S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About This Forum Forum announcements plus how to do things like editing your user profile and dealing with images.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #1
the california kid
member
 
the california kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 782
Default Why I do not like posting on the forum

This Started as Dr demento's wheels for sale on ebay...and someones wise cracks, please read fully..............

Anymore, Because someone always has to add their two cents in on what you are selling. At ebay you buy or you do not. I set my prices and where my item it posted, not you. And a new item is a new item. Wrapping does not change that, you skate wheels, you do not leave them in a package and place them in a closet to admire. And if you want new in package and willing to pay a extra 25% for the package then do so. But some prefer the savings. As well as planning to use what they buy. if you plan to resell (new in the package is better, or to buy as a collectors item) then pay that extra 25%. I would. But if you plan to use than the package has no meaning. If I was asking $200 for a $50 set of wheels then maybe I can understand a PM with some heads up, but asking less than retail. WHATS THAT! I thought at least at Ebay I would not have to deal with wise cracks from know it all. At least I thought so. It was bad enough when I posted here at "FOR SALE" Now via the forum my ebay post. And ebay suggest where your item should be placed so I sometimes follow their suggestion, sometimes I do not. This forum has lost so many and this is the main reason. No matter what you say others have something to say about it. That has nothing to do with the post. they give advise when advise is not ask for. if you do not like what is posted them move on...for sale post is not a place to submit your opinions on prices or fact, if you have to state a negative then pm that person. do not call them out on a public forum or through your comments suggest that I, or someone else is ripping someone off. I do not do that. And those I have done business with know that. And when you sell on ebay you pay fees on final sale price, insertion fees, shipping fees, and paypal fees. that can run 15% to 25% of the sale price. I have had enough of this bull so I will move on, and only inform of fact, no advice, no opinions, I will only pm or post support of my friends. no other. You may continue running members off, and I will continue with my true friends.

P.S Its not just this post I am talking about, Its all the wise cracks, mud slinging, trash talking, and name calling that has filled the forum. You go to a trend and it starts out one way and ends up as a free for all. A cage fight at the forum. WHY? Give me a good reason for this....can you? Even a strait forward tread as FOR SALE has become a war zone. And I am a cry baby because I am pissed off at what is happening to this forum, because members be little me on my FOR SALE post. Even when I do not post them here. If I started acting crazy and started posting off the wall things, the I understand the negative responses. But I am not. This was not the vision that the founders wished it to be. If I am so wrong then why do we have 10,131 registered members and only 861 active. Last year when I joined there was almost 1,300 active. So why is so many jumping ship? I wish you could post something and feel safe that someone would not start the wise cracks, mud slinging, trash talking, and name calling. That they would read the post simply for the read, and not for the cage fight. Even this post has started a free for all. with name calling.

So I wrote a book here, its time for all the wise cracks, mud slinging, trash talking, and name calling to begin.
the california kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #2
scrapdaddy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

totally agree, and i have gone off topic too, im working real hard to stop tho, i learned so much when i found the forum, but it is like a rodeo show, and it shouldnt be. alot of people on here could do alot better., i tip my hat to you sir, we should all be gentlemen!
  Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #3
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!
 
gotsk8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Madison, Florida
Posts: 5,731
Default

Randy I agree with ya also. If there`s a price on something that I want but can`t afford, guess what I do? I don`t go to walmart and tell them they are a bunch of jackwagons for having there stuff too high, I move on and wait til I have the cabbage to get said piece. There`s no need for that kind of trash. If you don`t agree with the price speak with the manager and not let the whole store hear it.

I`ve made quite a few a friends since I came back to the forums but I`ve also came across a few that ... well lets say ... how about we leave it at that lol.
__________________
Genesis 12:2-3
"My neighbors listen to good music whether they like it or not"
gotsk8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #4
Big Nick
Straight 'outta Coburg
 
Big Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Beneath the Southern Cross
Posts: 4,838
Default California Kid.

