S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Forum Games
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Games All of our forum games are now located here.

Old August 13th, 2009, 07:09 AM   #1161
JGwinner
(w)Rec(k) Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
I wish I had the ability to relieve people of their afflictions like
Stephen King's character from The Green Mile, John Coffey.*

*"like the drink only not spelled the same"

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
I wish Tremor would start skating.
Speedy shook his head out his reverie. "I spend entirely too much time thinking about old movies. Boy that John Coffey was a cool guy, I wish I could be just like him, but time to live in the present. How do we fix this mess of Gwins?"

Speedy looked at JG standing in the muck and looking at his shoes. Speedy walked over and offered him his hanky. "Just like Arthur Dent", he thought, "except my towel is a little smaller. I'm a freaking hero. Again"

"It's Ok," JG said, standing up. "It's good leather, they'll recover. Hey, I think Jessica has a problem."

Speedy looked over and sure enough, Jessica was limping. Speedy looked down at her toes and just … felt, funny. "I think I can … take that back." Speedy reached out his hand and the purple blotches on Jessica's toes suddenly went away. She straightened, albeit not much stooped much being the trooper that she is, and looked amazed. "Hey Speedy! My toes feel much better!".

"Way to go girl!"

Speedy looked over at Tremor, still trying to stand up like the weeble he was, wobbly. "Maybe with my new found power, I can help the Tremstor create a few less Tremors." Speed walked over to Brian.

"What do you want, Betch!" grinned Tremor. "Oh, I know, come to help me get to the Sheep Inn! Let me guess, I bend over, you'll drive?"

"Oh Brian, such … an elaborate Faηade, when it's the simple truth. In any event, why aren't you skating Buddy?" JT reached out the same way he had toward Jessica. He had to do it twice … first the desire to go to the Sheep's Inn, then the whole Weebles Weight thing …. JT strained mightily and then just felt himself pull all the weight from Tremor. "I've taken it back!".

Tremor suddenly looked a little uncomfortable, then clasped his arms to his midsection apprehensively, then … deflated like a balloon! He bent down and struggled with his pants, then threw them off. "I'm skinny again!" Tremor danced around sans Pants, reveling in his new found skinniness, much to everyone else's consternation.

"My eyes!" cried Sean. "Dude, is that a Hot Pink Thong?" His eyes were tearing up profusely. Again JT reached out, in the manner of his namesake, and just … took away Sean's pain. "I think I have the hang of this … I took away Sean's pain without making Brian himself go away. This is great!" he thought to himself.

"Hey JG, mind if I check out these skates?" said Tremor.

"They're customs, they won't fit you," JG replied.

"OUCH!" Yelled Tremor as he excitedly jammed his feet into the bizarrely thin custom skates.. JT sighed and pulled that pain away too. Tremor was getting to be his best customer.

"A Cab and a tow truck. What?" Larry was shouting in his cell phone. "No, a Tow Truck." Larry looked surprised as the Cabinet company hung up on him. Larry looked down at his phone and laboriously started to dial the next number that led to a car rental company. JT squinted and looked at Larry's knobby, ossified fingers. "Oh, sure. Larry's older than Dirt, this should be easy," he thought. He reached out to Larry and felt the deafness and the arthritis pull out of Larry. Larry suddenly looked at his hands in a wonder, then straightened up, his shoulders now those of a spry 20 year old. "Oh - they said Cabinetry company! I need to call a Cab!" Larry started enthusiastically dialing with his now nimble fingers.

"One more important one to do," thought JT. He turned toward Sarah, and reached out toward her.

"Ouch!" yelled Sarah. She suddenly started digging into the waistband of her sweats. "What the?" She pulled out her Insulin pump. The raw, red spot where it usually fed into was suddenly healed. She looked at her fingers and there were no more marks where she tested herself. "Speedy, what is this?" she asked, in wonder. "It was a secret ..."

