mounted on a Risport boot).
Unfortunately there is little or no (readable) information at all on these plates.
tguido56 is offline   Reply With Quote