You are good in my book mate.
__________________
--------------------------------------
My girl sk8's Derby, whats your excuse??
Big Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #5
tat2mike
808 Addiction!
 
tat2mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 209
Default

Been around the forum goin on 4 years now. I agree there has been alot of this goin around not only in sale type threads but in all other threads as well. I ignore it myself. But i see what your saying.
tat2mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #6
swolltitan
Getting Back Into It
 
swolltitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 1,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2mike View Post
I ignore it myself.
That is the key right there. Being a public forum on the interwebs, everyone can say anything they want, and have the comfort of anonymity in what they say. So no real backlash comes, and others just say *You need to get some thick skin*.

All I can say is that if someone does respond in a matter you dont care for, report the post. Don't sit there and argue with people, because it doesn't help you at all.
__________________
Riedell 395 Redline, Ultimate III, Bones Swiss, Ultimate Weapons
Bont Jet, XTech IS, Bones Swiss, Hyper G Truth
swolltitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #7
BWI-Sheldon
Pro Bike Chaser
 
BWI-Sheldon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,378
Default

Well there went the baby with the bath water.

Here's an idea, don't sell anything on the forum or discuss an ebay sale, or complain about a sale, or think about a sale.

Just run your mouth, throw in your 2 cents like the rest of us, and deal with it.


Idea #2. Start skating on inlines. We are a very tolerant and friendly crowd.
BWI-Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Reserector
ameteur debunker
 
Reserector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Laurel, MS
Posts: 1,715
Default

I often follow a thread until "it" starts. Then I move on.
This is not the only public skate forum on the interweb, though it is probably the most populated. Lots of good info here, but tedious at times to sort through it all to find the pearls of wisdom.

For Sale threads need to be moderated for just the sort of thing you are talking about. I had similar problems on my forums until I instructed the mods to immediately delete anything that was derogatory. I don't care if you want to sell a potato chip shaped like a skate for $250,000. I have the right to make a lower offer, but not to tell you what to ask for it. That sort of thing is annoying to say the least.
__________________
http://southernskater.com
Reserector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #9
Dec8rSk8r
Senior Member
 
Dec8rSk8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,288
Default

Yeah, there’s been some extra nastiness in the quad section lately. FEF must be on vacation too, because there are no bunny pictures to help filter out the bad vibes we get from reading some of these threads. I bet the forum admins are to the point of where Abby Lee was with her group of moms on Dance Moms earlier in the week; she was like – “If I have to lose one of you to make this a more cohesive group, I will.” I could understand that logic.

I also think if people are guilty of slinging mud right back and taking random potshots at the other person in unrelated threads, they should lose their right to run and tattle, because it seems to me that they kinda missed out on their chance to take the high road.

I think it would be nice if when you ignored someone, it automatically made it so that neither of you could see each others posts. I realize there are holes in that logic because if you are not logged in, you could see their posts anyway. Not everyone “gets” or appreciates everyone else here. Not by a long shot.


On the the Ebay listings, usually if we know it's another loggers listing, we have enough manners not to comment on the price.

I don't think we should ever say something negative on someone else's For Sale add on the forum, you know for a fact that's a forum members listing and that they, along with everyone else, are reading your mean comments. If you don't like their item, or think it's worth the asking price, I think we should just go on about our own business and let them handle theirs.

I guess about all we can do is try to post positive stuff as much as possible, and try not to fuel the flame wars, which is sometimes easier said than done.
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #10
Acid Burn
Rollerskatin' Parts Wench
 