"You're now healed, Sarah." He smiled, and she smiled back. He bathed in the glow from her sweet smile, as well as the warm feeling he had from helping all of these people, as well as in … wait, there was some other kind of glow? Speedy turned around to see what the bright light behind him was.

The Skate Goddess hung in the air. "The Skate Goddess!" he cried out.

"Who?" asked Gwins. He looked around, dumbfounded as ever.

"Speedy, only you can see me," the Goddess said in a voice that sounded like music, as she smiled sadly at JT. "Speedy, I'm so sorry. You do know that The Green Mile is a book and a movie, right?"

"Well sure. What a great wish, huh?"

She shook her head, sadly, and a small tear danced down an otherwise impeccable cheek. "Oh dear, that was a movie, the rules can bend a little in Hollywood. Didn't you wonder about how something gets taken back without going anywhere?"

"What do you mean?"

"Speedy, all the ills you took back … in this world, they have to go somewhere."

JT suddenly felt uncomfortable. His pants were much, much too tight. He had a bad feeling about this …

"Oh, at least I can help with the pants. No more Tremoring the world at least." The Goddess waved her hands at JT's pants, and JT felt his jeans expand like a water balloon on a fire hose.

"Hey JT, what's wrong?" Gwins headed over to Speedy, mud ignored. JT sank to the ground, as much as he could, feeling suddenly dizzy. JT didn't know what was wrong …

"He needs Sugar!" exclaimed Sarah. She just so happened to have some small pieces of diabetic candy. Forcing the small pieces into Speedy was harder than it sounded because Speedy's lips were now the size of Sean's BBQ sausages.

JT sighed, suddenly feeling a little more normal. His hands felt stiff, and it was hard to hear all of his friends asking questions. He felt a little forgetful. What else was it?

Tremor skated past the group, oblivious to JT's problems, reveling in his new found speed, the skates gliding effortlessly. His oversized T-Shirt blew in the wind, which JT thought looked silly hanging above the tight underwear …. Well, now, what was that? Oh, that's the other thing he pulled out of Tremor … oddly, Sean's pain didn't hurt him.

JT yelled out, "Hey Tremor! You've got one mighty fine a$$!"

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt, 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
JGwinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #1162
speedysktr
President of Everything

awesome, pitchurs and everything.
well done, gwinnie.
well done, indeed, my friend.
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #1163
scubask8tr

Fark JG get a life LOL
scubask8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #1164
JGwinner
(w)Rec(k) Skater

I wish I had a life!
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #1165
CrazyGambit
Socially Unacceptable

Good job JG, Thie pics definitly add to it.
Is that your wish?
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #1166
JGwinner
(w)Rec(k) Skater

Sure!

I won't do pictures every time I just wanted an opportunity to do the Skate Goddess. I hope she turned out Ok. I was shooting for an Angelic version of Kathie's avatar pic, clothing wise.

Note she's not wearing a helmet, but that Halo should work fine, so hopefully she's still setting the example.

== John ==
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt, 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:15 PM   #1167
BWI-Sheldon
Pro Bike Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGwinner View Post
Note she's not wearing a helmet, but that Halo should work fine, so hopefully she's still setting the example.
I didn't even notice, but I was looking at the brake on each skate. What wheels does she have, 90's? Also I am wondering if they are Matters because the hubs look like the juice hubs. Please let me know.
One more thing, does she have ceramic bearings? I don't think she needs them because her feet never roll through the wet.
BWI-Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:39 PM   #1168
JGwinner
(w)Rec(k) Skater

It was really tough finding a set of skates, those are about as close as I could get to real skates. It is weird there are dual brakes!

I think the wheels might be 80's, but they are made out of thoughts, dreams, effort, and practice.

I made her wheels colored a little differently from Tremor's. I wasn't sure if he'd want pink wheels.

I'm tempted to model my own skates but just didn't have time - these aren't very accurate, but they were as close as I could come.

(I also forgot to turn on shadows on the main light in the scene which really bugs me I'll fix that tonight. Also, the dynamic hair just didn't come out right, there's a 'slot' in the middle which is kind of weird. But it's hard finding a guy's hair that goes down that low - check out his forum picture!)

This was all done with a program called 'poser' ... haven't quite gotten my art assets moved over to Maya, and I'm several versions behind on Maya anyway.

== John ==
Old August 15th, 2009, 11:40 PM   #1169
Smartin
Cerebrally Dismembered

That was most EXCELLENT Gwins!!!
Your art turned out great. Why do I have a feeling that Trem is humming "If I Could Turn Back Time? The fuchsia thong really suits him for some reason
You made me laugh and cry at the same time. I can't tell you how very touched I am by your wish for me
Smartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 01:21 AM   #1170
JGwinner
(w)Rec(k) Skater

You're welcome, and thank you (blush)

I had a Marathon sign, but I just couldn't put together a Petrol station in the time I had, even lacking a life
Old December 6th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #1171
Smartin
Cerebrally Dismembered

I have nothing to add, but I'm so bored that seeing my name as the last post on every game is providing some mild amusement <beats head on keyboard>
Old December 6th, 2009, 03:06 AM   #1172
BWI-Sheldon
Pro Bike Chaser

Granted and now you will be bored reading my lame corrupt.

I wish that facebook doesn't kill skatelog.
BWI-Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 05:42 AM   #1173
Tremor
I tastes like chicken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartin View Post
I have nothing to add, but I'm so bored that seeing my name as the last post on every game is providing some mild amusement <beats head on keyboard>
ChickenSH!T!
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:17 PM   #1174
Smartin
Cerebrally Dismembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWI-Sheldon View Post
Granted and now you will be bored reading my lame corrupt.

Is THAT what's happening to this place?. I guess the really serious attention Ho's don't get enough coverage on the forum alone. Facebook apparently provides that instantaneous LOOK AT MEEEEE gratification they require.
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:20 AM   #1175
CrazyGambit
Socially Unacceptable

My absences are not facebook related. I have been resisting the facebook thing.
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:41 AM   #1176
Smartin
Cerebrally Dismembered

I didn't mean the forum games when I said "this place"- I meant the forum as a whole being boring as bat$hit.. err I mean slow in general lately

My niece talked me into getting facebook to play some insipid game with her. We played twice If I ever get bored enough to play "farmville", "restaurant city" or feel the need to twitter... just stab me with a fork, I'm done
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:46 AM   #1177
CrazyGambit
Socially Unacceptable

Quote:
If I ever get bored enough to play "farmville", "restaurant city" or feel the need to twitter... just stab me with a fork, I'm done
I hear ya. A lot of people are really into those myspace games as well.
Old December 8th, 2009, 02:20 AM   #1178
speedysktr
President of Everything

Default Fire and Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWI-Sheldon View Post
granted. Facebook implodes after it's disclosed as a large social expirement generated to prove that most everyone across the social strata has some degree of pointless superficiality. As it turns out the higher the friend count, the more pointless and superficially banal that person's life is. Turns out that skatelog eventually just fizzles out, but for an entirely different set of reasons that never become completely clear, but skating continues and the lasting friendships formed in skatelog continue as well.

I wish I was a famous and successful maestro.
Old December 8th, 2009, 02:29 AM   #1179
Smartin
Cerebrally Dismembered

Sorry no can do... but if you ever want to be a Chippendale's dancer call me

Wishes I had a fist full of $5 bills <just in case>
Old December 8th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #1180
speedysktr
President of Everything

Quote:
Sorry no can do... but if you ever want to be a Chippendale's dancer call me

Wishes I had a fist full of $5 bills <just in case>
Granted, but they're permanently attached and no matter what you do they won't come off. The kids call you salad hands and it is generally leads to particularly awkward situations with panhandlers and policemen.

Still uncorrupted: I wish I was a famous and successful maestro.