Acid Burn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reserector View Post
For Sale threads need to be moderated for just the sort of thing you are talking about. I had similar problems on my forums until I instructed the mods to immediately delete anything that was derogatory. I don't care if you want to sell a potato chip shaped like a skate for $250,000. I have the right to make a lower offer, but not to tell you what to ask for it. That sort of thing is annoying to say the least.
It's one thing to post something for sale at a decent price, it's a completely different matter altogether when someone posts some skates for sale that are waaaaayyyyy overpriced (like the Labedas on Ebay posted in the Ebay/CL finds forum). That doesn't mean I crap on them myself, I have better things to do, but if someone's going to try and be a scam artist, they need to expect fallout.
Acid Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #11
scrapdaddy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Burn View Post
It's one thing to post something for sale at a decent price, it's a completely different matter altogether when someone posts some skates for sale that are waaaaayyyyy overpriced (like the Labedas on Ebay posted in the Ebay/CL finds forum). That doesn't mean I crap on them myself, I have better things to do, but if someone's going to try and be a scam artist, they need to expect fallout.
there is a difference in being a scam artist like the labeda seller, and offering up things for what you believe is an honest value just to have people harrass you for making some coin on something, there is alot of that here for sure. and the rality is, alot of us on here ebay, if you dont understand how a free market works, you need to keep it to yourself. as to the redic. mud slinging going down, sometimes we get heated when talking about engineering and we Fup and say somethign we regret, often these things get smoothed over by PM, those who know me, know what im talking about. but some people, not gonna say who, but i just flag the posts, NOW, i got sucked in too, say really mean and hatefull stuff to and about people they do not know,and thats not cool. i have butted heads with several members on here and have worked most of that stuff out, by PM, ******, mr shelby, and even dillo, i dont want hate to rule, but i am all for some healthy debate

Last edited by scrapdaddy; February 9th, 2012 at 10:16 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #12
slowsk8
Senior Member
 
slowsk8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tukwila, just south of Seattle
Posts: 1,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWI-Sheldon View Post
Here's an idea, don't sell anything on the forum or discuss an ebay sale, or complain about a sale, or think about a sale.
+1
I think of the "for sale" forum as a place to post what I don't want or can't use any more and maybe someone can get a good deal on something they can use.
Not a place for the budding buisness man to get free add space.
Some post so much stuff I can't help but wonder if they are ripping it off at speed meets on in rinks.
slowsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #13
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!
 
gotsk8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Madison, Florida
Posts: 5,731
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
Yeah, there’s been some extra nastiness in the quad section lately. FEF must be on vacation too, because there are no bunny pictures to help filter out the bad vibes we get from reading some of these threads. I bet the forum admins are to the point of where Abby Lee was with her group of moms on Dance Moms earlier in the week; she was like – “If I have to lose one of you to make this a more cohesive group, I will.” I could understand that logic.

I also think if people are guilty of slinging mud right back and taking random potshots at the other person in unrelated threads, they should lose their right to run and tattle, because it seems to me that they kinda missed out on their chance to take the high road.

I think it would be nice if when you ignored someone, it automatically made it so that neither of you could see each others posts. I realize there are holes in that logic because if you are not logged in, you could see their posts anyway. Not everyone “gets” or appreciates everyone else here. Not by a long shot.


On the the Ebay listings, usually if we know it's another loggers listing, we have enough manners not to comment on the price.

I don't think we should ever say something negative on someone else's For Sale add on the forum, you know for a fact that's a forum members listing and that they, along with everyone else, are reading your mean comments. If you don't like their item, or think it's worth the asking price, I think we should just go on about our own business and let them handle theirs.

I guess about all we can do is try to post positive stuff as much as possible, and try not to fuel the flame wars, which is sometimes easier said than done.
Really great post right here!
__________________
Genesis 12:2-3
"My neighbors listen to good music whether they like it or not"
gotsk8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #14
scrapdaddy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsk8 View Post
+1
I think of the "for sale" forum as a place to post what I don't want or can't use any more and maybe someone can get a good deal on something they can use.
Not a place for the budding buisness man to get free add space.
Some post so much stuff I can't help but wonder if they are ripping it off at speed meets on in rinks.
i buy alot of stuff off ebay for derby girl builds, they all are broke so used is key, i try and reuse all of a set of skates i will buy for the boot or plate, i got wheels out the wazoo, but the selection is great for hot swaping on a derby girl to get the right ones for her, but often i get things like ultimates or og shamans and the derby girls dont care what they are, are they cheap, well no, so they sit, if things sit for too long or are true vintage or rare or odd, i found the forum a great place to find those items new homes. i only tried to make more than i paid once and got crucified for it, but the boots were worth every penny i was asking, and i spent hours and hours cleaning them and polishing them, i felt i was due my asking price, but becouse forum members knew what i won the auction for, they felt i should sell to them at cost or even lower, take a loss for a forum member, um not if i have a choice, and when it was a lot of wheels it was me needing to pay the bills, always grea great prices for forum members, but for some that wasnt good enough. im not a buding bussiness man, im a welder mostly these days, i skate, have for 30+ years and now how to fix and build, so i do, and i buy and sell the parts that come from that, im not trying to make bank, im trying not to take a loss, i got a wife a kid a morgage, i cant take a loss unless its fire sale time the power is gonna get cut off, but for some, non of that matters, they just want what they want, only want to pay what they want, and will quickly back out of a deal when it doesnt suit them, even after saying," hold that for me, i get paid in acouple days" week goes buy, nothin, yo, sorry bud this or that happened, figured you were good, thanks, but no.......buy and sell on this board only if you are prepared for the BS
  Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #15
Acid Burn
Rollerskatin' Parts Wench
 
Acid Burn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapdaddy View Post
there is a difference in being a scam artist like the labeda seller, and offering up things for what you believe is an honest value just to have people harrass you for making some coin on something, there is alot of that here for sure. and the rality is, alot of us on here ebay, if you dont understand how a free market works, you need to keep it to yourself. as to the redic. mud slinging going down, sometimes we get heated when talking about engineering and we Fup and say somethign we regret, often these things get smoothed over by PM, those who know me, know what im talking about. but some people, not gonna say who, but i just flag the posts, NOW, i got sucked in too, say really mean and hatefull stuff to and about people they do not know,and thats not cool. i have butted heads with several members on here and have worked most of that stuff out, by PM, ******, mr shelby, and even dillo, i dont want hate to rule, but i am all for some healthy debate


I HAVE TO ADD, I NOW KNOW SOME MEMBERS ARE ACTUALLY TRYING TO STIR IT UP, I HAVE PM'S FROM THEM, ANYBODY WANTS TO KNOW, HIT ME UP.....
Oh, there's a huge difference between that Labeda idiot and fair prices. I don't think I've seen anyone here try and jack fellow loggers like the Labeda guy.

I think the worst I ever said (aside from telling californiakid to change his tampon) was the smartass comment in the Dr. Demento thread about finding them at rollerskatin.ca NOS with the shrink wrap even.
Acid Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #16
Malcom
Senior Member
 
Malcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapdaddy View Post
I HAVE TO ADD, I NOW KNOW SOME MEMBERS ARE ACTUALLY TRYING TO STIR IT UP, I HAVE PM'S FROM THEM, ANYBODY WANTS TO KNOW, HIT ME UP.....
You don't have to ask for PM's. See I come right out-never had a problem with it.....

But you are confusing brutal, honest answers to questions posted in thread with stirring things up.

Speaking of stirring things up, why would you keep posting comments like the above if that is not what YOU were looking to do. How many different threads have you posted this in now?

Cast ye not the first stone.
__________________
Cancer sucks.
Malcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #17
scrapdaddy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom View Post
You don't have to ask for PM's. See I come right out-never had a problem with it.....

But you are confusing brutal, honest answers to questions posted in thread with stirring things up.

Speaking of stirring things up, why would you keep posting comments like the above if that is not what YOU were looking to do. How many different threads have you posted this in now?

Cast ye not the first stone.
fair enough, i got really riled up, the pms in the back ground, ill edit now, but your right......
  Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #18
Malcom
Senior Member
 
Malcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapdaddy View Post
fair enough, i got really riled up, the pms in the back ground, ill edit now, but your right......
You and I should be partners in a police car.

And it's no problem.....I don't hold grudges and I really don't get riled up.
__________________
Cancer sucks.
Malcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #19
scrapdaddy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom View Post
You and I should be partners in a police car.

And it's no problem.....I don't hold grudges and I really don't get riled up.
no, we shouldnt, im pretty sure one of us would end up dead,, and im not saying it would be you, i might just shoot myself
  Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #20
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio Tx
Posts: 6,326
Default

Well, this forum is un-moderated. So...... stuff happens. And unless it gets REALLY nasty and/or gets reported, the stuff just stands.

Pissing contests happen. Get a poncho.

Or don't post. That seems to be a popular option these days.

For me, take the good with the bad, and try to contribute. (although I have been in the middle of the muck a time or two ) That is my stand.
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.